Mahindra 3016

/ Mahindra 3016 #41  
I just bought a Mahindra 3016 and so far, I think it was a very wise decision on my part. I'll mainly be using it for my garden. Tilling and hauling compost mostly but it might get the occasionial ligh construction work as well. I'll be using it this summer to dig out my grandmothers ponds when they dry up as well. So far, it certainly feels like a beast and the controls are impressive.

/ Mahindra 3016 #42  
I just bought a Mahindra 3016 and so far, I think it was a very wise decision on my part. I'll mainly be using it for my garden. Tilling and hauling compost mostly but it might get the occasionial ligh construction work as well. I'll be using it this summer to dig out my grandmothers ponds when they dry up as well. So far, it certainly feels like a beast and the controls are impressive.

They are very nice tractors with plenty of power. :thumbsup: If you find that you are having to work a little bit to load your bucket, you might want to fill your tires with some liquid. I know that it was a day and night difference with my 3215 HST. ;)

/ Mahindra 3016 #43  
What kind of liquid should I use? I don't really want to use corrosive stuff but I don't exactly know what the best substitute would be. I haven't used the bucket for much yet except to help tear down a shed that collapsed on top of my buddies tractor due to snow accumulation. Speaking of which, anyone who doesn't know, go to Home Depot or Harbor Freight and buy a grab hook for a chain and weld it to the top of your bucket. Its cheap and a very useful tool that will come in handy for lifting or pulling anything attached to a chain. Need to lift an engine block?

/ Mahindra 3016 #44  
What kind of liquid should I use? I don't really want to use corrosive stuff but I don't exactly know what the best substitute would be. I haven't used the bucket for much yet except to help tear down a shed that collapsed on top of my buddies tractor due to snow accumulation. Speaking of which, anyone who doesn't know, go to Home Depot or Harbor Freight and buy a grab hook for a chain and weld it to the top of your bucket. Its cheap and a very useful tool that will come in handy for lifting or pulling anything attached to a chain. Need to lift an engine block?
Here is where you can read up on filling tires: tractor tire additives - Google Search

When you get to digging the pond, consider buying a tooth bar. Mine turns my bucket into a powerful spading fork to loosen the soil more easily. The tooth bar is also great where large rocks are involved. I highly recommend one.

/ Mahindra 3016 #45  
IMAG0211.jpgIMAG0210.jpg
Loving the **** out of it. Putting it to work already.

/ Mahindra 3016 #46  
Hello all,

I have had my 3016 for almost 4 years. It was a package deal with front loader, rotary tiller, 8" post hole digger and 5' bush hog.

The tractor has surpassed my expectations. I love it and it has has been worked very hard skidding trees out of the woods for my friends firewood cutting business. I have even fabricated a front bumper and installed a 8k winch to support our work. The frontend loader is perfect and will never own another tractor without one.

Some minor complaints

1. Plastic around the shifting lever broke quickly'does not effect operation
2. Plastic around the 3point hitch lever cracked so the fixed adjustment has to be manipulated carefully to keep the implement at the proper height.
3. Shifting from 1,2,3 and 4 gears has to be somewhat precise or the shifting dog will bind. Its an easy fix once it happens with a screw driver.
4. The rear locking differential has had to be adjusted twice because it would not fully engage. I improvised this with a blinding up the detention with my welder.

All these problems were easy to overcome mostly because everything works great. I still give the tractor a 4.7 out of 5 rating.

Hope this helps future buyers.

Ben

/ Mahindra 3016 #47  
Congrats to you they are great machines!
3016lift2.jpg