Why do dealers want to bake in the cost of turf tires?

/ Why do dealers want to bake in the cost of turf tires? #11  
Here is where I can tell a short story...

when I bought my L3400, the dealer only had R-4's on the lot with the tractors..
So when I said I wanted AG's they had to special order the tires and wheels...

and it took 2 weeks to get the tires in...

NOTE: The dealers in the area do not play well togather.. One dealer had the tires and my dealer would not ask for them for some reason....

BUT it all worked out...

J

Interesting that all things being equal the dealers would not swap between them, maybe too much to keep track of?

/ Why do dealers want to bake in the cost of turf tires? #12  
I think it was politics...
One Dealer was in SC and one was in NC..
40 miles apart..
I personally spoke to the SC Kubota sales manager and he even said there was some kind of issue about the SC/NC part..If both were in SC, it would be no problem.. BUT they would not do it state to state..
I spoke to the NC dealer and they would do it... but the SC dealer would not..
made me wait 2 weeks and someone ordered the wrong tires the first time...

Kinda weird...
J

/ Why do dealers want to bake in the cost of turf tires?
It depends on whether this is an upgrade cost or cost for additional wheels and tires. It would also depend on if this is an ordered new tractor or add ons to an existing tractor on the dealers lot.

If you can be more specific it would help.

This would be ordering new. According to the dealer, he would just be picking it up from a regional distribution point. Here's the breakdown of the list price.

22,055 - MF 1635, Hydro
320 - Set up charge
1,291 - Turf tires
871 - 66" quick attach bucket
449 - Attachment kit
550 - Freight

25,536 - Total, tractor & FEL
3,514 - 72" MMM

23,237 - Sale price, tractor & FEL
3,225 - Sale price, MMM

26,462 - Sale price, tractor, FEL, MMM

He rounded the total price to 26,400 (9% off list) :rolleyes:

Curiously another dealer that had a 1635 on his lot, that I tried out, came up with a sale price of:

23,800 - tractor & FEL
3,200 - 72" MMM

27,000 - Sale price, tractor, FEL, MMM :rolleyes:

/ Why do dealers want to bake in the cost of turf tires? #14  
Don't see the 'sale price' on the second guy's tractor?:confused:
Neither price seems that great considering the freight, prep, tire ad charge, etc.; {keeping in mind I know almost nothing about MF tractors specifically}- but it seems there should be a lot more bargaining room in the final price to the buyer?
I could be way off base here but it strikes me as high.
What hp, etc is the model you're buying?
Are there any financing incentives of 0% financing, etc.?
Are you set on buying this brand model or have you looked at other brands, models, etc?
Not trying to sour you on your choice- far from it- just trying to be the voice of reason regarding what you are being offered by your dealers.:)

/ Why do dealers want to bake in the cost of turf tires? #15  
That might be the "upgrade" price of turf tires over the normal R1's. When I got my R4s that's what it was. I just priced new R1's for my L5030 at over $2k.

/ Why do dealers want to bake in the cost of turf tires?
Don't see the 'sale price' on the second guy's tractor?:confused:
Neither price seems that great considering the freight, prep, tire ad charge, etc.; {keeping in mind I know almost nothing about MF tractors specifically}- but it seems there should be a lot more bargaining room in the final price to the buyer?
I could be way off base here but it strikes me as high.
What hp, etc is the model you're buying?
Are there any financing incentives of 0% financing, etc.?
Are you set on buying this brand model or have you looked at other brands, models, etc?
Not trying to sour you on your choice- far from it- just trying to be the voice of reason regarding what you are being offered by your dealers.:)

I think there's still much bargaining room on these prices. I'm very patient that way and will just keep going back to various dealers until I get what I think is a good price.

These prices are for a MF 1635 (35hp, hydro). The current financing is 0% for 60 months until March 31, 2010.

I'm not married to this brand or model. I've also tried out orange, blue, and Mahindra. I also looked at TYM. I think I'm zeroing in on MF, orange, and blue. I looked at Kioti, but they don't have a cost effective MMM option yet.

/ Why do dealers want to bake in the cost of turf tires? #17  
I think there's still much bargaining room on these prices. I'm very patient that way and will just keep going back to various dealers until I get what I think is a good price.

These prices are for a MF 1635 (35hp, hydro). The current financing is 0% for 60 months until March 31, 2010.

I'm not married to this brand or model. I've also tried out orange, blue, and Mahindra. I also looked at TYM. I think I'm zeroing in on MF, orange, and blue. I looked at Kioti, but they don't have a cost effective MMM option yet.

Are you sure you want a mmm on a 35 HP tractor? These are usually reserved to the 18ish HP and lower models around here. Many things a mmm can keep you from doing like getting in the woods, loading on some trailers, ect. Just something to think over. I really was set on a mmm when I got my current tractor but opted for a 3 point finish mower and now could never see how I would have done what I wanted with one. Even snow plowing with a rear grader blade has gotten a few I know hung up. Of course you can always wrestle it on and off.

Chris

/ Why do dealers want to bake in the cost of turf tires? #18  
Are you sure you want a mmm on a 35 HP tractor? These are usually reserved to the 18ish HP and lower models around here. Many things a mmm can keep you from doing like getting in the woods, loading on some trailers, ect. Just something to think over. I really was set on a mmm when I got my current tractor but opted for a 3 point finish mower and now could never see how I would have done what I wanted with one. Even snow plowing with a rear grader blade has gotten a few I know hung up. Of course you can always wrestle it on and off.

Chris

Amen to that.