Best compact tractor for around 15K

/ Best compact tractor for around 15K #11  
Kioti CK20

How's that for almost immediate feedback! 5 minutes later and a solid pick. I am partial to the Kioti lineup myself, having said that, I really wish my first tractor would have been one of those CK's and not the CC I used to own. I had to use one at my dealer's lot to return an attachment rental. I was surprised how that little tractor could pull that tiller out of my truck so easily, heck, the tiller was almost as big as that tractor. Trust Rick, take a look at that CK before you render your final decision.

/ Best compact tractor for around 15K #12  
My father and I are looking to start a landscaping buissness. We want a tractor around 20HP and Don't want to spend much more than 15k. What is the best quality tractor for this price?
Thanks,
Ty

Many landscapers use Kubota B-series tractors in the 20hp range since they are small, nimble and strong enough for the job.

I bought a new Kubota B7510HST (21 hp engine, 17 hp pto, 4WD) with the LA302 FEL (4-ft bucket) for $12,600 in May05. A great little tractor.

/ Best compact tractor for around 15K #13  
If your concerned about a smooth running engine, you'll be hard pressed to beat a Kubota B2320. Easily well under 15k. The engine in this tractor has a shorter stroke than some others making it run more smoothly. Its the smoothest of all the B-series tractors in my experience.

/ Best compact tractor for around 15K #14  
If your concerned about a smooth running engine, you'll be hard pressed to beat a Kubota B2320. Easily well under 15k. The engine in this tractor has a shorter stroke than some others making it run more smoothly. Its the smoothest of all the B-series tractors in my experience.
MY BX23 is smooth.
Smooth and quiet.

/ Best compact tractor for around 15K #15  
You need to visit local dealers, sit on different trctors and try them out, see which ones fit you. While you are about it, evaluate each dealer, parts and service as well as sales, and make sure the dealer will fit your needs too. Make more than one visit to the ones you like, and listen to them as well as to the group here for their advice. Make sure that what you are hearing makes sense to you.

Good luck with your shopping.

/ Best compact tractor for around 15K #16  
What do you plan on using for attachments? If you are going to be seroius about the landscpaping business you will want to get a "harley rake" The 6' model I had took every bit of the 32hp I had.

/ Best compact tractor for around 15K #17  
What do you plan on using for attachments? If you are going to be seroius about the landscpaping business you will want to get a "harley rake" The 6' model I had took every bit of the 32hp I had.

Good point. I forgot about the Harley rake, which to a landscaper is, I suppose, like a hammer to a carpenter.

Harley makes the TM-4 rake (4 ft wide) for SCUTs in the 15-22 hp range.

/ Best compact tractor for around 15K #18  
TYM...

But really, it is so much less about the tractor and so much more about the dealer...

You might want to ask yourself which dealer is going to get you back to work, as quick as possible. That may mean night time repairs, loaner tractors, whatever... Tractors can an will break.

And after seeing a lot of these IMO the TYM brand is really great, but that is partly because there is a killer dealer in our hood.

/ Best compact tractor for around 15K #19  
If your running a harley rake I'd consider a Kubota B2920 for the PTO HP. You'll be needing a bit more power than your average person on this board. Its still in your price range and you'll be much more productive. Its still on that small chasis your looking for but has the engine power of a larger machine.

/ Best compact tractor for around 15K #20  
Or a CK35.