Which Pressure Washer

/ Which Pressure Washer #11  
I'll put in a vote for recent Briggs motors if you don't want to spend for the Honda. The ones I've owned recently are easy starters.

/ Which Pressure Washer #12  
I purchase a gas power 6.5 pressure washer from Sears and had very good luck thru the years.

From washing tractors to cleaning the sides of the house,also knocking down bee's nest..does it all.

/ Which Pressure Washer #13  
i have a craftsman gas power washer and it is fine for all my needs, 1800 psi i wash the house, garage and drive way. also use it on less psi to wash cars and tractor on ocassion. just keep the pressure down when around glass or engine wiring, or bearings, no sense in doing any damage.

/ Which Pressure Washer #14  
Thomas,

also knocking down bee's nests

Reminds me of the time I shot an arrow into a hornets nest, ran away and my sister was standing in the area unaware.
Little did we know she was allergic to bees, tho we found out the hard way.

They have many uses, and thanks for reminding me of another application for the PW.

Carl

/ Which Pressure Washer #15  
I am a Honda and Kawa fan for sure but I have several pieces of equipment powered by Briggs. All start and run nicely and have been problem free. I have a 2500PSI and 3GPM Genrac. It was several hundred less on sale than an equivalent Honda (and better unit with Cat pump) washer and it is several years old now and still looks and performs like new. I favor these medium sized units because they can blast your driveway clean, wash your house and do lot's of other stuff where 1.5 or 2 GPM would be lacking. Anyway, Briggs ain't all bad and some of their newer engines seem to be real strong performers. You can time your water flow, my house supplies about 4.8 GPM at the front lawn water faucet--enough to operate a washer. J

/ Which Pressure Washer #16  
My complaint was not against the Sears power washer, which has been good. My complaint was against the Tecumseh motor which has been nothing but trouble! Get a Briggs , Honda, Kohler or other brand and your life will be much simpler.

/ Which Pressure Washer
WOW! I thank everyone for their opinions, inputs and first-hand experienced info. You guys are great, this is an absolutley wonderful sight!

I should have mentioned I was thinking of one for personal use and would probably use it a couple times a year to blow the grime from engines and wheel wells. Hope to get a tractor "someday", then I could use a pressure washer more.

A neighbor had a lawn mower with a Tecumseh engine and it only lasted one summer.
Thanks,

/ Which Pressure Washer #18  
I just rented one this wekend. 6.5 HP Honda, 2700 PSI at 3.? GPM. It had 3 different nozzles. The guy recommended using the widest nozzle first and move up if I had to. He warned me not to point it at my feet, as it might cut through my boots. He said the narrowest nozzle would rip you open like a razor.

I used it to peel the paint off of my old wood siding on a garage. It did a great job. I did about 50 feet of 8' high wall in two hours. If I wasn't careful, I peeled the wood out too. It also did a great job on my fence and deck.

I think that much pressure could damage rubber parts on an engine and force water under gaskets and into bearings or bushings.

/ Which Pressure Washer #19  
Devilbiss 1750PSI @ 2GPM, 5HP B&S, $297 at Home Depot about 5 yrs. ago. Countless uses, by me and quite a few friends.

No problems, until this year. It would not start on the second or third pull like it always used to. It would start when the water supply and the hose were disconnected. So I tore down the pump. When the pump was apart, the lube inside looked like silver paste. I started picking out a few pieces of flat metal, and about 10 or 12 roller bearings. Hmmm- there is another roller bearing intact, so I guess there were two once upon a time./w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif Looking at the owners manual was no good as there is no parts information. I thought, no problem the DeVilbiss website will have this stuff online. Nope, they have a number to call and to get parts info. I'll let you know how it goes.

One thing I did notice in the Owners Manual, that I did not tell the other operators, was that you should not let the unit run without pulling the trigger for more than 2 minutes. (doh)/w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif The pump will become overheated if there is no water flow. I wonder if some of the more expensive units have the same issue?

/ Which Pressure Washer #20  
<<Devilbiss 1750PSI @ 2GPM, 5HP B&S, $297 at Home Depot about 5 yrs. ago. Countless uses, by me and quite a few friends. >>

I just bought one of those used at a garage sale. Runs great. I did find the website, and I also found a distributor site that sells parts at www.devilbissparts.com. They show exploded parts drawings. Mine has a FAIP pump, maybe yours does too. Mine looks like the one that starts with D.

I didn't get a manual, maybe I better. I didn't know about the 2 minute warning.