Hp vs Weight

/ Hp vs Weight #1  

kcook

Platinum Member
Tractor
Cub Lawn Tractor
I see a large difference between CUT's and SCUT's in weight vs HP. Is this important to a future owner. I plan on using tractor to cut lawn, loader work, back blade work to name a few.

Thanks

KC

/ Hp vs Weight #2  
Lawns generally benefit from light weight. The power is needed to spin the mower. Turf tires are going to be best.

Pulling stuff like plows through the dirt generally needs lots of traction and power, so weight and power are both needed to get the most from Ag tires.

You kind of need to strike a balance between the ways you will use the machine and how important each differing use is in your grand scheme. You may want to have 2 machines.

/ Hp vs Weight
Lawns generally benefit from light weight. The power is needed to spin the mower. Turf tires are going to be best.

Pulling stuff like plows through the dirt generally needs lots of traction and power, so weight and power are both needed to get the most from Ag tires.

You kind of need to strike a balance between the ways you will use the machine and how important each differing use is in your grand scheme. You may want to have 2 machines.

I have thought of that as well, here is my issue with that, money is tight. I have a small Cub lawn tractor that will need to cut over 4 ackers. I don't think it is going to do that. I need one tractor to do all with in my budget. I don't have the final budget numbers yet but I am guessing some were around 16k or so.

KC

/ Hp vs Weight #4  
Personally, I look for a tractor that has a base weight around 1HP per every 100 lbs (minimum). Weight (balast) can be added if needed. Tire size can be adjusted for flotation to make even the heaviest tractors carry a light footprint.

/ Hp vs Weight
Personally, I look for a tractor that has a base weight around 1HP per every 100 lbs (minimum). Weight (balast) can be added if needed. Tire size can be adjusted for flotation to make even the heaviest tractors carry a light footprint.

I have been looking at just that, would you suggest under a 100 better or not?

KC

/ Hp vs Weight #6  
I see a large difference between CUT's and SCUT's in weight vs HP. Is this important to a future owner. I plan on using tractor to cut lawn, loader work, back blade work to name a few.

Thanks

KC

For the type of work you're talking about, meaning the boxblade and loader work I'd definately go with a CUT. Probably with R4's

Andy

/ Hp vs Weight
For the type of work you're talking about, meaning the boxblade and loader work I'd definately go with a CUT. Probably with R4's

Andy

Any suggestion for about 16k?

KC

/ Hp vs Weight #9  
The new Kubota B series. 2320, 2620 and 2920 should all fall somewhere within your budget amount give or take a few hundred bucks here or there. I have the 2620 and it has lived up to all its expectations nice tractor!

/ Hp vs Weight #10  
I think that more information is needed. Do you have a special project that you plan on doing? How much loader work? When you say back blading what are you refering to, snow, leveling driveway, etc.? This would help determine the size of the tractor that you may require. I know this doesn't answer your question, but with more information, we might be better to help HP to weight issue.:)