LEMONS!

/ LEMONS! #141  
I know this thread is mostly about cars,trucks,and tractors but allow me to get this off my chest. About 16 years ago I bought (new) a McCulloch "Timberbear" chainsaw that I would not recommend to anybody even as an anchor for a canoe.:mad:Don't even know if McCulloch still around.
I know other good brands out there but from then on I only buy Stihl's.

Boone

/ LEMONS! #142  
I know this thread is mostly about cars,trucks,and tractors but allow me to get this off my chest. About 16 years ago I bought (new) a McCulloch "Timberbear" chainsaw that I would not recommend to anybody even as an anchor for a canoe.:mad:Don't even know if McCulloch still around.
I know other good brands out there but from then on I only buy Stihl's.

Boone

Boone, I had one of those too, somewhere:laughing: McCullough did go under years ago.

/ LEMONS! #144  
Not a GM fan...and much of my family and friends work for them.

I have an 09 Acadia that I purchased new. So far, I've had the following replaced:

--Power Mirror
--Door Trim panel
--memory seat buttons
--radio
--leather seat (cover)
--battery
--cargo door struts

and the real kicker----the timing belt!

On top of all that, the interior parts rattle like my Subaru does with 110K miles.

I love the way the car looks, drives, and fits my needs...but I cannot tolerate such poor quality.

/ LEMONS! #146  
My complaint about GM isn't because I had problems with my Montana. Problems can happen with any product. However, when GM was unwilling to stand behind their product and act as if having to replace two head gaskets at under 150,000 KM was normal maintenance I got a little ticked. If that is their normal maintenance I cannot afford one or want another. Their attitude was the killer for me.

Had similar experience when wearing the Blue-oval sunglasses back in the day. Heads were leaking on my windbag at under 60K. Engine growled harshly and barely had enough power to pass on the highway. Ford told me to pound sand.
And I had bought 10 F250-F450 trucks (replacing several transmissions in those) from Ford. Was considered a "loyal customer" :laughing:
I still buy Fords. I don't hold grudges like some guys do (but I used to). I find it's more satisfying to forgive and move-on realizing that it's pretty myopic to think just because poor lil ol me got a bad Ford (or 2 or 3 or 4 ;) ) doesn't mean they're all junk.
When you build millions of cars/yr, it's easy to see why some Fords just aren't "built Ford tough".

/ LEMONS! #147  
Not a GM fan...and much of my family and friends work for them.

I have an 09 Acadia that I purchased new. So far, I've had the following replaced:

--Power Mirror
--Door Trim panel
--memory seat buttons
--radio
--leather seat (cover)
--battery
--cargo door struts

and the real kicker----the timing belt!

On top of all that, the interior parts rattle like my Subaru does with 110K miles.

I love the way the car looks, drives, and fits my needs...but I cannot tolerate such poor quality.

Subaru.....:laughing:
Sorry.

/ LEMONS! #149  
Hey, if everything I owned was as reliable as my Subie, I'd be a very happy camper.

Just to show you how there can be lemons in any brand: I have 2 friends that owned subarus. One had a back window leak that the dealer couldn't fix. Car rotted out in 2 years. The other had so many problems with his, he sold it.
I have 160,000 miles on my GMC Sierra and Chevy Tahoe combined and can't be happier. Very few problems. Tahoe had a power seat module fixed under warranty and my Sierra still has original brakes at 75,000 miles. Only problem I had was a carrier bearing went out at 65,000 and I had a brake light come on, but was just an electrical connection. I think the days of piling on US made vehicles for reliability issues are long gone.

/ LEMONS! #150  
The Grandson and I have a new road game we play when travelling.....instead of "Punch-Bug", we now play "One Eyed Chevy". You ever notice how many GM vehicles you meet that have one of the daytime driving lights out? Start taking notice....you will be amazed.