Buying/Pricing

/ Buying/Pricing #61  
I just bought a new syncro-gear tractor because I tried a hydro and I was equally uncoordinated on both of them...Mike

/ Buying/Pricing
The saga continues on the never-ending thread......OK guys - All the dealers have discussed counterweighting for the FEL. Here it comes....Calcium in a tube or wheel weights????

/ Buying/Pricing #63  
Hawk,
I still don't think that a gear tractor is out of the question for him. It's not like trying to operate some archaic steel wheel tractor. These sychro gear driven tractors are easier to drive than a car. His question was if the guy at the dealership that told him he didn't want a hydro had any merit. In my mind it has plenty of merit. I was just trying to show him that you certainly shouldn't rule out a gear tractor and I still don't believe in any way possible, IN MY OPINION, that a gear tractor is any less safe than a hydro tractor. A little easier to drive yes but if you can drive a manual car you will do just fine with the gear tractor.

Dazed,
As far as wheel weights or calcium I prefer the wheel weights. You can always take the weight off when needed or add it. Secondly the Ca is expensive and everytime you have a flat you have to redo it alot of times. It's messy and you it promotes rust faster than just running air in the tires.

/ Buying/Pricing #64  
Personally, I like the weight IN the tire not bolted to the wheel. But I would never use CaCl. I run RV-antifreeze in the rears (ethanol-based antifreeze won't harm my dogs or livestock if I get a puncture, and evaporates pretty fast) and windshield washer fluid in the front (because I ran over my logging hooks once and lost my antifreeze thru the holes; WW fluid is much cheaper.)

Pete

/ Buying/Pricing
Moderator...I am confused I made a post here and it was pulled.I was not rude and it was all in fun what I said.I did not say anything vile or offensive....Explain to me why it was pulled please?
I have reservation about registering when we have a bunch of trigger happy censorers.
Please tell me what was wrong with the post...I am confused

/ Buying/Pricing #66  
Well are you really dazed now? As you have found by now this a great site with a lot of knowledge. If I can beat the dead horse I"ll throw in my useless opinion. Its hard to go too wrong if you buy the most tractor your budget can stand, making as few compromises as posible.Finding a dealer that makes you happy is a big bonus.in my case the green dealer is only 5 min. from me but since I was treated like I was trespassing it was a short visit.I then drove 40+ miles to a orange/blue dealer with a large inventory of both. All the salesmen were busy so I was just wandering around the lot when the owner came out and apologized for keeping me waiting. He took me on a tour of the whole place and showed me the service area, which was very clean and organized.He did not bash any competitors and encouraged me to shop around. Several days later I returned and made my purchase. On the delivery day they called 3 times to apologized for running late. I hope this is an indication of the care I will recieve after the sale. As for the debate on hst I think for the average compact owner with multi-tasks this is the best choice but I would not hide in the bathroom at the Kubota convention because I have gears. The hst can be problematic and costly to repair and there is some debate on their longevity under hard use. The basic L Kubota has the best incidence of repair in the compact line , so there are many plus and minuses on both sides. Reguarding safety all models are equipped with a steering wheel and brakes, the rest is up to the operater. I have seen first hand what the legal profession has tried to do to the firearms industry and would hate for someone reading this forum to infer that when you roll your tractor cutting your 45 degree hillside that they should run to their attorney because the did'nt have hst

/ Buying/Pricing #67  
hydrosta_always,

If you had registered, you would have received a private email explaining why it was pulled.

Here is a <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/site/guidelines.htm>link</A> to the Guidelines. Item 1 under Posting Guidelines regarding behavior that is not allowed.

1. Insulting or deliberately offending other users.

Without the use of an emoticon, how would you have taken the second sentence?

<font color=blue>Ok............if you were uncoordinated on both of them,why did you go with sycro-gear?
You have trouble getting on and off your tractor too?</font color=blue>

If I mis-interpreted your intent, I apologize.

/ Buying/Pricing #68  
I think you're doing a great job Mike as are all of the other moderators. Keep up the good work and thanks for donating your time to keep the garbage off of this site and keep us all on the straight and narrow. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Buying/Pricing #69  
Mike, I agree with Richard (Cowboydoc). Good explanation, too. <font color=blue>If you had registered, you would have received a private email explaining why it was pulled</font color=blue>.

/ Buying/Pricing
Dazed,
I know the Deere's are high priced but have u looked at the new John Deere 4000 ten series and read about the new E hydro sytems they offer....very nice looking set up.......
Hydro always......why go with having to shift gears ....when hydro is so much nicer and easier to operate....well worth the extra $$$$$$$$ I don't care what anyone else says....