Buying/Pricing

/ Buying/Pricing
Boony,
Those words were probably a poor choice of words and I apologize to everyone....A troller,not true...I will probably register in the near future.
Pay no attention to a troller u say...So someone that is not registered's, opinion does not count or no useful information can be obtaine from an individual unless he or she is registered??If that is the case everyone should be required to register before posting.

/ Buying/Pricing #52  
<font color=blue>"Boony,
Those words were probably a poor choice of words and I apologize to everyone....A troller,not true...I will probably register in the near future.

<font color=black>Considering it is free, the only thing you lose is anonmity.

<font color=blue>Pay no attention to a troller u say...So someone that is not registered's, opinion does not count or no useful information can be obtaine from an individual unless he or she is registered??If that is the case everyone should be required to register before posting. "

<font color=black>I don't think he meant it that way. It is just that we that took the time to register, are more likely to respond more readilly to someone that is also registered, and has taken the time to do so. Many people purposefully do not register due to the anonmity it entails.. and then they use this anonmity to make more or less firey comments without the possibility of retribution.

Those that take the time to open the -free- account and agree to be governed by the moderators and the guidelines laid down by the owner tend to be more credible, but that is not to say that all posts from unregistered sources are without merit.

Soundguy

/ Buying/Pricing #53  
/w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif

Isn't this same basic conversation going on somewhere else right this moment? Like in News/Feedback??/w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

/ Buying/Pricing #54  
“I also race actively in the SkipBarber series.”
-Dazed
-----------------------------
Ever run Lime Rock Park?
The downhill leading to the Main Straight is a trip, no?
Like sittin on a rocket sled. But don’t stuff one of Skip’s cars into the Armco.

Pilgrim

/ Buying/Pricing #56  
With all due respect, did I miss something here? Unless I am mistaken the original question was what kind of tractor would work best for "Dazed". I am not trying to cause trouble but I view questions like this one as a plea for help from you more experienced guys.. I have no doubt that a manual shift works well for a lot of people doing a lot of different kinds of work. Clearly it does for you. But the question here is not what works for YOU but rather;What would you recommend for Dazed, a guy who does not have a lifetime of tractor experience, who is not doing any of the kinds of work you described as better with gear drive, and who has to start producing useful work in less than a year?I think the discussion about gear vs. hydro is interesting, but it is a side issue considering the original question. You have years of valuable experience and are very knowledgeable on the subject of tractors. If you consider only the parameters of the original question, and consider the background of the person asking, what would you recommend for HIM. Are you really saying that under all circumstances, and with a person of any experience level, on any kind or size land area, doing all kinds of work, that gear drive is the way to go?

/ Buying/Pricing #57  
I hope that language is simply the result of someone not being familiar with this as a "kinder, gentler forum." Sadly, in many online forums, that line would have been exceedingly mild.

If Hydro became a member or just a regular, I'm pretty hopeful he'd catch on. The fact is, though, I'm the eternal optomist. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Buying/Pricing #58  
My wife can not drive a standard transmission car to save her life.
But I have sycro-reverser transmission tractor and she has no problem driving it.
Puts it in one gear and go.Stops flips a lever-reverse.
Don't get much easier than that.

/ Buying/Pricing #59  
Dazed

Here's my take on the gear vs hydro debate: If the primary work being done is of a tractive nature, that is, the energy of the diesel is output to the wheels, I would consider a gear drive tractor. If the primary work being done is with the PTO or hydraulics ( FEL ), I would consider a hydro. If you spend all day dragging a plow a gear drive makes more sense. If you are using a snowblower or other PTO implement a hydro is much more convenient.

RonL