JD / Massey / Kubota Comparison w/prices

/ JD / Massey / Kubota Comparison w/prices #21  
I just got a quote on a MF 1635 with cab and FEL for $26K cash. The dealer raved about the FEL and cab quality, but I have not seen it. This sounds more competitive than I had thought it would be. But MF was so far off my radar, I need to do a lot of research on them.

Also, I could step up to the 1647 for another $2500

I am a sucker for the step-up! :D

/ JD / Massey / Kubota Comparison w/prices #22  
To do an accurate comparison you probably need to post prices without tax since everyones tax will be different. I agree with everyone else the price is to high on the Kubota. I bought a L3940HST with FEL for 22000 in the fall of 08. I would expect a cab to add 5-6K to that price. So for my tractor you should still be under 30K and a 3240 should be even cheaper. I would get a quote from Barlow Equipment - Home of the Kubota Tractor Package Builder that will give you your best price on Kubota and will tell you how bad your dealer is. I would guess your dealer is 5-10K high.

/ JD / Massey / Kubota Comparison w/prices
Also, I could step up to the 1647 for another $2500
Do you mean the 1648? That gets you into a larger chassis, 4cyl vs the 3cyl and 11 more hp. Pretty nice upgrade.
The price I got for the 1648 was 36K Cab & FEL - no tax.

/ JD / Massey / Kubota Comparison w/prices #25  
Brady it out of the office until Sunday but he will treat you right. I know he's not close but without sales tax, I would imagine you would still come out ahead even after delivery. If you do a search on here everyone has good things to say.

/ JD / Massey / Kubota Comparison w/prices #26  
Do you mean the 1648? That gets you into a larger chassis, 4cyl vs the 3cyl and 11 more hp. Pretty nice upgrade.
The price I got for the 1648 was 36K Cab & FEL - no tax.

I was just writing down stuff as the salesman talked- it must be the 1648, as he said it had a larger chasis and 4 cyl. And his cash price of 29,500 is starting to sound pretty sweet.

Any idea of the FEL has that self-leveling feature like the Kioti? I really think that would be very helpful for me.

I was just writing down stuff as the salesman talked- it must be the 1648, as he said it had a larger chasis and 4 cyl. And his cash price of 29,500 is starting to sound pretty sweet.

Any idea of the FEL has that self-leveling feature like the Kioti? I really think that would be very helpful for me.
Wow.. great price sounds like to me based on what I got. I don't think the MF has auto level, is that standard on the Kioti? I would like that too!

What is the rule for buying out of state on the tax?
If I buy in a neighboring state with no sales tax and just use it on private property do I still register and pay the sales tax where I live?

/ JD / Massey / Kubota Comparison w/prices #29  
Wow.. great price sounds like to me based on what I got. I don't think the MF has auto level, is that standard on the Kioti? I would like that too!

Yes, it is standard on the DK35 and 40 I am looking at.

As far as the salesman I talked to- he called it a 1647 with a DL120 bucket - neither of which exist (there is a 1648 and an L120 bucket , the DL is for different numerals)- so I will have to do some confirmations. What model FEL was yours equipped with?

Yes, it is standard on the DK35 and 40 I am looking at.

As far as the salesman I talked to- he called it a 1647 with a DL120 bucket - neither of which exist (there is a 1648 and an L120 bucket , the DL is for different numerals)- so I will have to do some confirmations. What model FEL was yours equipped with?
Maybe it was the 1547, older model but new ones are still around. I didn't know there were different FEL's for same models so didn't specify.