JD / Massey / Kubota Comparison w/prices

/ JD / Massey / Kubota Comparison w/prices #11  
those hrs aren't much. Just make sure the maintenance was done IE service records & receipts. I used that same tractor only open station. I loved it. I really would like that one. That sucker seemed like it had alot of power to me. It felt heavy too. I never checked, but if I could get that with cruise control I would definitely consider that one.

/ JD / Massey / Kubota Comparison w/prices #12  
Matt 400,

Just to give you an idea a brand new 4520 cab with 1100#'s of weights, mid joystick, rear outlets, updated cruise, rear lighting, rear wiper, epto and telescopic links was $34,000 without fel.

/ JD / Massey / Kubota Comparison w/prices #13  
Shop around. Those prices are high, even without the cab.

You might also think about an after market cab.

The Kioti suggestion is a good one. A 35 HP Kioti is under $18K. You can get a 40 or 45 HP cab for that kind of money in a Kioti. Probably true of some other makers as well, like Mahindra, TYM, or Branson.

/ JD / Massey / Kubota Comparison w/prices
Sounds like nobody likes any of the 3 due to sticker shock

/ JD / Massey / Kubota Comparison w/prices #16  
   / JD / Massey / Kubota Comparison w/prices #18  
It looks like you and I are zeroing in on the same type machine - ~35 hp with a cab. While you have been looking at the bigger, established brands, I have been also considering the Kiotis and looking hard at the LS and TYM offerings.

The Kioti seems about $5k less and the LS and TYM maybe $10K less- or a couple of K less and lots more HP.

What I seem to be hearing is that the LS and TYM are quality machines, but the dealer network is pretty weak. Kioti seems to have s olid network set up.

Anyway, I have decided to go ahead and get quotes on the MF and Kubotas, as well and should have those this afternoon.

Just as an FYI- the LS U5020C with 47 HP and cab is about $30.5K. It doesn't have a hydro, but that seems like a heckuva lot of machine for the price. And I am pretty sure LS/LG makes a pretty significant percentage of all the tractors/parts on the current market. Can they get a reliable dealer network set up? That's the scary question to me.

The TYM has a 43 Hp with cab and FEL for about $25K (shuttle shift). But the only dealers I find are over 140 miles away or do not answer the phone.

I have a quote for a Kioti DK35 with cab FEL, shredder and box blade at $28.5 (5k down and 72 mos 0%) or $26.5K cash.

I am awaiting quotes on comparable Kubotas and MFs and will report back what I find, either here or in my "cab and a/c as top priority" thread.

I appreciate all input on the comparative qualities and abilities I realize everything I have listed may be apples and oranges, so its kind of difficult for a noob like me to cipher it all out.

/ JD / Massey / Kubota Comparison w/prices #19  
Just remember the Kioti DK35 is a 38 HP tractor so make sure you get comparables for price comparison. You will see JD, MF or Kubota will not even be in thge same ball park.

I agree with E/S that you generally get what you pay for but sometimes you pay for a lot more than you get!! That seems to be the case with the JD, Kubota, MF and NH tractors.

Also remember when you comp a kubota, it will take a Grand series to compare to a Kioti. There are some trade offs there. The Grand has a newer transmission wich has more features but the Kioti will still be heavier and have a stronger FEL.

/ JD / Massey / Kubota Comparison w/prices #20  
I just got a quote on a MF 1635 with cab and FEL for $26K cash. The dealer raved about the FEL and cab quality, but I have not seen it. This sounds more competitive than I had thought it would be. But MF was so far off my radar, I need to do a lot of research on them.

Also, I could step up to the 1647 for another $2500