need some un-biased buying advice

/ need some un-biased buying advice #11  
i sat on the dk45 and 55 but the tractor is a monster. i think a little too much for what i need. absolutely they are awesome machines though. let me ask are you satisfied with your overall Kioti experience? tough to find much on them around here, but they look pretty rugged from what i saw of them.

ive only run the DK45, so i cant comment about the smaller units. But i AM more than satisfied so far. Mind you i only have about 250 hours on it so far.

but it is one rugged beast of a machine.

My older JD 870 was only 28 HP and was puny in comparison. it could only lift 900# with a rear ballast box and filled tires. the new one has officially lifted 2,700# as they promised.

I have 30 acres and 2-1/2 miles of private roads to maintain in the winter, so it works out fine. Im a big boy so i needed a large platform to work from and feel comfortable.

/ need some un-biased buying advice #12  
Welcome to the forum.

I'd suggest looking at the reviews section of this forum as well. The 25-50 HP section for each make/manufacturer will give you an idea how some of the folks here have rated their tractors, and most will give an idea what they've been using it for in their description.

Good luck with your search, don't overlook MF, they make a stout compact tractor for the price.

/ need some un-biased buying advice #13  
You might want to check around to see if any of your Kioti dealers can still get a DK35. (It was discontinued but it still is on their web site.) Sometimes they can even get them from other dealers. I just picked up one with a Cab for $22,700. I live about 7 miles from Lake O and know what you mean about the snow.

As a side note, a rear blower with a open station tractor for some reason tends to blow the snow right down the back of your neck. If you are young it should only take an hour or two for the pain in your neck to go away from turning your head while driving in reverse. I'm so old it wouldn't go away until May. Plus I was wearing so many clothes I COULDN'T turn my head without straining something. On the positive side you will pick up the "Clint Eastwood squint" that's so popular with the ladies because you are constantly looking into that howling wind. Think ski goggles.

Attachments

• DK35.jpg
    DK35.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 86
   / need some un-biased buying advice #14  
Make sure that you get a rear remote so that you can use hydraulic turn on the blower! It saves a lot on the back, neck and time and once you get the pattern figured out you don't need to look back all the time!

You wind normally will come out of the west so if your drive lays north south hopefully you can just blow to the east and not worry about it.

Some people tend to talk weight all the time with a tractor and if you check the posts around often weight isn't all it's cracked up to be. Figure out all your jobs and the amount of time the tractor will be doing them. Buy the tractor set up for what you will spend most of the time doing!

/ need some un-biased buying advice
well now im really confused. just tested a kubota l3200 hydro and loved it. asked about l3200 gear and it doesnt have a live pto! shame on you kubota! anyways not sure if its the color or what but got it narrowed down to kubota l3200 or kioti ds3510. is 18,600 a good price for the l3200 with loader? or can get kioti ds3510 for 16500 with bucket.

/ need some un-biased buying advice #16  
Chase.

Kubota or Kioti will serve you well, but several things.

1) HST - unless you are doing a lot of one directional operations I would strongly suggest HST. That means the Kubota L3200HST or the DK35 HST or DK45

2) Cab - you are in the snow belt right off LO - get a cab if you can afford it - the DK45 has a nice cab and so do the Kubota models

3) Attachments - shop and price the attachments you want/need with the tractor - dealers make less % on the bigger tractors and more on implements typically so buy them together and finance the whole lot at one time.

Sorta trying to say, put all your wishes together and get what you want now - it might cost you a few more $ but in the long term less than getting something and wanting to trade in 3-4 years.

Happy tractor shopping,

Carl

/ need some un-biased buying advice #17  
I believe the L3200 gear has a hydraulic independent pto; one step above a live pto. I don't think that price would be good around here, but in CAN, who knows. I was pretty even on Kioti/Kubota. Wound up with Kubota based on better financing and better offer on my trade-in. In the long run the Kubota was actually cheaper in my case.

/ need some un-biased buying advice #19  
well now im really confused. just tested a kubota l3200 hydro and loved it. asked about l3200 gear and it doesnt have a live pto! shame on you kubota! anyways not sure if its the color or what but got it narrowed down to kubota l3200 or kioti ds3510. is 18,600 a good price for the l3200 with loader? or can get kioti ds3510 for 16500 with bucket.

L3800 gear has live PTO and is the same size tractor as the L3200, but more HP.
I love mine!

Kioti makes a good rig, but I've been running Kubotas close to 30 years and they've done me very well.

Good luck!

/ need some un-biased buying advice #20  
If you are going to be snow blowing, you are going to want the hydro for sure. Dont forget the Kioti DK line can have a front pto also it is an option, but it can have it, and the L3200 l3800 cannot. the DK line is really more like the Kubota Grand L line, as far as features, they are just a little cheaper than the Grand L usually.. although ddb123 made a great deal on his Grand L. so check them all out. but think about the front pto and a front blower. there is one remote standard on all of the DK line.. as you can see I have a DK35 bought about 2 months ago.. and only have 65 hours, on it, but I love it. I swapped a Kubota L3400HST for it. More power, more lift more luxury, more features than the standard Kubota. Again you need to compare the DK line to the Grand L line. and the Kioti CK line to the standard L line in Kubota. A DK40HST is a great value in my opinion, but I am biased. I know this, if I was going to blow much snow I would have a cab.. even if I had to sell a gun, or a dog, or whatever to get it. By the way a Grand L can also have a front PTO for a front blower. Good luck on whatever you choose, I think either the Kubota or the Kioti would serve you well, and you should also look at other brands, before you buy.. come back often and ask many questions, I sure will try to help..and many others will too.. good luck

James K0UA