Mahindra 3016

/ Mahindra 3016 #11  
I myself was considering a 3016, but I have a lot less acreage than you do and it's pretty much all flat. My local Mahindra dealer also sells New Holland and Cub Cadet Yanmar, and after test-driving examples of all three makes, I went with a CCY SX3100. For the money, power, size, and weight, the CCY was a better fit for me than the 3016, so if you have a CCY dealer nearby, you might check out the SX3100 or EX3200. Interestingly, my dealer told me the EX3200 and the smaller Sc2450 are their biggest sellers at this time, outselling the NH's and Mahindras by at least 2:1.

/ Mahindra 3016
Perplexed. Thanks for the suggestion although we don't have a Cub dealer here. Only Deere, NewHolland, Kubota, Kioti and now Mahindra that I'm aware of. Havent looked at the Kioti yet. The big three all seem to be big bucks. After reading the forum and talking to the dealer I'm leaning toward the Mahindra 3016 but will have to get the five foot flail instead of the six footer. The 3616 would be nice but that adds another $3k to the already over budget wish list. Hmmmmm.

/ Mahindra 3016
Thanks all for the comments about filling tires. I think I like the advice about trying it without first so that I can feel the difference. Is filling the tires something that can be accomplished as a do it yourself thing? Or is a dealer needed to get it done? Must require a special gizmo, but seems pretty DIY-ish.

/ Mahindra 3016
MtnViewRanch. What is it that Tim-The- Toolman always says? "More power!!" I've always been one who agrees with that philosophy too. I think you're right I'd be happier with the 3616 if I were using a six foot flail. But will I be just as happy with the 3016 and a five foot flail? All else considered it seems that there will be enough power with the 3016 if I use the smaller mower. Do you agree?

/ Mahindra 3016 #15  
MtnViewRanch. What is it that Tim-The- Toolman always says? "More power!!" I've always been one who agrees with that philosophy too. I think you're right I'd be happier with the 3616 if I were using a six foot flail. But will I be just as happy with the 3016 and a five foot flail? All else considered it seems that there will be enough power with the 3016 if I use the smaller mower. Do you agree?

The 3016 and a 5 foot mower should be fine. I understand the over budget thing, but if by chance you are financing, how much more a month would it cost so that you would be able to use that 6 foot? That is a 20% jump in mowing width which equals 20% less time spent mowing. It sounds like fun right now, but after hours on in of mowing you sure wish that you could get done faster.

Just a thought, otherwise the 3016 will workout fine as long as you have the proper size implements for it.

Good luck with your decision and be sure to post pictures once you get your new equipment. :thumbsup:

/ Mahindra 3016
Not financing. I prefer to not go into debt to buy things that depreciate. Keeps the stress and blood pressure lower. Good thinking about the 20 percent more cutting width equals less time mowing. I'll be giving serious thought to spending a little bit more for more power. Wonder what the wife is going to say about that?

/ Mahindra 3016 #17  
Not financing. I prefer to not go into debt to buy things that depreciate. Keeps the stress and blood pressure lower. Good thinking about the 20 percent more cutting width equals less time mowing. I'll be giving serious thought to spending a little bit more for more power. Wonder what the wife is going to say about that?

Just tell her that it will give you more time to spend with her. Orrrrrrrrrrrr do you actually want a 4 foot mower? :laughing:

/ Mahindra 3016 #18  
Here's some hp info for various size flail mowers. The power refers to pto hp, not engine hp.

EFG175 68? Flail Mower - Value Leader Implements

I bought one of these EFG175 flails last Aug. Use it 3 times so far on my 6 acre hayfield. No problems with the mower. The grease zerk on the main axle belt pulley is loose and can't be tightened sufficiently (stripped threads is my guess). I'll fix this before I use the mower again.

/ Mahindra 3016
I just want to thank everybody who replied to my questions. Today I made my purchase decision and ordered the new tractor and attachments. I'm going with all new equipment. A Mahindra 3016 30hp (23hp PTO), skid steer loader, Mahindra backhoe, Caroni TM 1600 BSC flail mower, and top/tilt hydraulics plus a spare remote. The box scraper and auger will get purchased later. The TBM forum was most helpful in guiding my thinking. Cheers.

/ Mahindra 3016 #20  
Congrats.

A lot of good equipment in that package.

I'm sure you will enjoy the work it performs.:thumbsup: