Best compact tractor for around 15K

/ Best compact tractor for around 15K #1  

twducz1

My father and I are looking to start a landscaping buissness. We want a tractor around 20HP and Don't want to spend much more than 15k. What is the best quality tractor for this price?
Thanks,
Ty

/ Best compact tractor for around 15K #2  
Kioti CK20

/ Best compact tractor for around 15K #3  
your going to need to be a bit more specific.

with or without finish mower (mmm or rfm)
with our without loader
with our without backhoe
with our without a boxblade/rearblade/landscape rake

you wanting to spend 15K total with implements or not?

a tractor without implements is severely hamstrung

TC24

whatever flavor, my suggestion would be a class 1 CUT. not a SCUT <cough> riding lawnmower <cough>

/ Best compact tractor for around 15K #4  
whatever flavor, my suggestion would be a class 1 CUT. not a SCUT <cough> riding lawnmower <cough>

Ouch,

Be careful, us BX owners like to think we have a tractor. I don't know, I get alot done with my TLB

/ Best compact tractor for around 15K #5  
Take a look at a Montana. I own a 57 hp with FEL and cab and love mine. If you go to the site below they have lots of different brands you can kinda compare prices.

2007 MONTANA 2740 Less than 40 HP For Sale At TractorHouse.com

Used Tractors at TractorHouse.com: John Deere Tractors, used farm tractors and farm equipment, Case IH, New Holland, Agco, Caterpillar.

From what I can tell there are a lot of good tractors to choose from. Find a reliable local dealer and go try different ones out. What sold me on the Montana is the 4 cylinder Mitshibishi diesel in my model compared to the 3 cylinder in most other brands.

Good Luck

/ Best compact tractor for around 15K #6  
What sold me on the Montana is the 4 cylinder Mitshibishi diesel in my model compared to the 3 cylinder in most other brands.

Why is the 4 cylinder any better? The most praise I've ever heard on tractor engines is for the 3 cylinder Perkins. Does it have more torque or something?

/ Best compact tractor for around 15K #8  
Buy used and your money will go way farther in whatever you buy. There are many good gently used tractors on the market for sale. Probably get more than double what you could buy new.

/ Best compact tractor for around 15K #9  
Why is the 4 cylinder any better? The most praise I've ever heard on tractor engines is for the 3 cylinder Perkins. Does it have more torque or something?

My last tractor was a 3 cylinder perkins and i loved that tractor and the perkins engine. It was quiet and a work horse. However, for me the only dealers I have close are Deere, Kubota and a little farther away was the Montana. I just didn't like how much clatter the 3 cylinder Deere have. I have a neighbor who has one and so far no problems, but even he admits he likes the 4 cylinder mitshibishi better than his. What finalized my decision was I could get the Montana with a cab in same hp as the Kubota with just rops. I also liked how the Montana was heavier than the Kubota. I've had the Montana for about a year now and I like it better than the Deere and Case and other tractors i've previously owned or used.

When I priced tractors it seemed like used were almost as high as new. The market may have changed! Are you a first time tractor owner? If so i'd go new if you can afford it. Get the good financing rates and the 3 year warranty of a new one.

I've heard good things about Kioti, Montan, Mahindra and Branson tractors. Also McCormick is using the same company to make some of their tractors that makes the Montana.

I recommend go try all of them out in your price range that are close to you and then do research on where they are made and go to the different sites on here and learn as much as you can.

Good Luck, Happy Tractor Hunting.

/ Best compact tractor for around 15K #10  
Your not going to beat a Kioti CK20 in terms of strength, design, capabilities and warranty for that price range. Being a business owner, you should know that the Kioti 4-yr warranty is for ALL USES of the tractor, unlike the other orange tractor that cuts your warranty in half for commercial users. :cool:

Happy shopping!