John Deere 4110 or New Holland TC 24

/ John Deere 4110 or New Holland TC 24 #31  
JDGreen,

Yes, your right on the 4x10 series. but the 41xx series it did not. Alls we were saying was when comparing the NH versus the JD was that in the previous models that was a problem but we weren't sure on the new series.

Murph

/ John Deere 4110 or New Holland TC 24 #32  
LAGeorge,

You got your self one nice looking rig there. Take care of it and you will have fun. I had some pictures of my tractor on here someplace, but I should post again.

Murph

/ John Deere 4110 or New Holland TC 24 #33  
<font color="blue">the mower drops with the 3 point hitch. </font>

The 4100 may be different, but your neighbor with the 955 can lock his MMM in the raised position and then use a 3ph implement. He probably just doesn't know it.

Attached is a page from the mower operators manual (same for my 855 as his 955). The NOTE says the deck can be locked in the raised position for 3ph use, and instructions #7&8 tell you how to do it.

The operators hand in the illustration is on the control that will adjust the mower to the up locked position. It is on the floorboard between the footrests. The control adjusts the lowest point the mower deck will go to when you move the rockshaft lever all the way forward. It is basically as if you adjust your mower to leave your lawn cut very tall. It has no effect on the 3ph.

You'll surprise him knowing something about his tractor that he doesn't.

OkieG

Attachments

• 234122-mower2.jpg
    234122-mower2.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 288
   / John Deere 4110 or New Holland TC 24 #34  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Does the new loader work better than the old one? )</font>
I honestly don't know about capacities, etc. But the loader arms are MUCH lower than the 7308 loader and should really help you visibility with the curvature following the shape of the hood.

Mark

/ John Deere 4110 or New Holland TC 24 #35  
OkieG,

You may very well be right on the 955. When I was looking I did ask the dealer about the 4100 and he told me you couldn't use the 3 point with the mower in place. Another person here said you could buy a lift kit for the 4100 but the dealer did not tell me of that when I inquired. My other neighbor has a 4100 and he can not use the 3 point with the mmm in place.

When us three guys when talking at the fence post this topic came up and the guy with the 955 said he couldn't use his either. So that is only what I was going by. I did not do any research on it any further.

Murph

/ John Deere 4110 or New Holland TC 24 #36  
You must install a "kit" on the 4110 to allow use of 3 pt, hitch with the MMM on . I don't remember but I think it was around $78 bucks... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ John Deere 4110 or New Holland TC 24 #37  
A thing of beauty!!! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ John Deere 4110 or New Holland TC 24 #38  
Congratulations. Nice machine

<font color="blue">Does the new loader work better than the old one? </font>

Higher lift height
Higher lift capacity
Looks waaay cooler!

I'd say it "works better" Timing is everything, when I bought my tractor they didn't have the TC24 or 12LA. I couldn't justify $2K to get the 21 vs the 18, but for $3500 I think the extra 6 HP & the new loader design would have been worth it. I guess in 30 years when I wear mine out, I can go shopping again!

/ John Deere 4110 or New Holland TC 24
Hello everyone, here are some pictures of our New Holland TC24D. We have over 50 hours on the clock and the tractor continues to be the best tool we have ever purchased! Attached please find a picture of my better half at the wheel of the new tractor.
Thanks to everyone who posted on this board it really aided in my decision to go with the New Holland. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

George

Attachments

• 243967-NHTC24DJCR1.jpg
    243967-NHTC24DJCR1.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 1,374
   / John Deere 4110 or New Holland TC 24
Another photo, moving some light mulch (no box spreader) but filled tires so she was safe.

Attachments

• 243979-NHTC24DJCR2.jpg
    243979-NHTC24DJCR2.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 423