John Deere 4110 or New Holland TC 24

/ John Deere 4110 or New Holland TC 24 #11  
Both are great tractors, if you like the dealer better go New Holland (That's why I bought one).

FYI if you were to compare apples to apples price-wise the TC21D is comprable to the 4110 & the TC24D is comprable to the 4115. Sounds like the New Holland is a better deal 24 HP for the price of 20!

/ John Deere 4110 or New Holland TC 24 #12  
I have a JD 4115 (FEL, 54 blade, 48 tiller, and 60"MMM with R4 tires). I am extremely happy with the tractor and its capabilities for my 25 acres of varying terrain. I do have the latch kit and I do keep the MMM on while I'm tilling or mowing. No matter which you buy make sure you are pleased with the service the dealer can provide, that is the most important issues at hand (A lousy dealer can give a good tractor a bad name). I would suggest meeting the service department and talk to other people who use them.
My JD dealer is over 75 miles away ( I have a NH dealer 10 minutes and two other JD dealers within 1/2 hour). The dealer the furthest away proved to be the best of the lot and so far It has come in very handy when I have had some problems (free pick-up, mobile service and a loaner if needed). Remember it your hard earned money, and your the customer. Good Luck

/ John Deere 4110 or New Holland TC 24 #13  
Murph, I can't answer you about why no one told you about the kit. I know that I bought one from JD for $75 and it is on my machine now and working well. Murph I don't mean to start an argument and I'm sure that you know your machine, but I'm skeptical that a TC29 has a cat 2 3PH. Those are reserved for utility and small AG sized tractors (generally 40-50 HP and larger).

/ John Deere 4110 or New Holland TC 24 #14  
joutz,

I am sure I spoke wrong. I was on the understanding I had a class 11 hitch. I have it written in the manual from the dealer as a class 11, but I think that is suppose to mean the tractor is a class11 for New Holland. I believe the hitch is a 1. That is something when I get some time or I am at the dealers place I will get straightened out. I do know the hitch is much larger on the 29 over the 21 I had.

Murph

Oh yes don't feel like your starting an argument. I am new to CUT's and have a lot to learn. I would rather learn then to go on saying things that are wrong. So any advice I will take.

/ John Deere 4110 or New Holland TC 24
Thank you everyone on the discussion board for the great advice you have provided me.
I decided to go with the New Holland TC 24D with R4 tires, hydrostatic transmission, 54-inch heavy duty? Bucket, 53 inch Gilmore box scraper with Hydraulic kit and 12LA loader.

See attached (large) photo

I should be getting the tractor just in time to clean up the mess the weather “El Nino” should make next week, I wish I had it now but it needs the box scraper.

I decided on the New Holland TC 24D over the John Deere 4110 due to the dealer’s location and the fact that the 4110 is taller (ROP) and wider with R4 tires. Other reasons are listed below.
- No backhoe option
- No John Deere post hole digger recommended
- Seat felt a bit awkward after some seat time (I am 6,4)
- More horsepower on the TC 24D
- Steering is not as nibble with loader
- The TC 24D is also heaver (hopefully more stable on terraces)
- Price was the same for both units (JD dealer did knock off an additional $500 in the end)

In the end both units are good but you have to choose so I guess blue is for me. My wife would have preferred Jon Deere Green and Yellow since she says that is all she has ever know and blue looks a little odd. I think it is better on the eyes and I am starting to have a problem with seeing John Deere’s at Home Depot. I guess soon where there was 2 dealers in the Los Angeles area there will be none.

Once again thank you everyone it has been an informative 5 months and can hardly wait to strut my new BLUE tractor around town! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
It is a very small town 4 miles wide

Attachments

• 233844-Blue Tractor.jpg
    233844-Blue Tractor.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 5,676
   / John Deere 4110 or New Holland TC 24 #17  
LAGeorge,

I think you made the right decision. Don't get me wrong, the John Deere tractor is a good one, but when your getting more horsepower for the same price it is hard to not to think some. I ran into the same thing when buying mine. Horsepower for horsepower blue was a 1,000,00 less. The green paint is expensive.

The larger framed tractor will also make you feel more comfortable on the hills. My first tractor was the TC21D and I just wasn't happy with it, bit the bullet and got a TC29D and there is no comparison.

Anyway I can't get your picture for some reason. You may want to repost it.

Good luck and if you get some extra snow please send it my way as we have none this year yet. My wife is starting to think I am crazy because I can only go out and just talk to my tractor.

Murph

/ John Deere 4110 or New Holland TC 24
Opps, picture works now.

Thank you very much but your tractor is the bomb! (good) but it is way to big for my needs and parcel. And in Los Angeles it is not snow but mud, lots of it. I wanted the tractor to grade the problem areas in time for the rain. I will have to cross my fingers and hope the slopes and the trees will stay in place just one more week.

/ John Deere 4110 or New Holland TC 24 #19  
I had to go <font color="blue"> BLUE </font> after owning Kukota
and demoing a Deere for 2 weeks.
The 35D is larger and got 1' more mower than 4410 Deere.
Also 35D was $6000.00 cheaper than the 4410
Deere helped a lot too.
U should really like your new tractor.
Looks GOOD.

/ John Deere 4110 or New Holland TC 24 #20  
<font color="blue"> 3 point hitchs becomes worthless when the mid mower is on. </font> They do??

<font color="blue"> I complained to two dealers about the 3 point and the mid mower mount, both of them did not have an answer for me.</font> Hmmm.

With MMM installed, raise it all the way up with the 3ph control handle. Then, crank the grass cutting height adjuster up as high as it will go. When you lower the 3ph back down, the MMM will drop an inch or so, but will stay up high and mostly tucked out of the way. The 3ph then has full range of motion, while the MMM deck stays up.

That is how my owners manual suggests keeping the MMM from interfering with 3ph activities. Does that not work on the newer Deeres? If the latch kit pins the deck at the very top of it's full up position, you may gain an inch or two over the height adjuster method. My tractor is about 5 years old, but a couple models back from current offerings.

OkieG