LEMONS!

/ LEMONS! #162  
Nick, I had a 84 s-10 brand new, ordered with Diesel and 5 speed. I was one of the most dependable trucks I have ever owned. The clutch did go to slipping at 125k and universals and rear axle went at 169k. But the truck never left me stranded and averaged 33 mpg for most of its life. It really did not like to pull even the lightest trailer. I must have bought one built on Wednesday?

/ LEMONS! #163  
My '83 S-10 with the 2.8 V-6 was the worst vehicle I ever bought and left me stranded more times than I care to think about.

I ordered the thing new and took care of it; so it wasn't some abused POS...it was nothing more than a GM POS that I called the Vega Incarnate amongst other things.

/ LEMONS! #164  
I treated myself to a new German built Stihl ES180 saw to replace my worn out Mexican built Homelite.
The Stihl blew twice, both times I forked out good money for a new piston. Both times the dealer blamed "stale fuel" (stale in his world was anything more than 6 weeks old).
I eventually dug out a Stihl service bulletin which stated some of these saws were incorrectly fitted with the wrong carb jet causing the saw to run lean and fail. The dealer didn't care and wouldn't help. Eventually the Stihl importer paid out for the saw and my repairs. I bought another Mexican Homelite and it goes like a rocket every time without fail.