Why do dealers want to bake in the cost of turf tires?

/ Why do dealers want to bake in the cost of turf tires? #1  

DC3

Bronze Member
I would think that even though a tractor may have come with R1s, and I wanted R3s, the dealer would just use the R1s for someone elses tractor. Plus, when they want to add the the cost of the R3s in, they make no mention of wanting to keep the R1s. I feel if they want to charge for R3s, they should at least let me have the R1 tires and wheels.

/ Why do dealers want to bake in the cost of turf tires? #2  
It depends on whether this is an upgrade cost or cost for additional wheels and tires. It would also depend on if this is an ordered new tractor or add ons to an existing tractor on the dealers lot.

If you can be more specific it would help.

/ Why do dealers want to bake in the cost of turf tires? #3  
Why? Because the dealers have to order their tractors with tires, and it is a crap shoot to figure out who the next buyer is and what that buyer will want. Extra tires/rims laying around is a big investment on their nickle and dime.
At least that is how I figured it out.
But you can likely order a tractor decked out with the options that you want, and may then have to wait for it, and not get the discount that you expect.
Depends on the size of the dealer too.

/ Why do dealers want to bake in the cost of turf tires? #4  
I haven't noticed too many loose tires and wheels laying around the dealerships. They're probably swapping tires and wheels from one tractor to another. Also, some tire types cost more to manufacture, so it is passed through to the customer.

/ Why do dealers want to bake in the cost of turf tires? #5  
I would be nice if I didn't have to stock any tractors, sell them out of a catalog, ordered the way the customers want them. I could sell them for less that way, but being I have to have them on the lot for people to see, I then have to pass on the cost of the floor plan interest. That is just the way it is.

/ Why do dealers want to bake in the cost of turf tires? #6  
I noticed recently the local Kubota/Mahindra dealer has several sets of new R4 tires listed on Craiglist. Not sure of the story but found it interesting.

/ Why do dealers want to bake in the cost of turf tires? #7  
I noticed recently the local Kubota/Mahindra dealer has several sets of new R4 tires listed on Craiglist. Not sure of the story but found it interesting.

I think the cool look of R4's is wearing off. I know a lot of guys around here got them 5 or so years ago but no the last 5 or so tractors my friends and neighbors have bought have had R1's.

Anyway the turf tires usually need different wheels.

Chris

/ Why do dealers want to bake in the cost of turf tires? #8  

That's simple enough. He got weary of having those wheels & tires for lunch.

/ Why do dealers want to bake in the cost of turf tires? #9  
I do like my r4's for me in rocky soil they are tough as nails they don't tear up my grass and they give me adequate traction when in 4wheel drive they also ride nice on the road

managing inventory has to be a struggle for dealers
Joel

/ Why do dealers want to bake in the cost of turf tires? #10  
Here is where I can tell a short story...

when I bought my L3400, the dealer only had R-4's on the lot with the tractors..
So when I said I wanted AG's they had to special order the tires and wheels...

and it took 2 weeks to get the tires in...

NOTE: The dealers in the area do not play well togather.. One dealer had the tires and my dealer would not ask for them for some reason....

BUT it all worked out...

J