Buying Advice Kubota GL3240 vs. Kubota B3300SU vs. Deere 3320

/ Kubota GL3240 vs. Kubota B3300SU vs. Deere 3320 #41  
UPDATE: The M6040 is working well. In the beginning, I thought it might be a little too much tractor, but it doesnt seem that way anymore. At my first running hours, The driveway is done, I've moved about 200-tons of dirt in landscaping the property, moved and stacked ~100 tons of logs, and loaded and unloaded the upper level of the little barn with the forks. Now that she's broken in, I can really get working.

Now, I'm shopping for a post hole digger and later in the summer will be digging out a small (1/3 to 1/2 acre-foot) pond out back (with the FEL).

Are you mucking out an existing pond or digging a new one?

/ Kubota GL3240 vs. Kubota B3300SU vs. Deere 3320
Are you mucking out an existing pond or digging a new one?

I'll be digging a new one. It is the low point in the property, roughly 3/4 of the way back from the highway. Currently, there is a creek (dry in the summer) running through it. Although the property slopes, on average 10% back from the highway, it is somewhat concave, resulting in poor drainage and very soggy soil. I'd like to remove enough soil for the pond to use for making the grade convex (starting with a 5% grade at the road).

The I'm thinking 1/3 to 1/2 acre-feet based conservatively on the size of the drainage area (which is roughly 12-18 acres). I could make the pond bigger if I wanted, but this is a small property and I've never done a pond before. Starting small with this sort of thing and keeping my mistakes small has worked so far.

/ Kubota GL3240 vs. Kubota B3300SU vs. Deere 3320 #43  
I'll be digging a new one. It is the low point in the property, roughly 3/4 of the way back from the highway. Currently, there is a creek (dry in the summer) running through it. Although the property slopes, on average 10% back from the highway, it is somewhat concave, resulting in poor drainage and very soggy soil. I'd like to remove enough soil for the pond to use for making the grade convex (starting with a 5% grade at the road).

The I'm thinking 1/3 to 1/2 acre-feet based conservatively on the size of the drainage area (which is roughly 12-18 acres). I could make the pond bigger if I wanted, but this is a small property and I've never done a pond before. Starting small with this sort of thing and keeping my mistakes small has worked so far.

Go to this forum and check some of threads out as other members have built ponds. We had someone come in with dozers.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/projects/