2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value?

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #181  
I think I would go with R4 industrials for your mixed bag of work. Hope it all works out for you and soon because were getting close to 200 posts, we need to see some pics.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value?
I had asked the question a bit earlier about remotes, and James was nice enough to explain two types of add on remote. I thought before I give the go-ahead to the dealer, I'd ask again, this time on the number of remotes.

I'll be using the FEL mostly, and would hope to get an angle blade for the back, to level dirt and gravel. Aside from that, I'm considering any implement that I may use either in the near or distant future. I'm pretty intent on getting the dealer to add a remote. Would I need to add 2 remotes for any of the following?
Grapple, front plow, or stump grinder?

Also, I know getting stuff up front is a better bargain than later so I may have him throw a couple items in the financing. I have hard ground with small rocks and some small roots in it and would like to prep around a quarter acre of it for planting. I think they call that primary tillage? Would I buy a moldboard plow, subsoiler, middlebuster, or disc harrow for that?

Can't wait to start my projects!
Doc

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #183  
You may need 2 or more for a stump grinder. For running a grapple or Front plow 1 is all you need. I don't know how mnay stumps you have to grind but a gas powered one from a rental company may be the way to go. A 3ph stump grinder is like $4k.

You may need 2 or more for a stump grinder. For running a grapple or Front plow 1 is all you need. I don't know how mnay stumps you have to grind but a gas powered one from a rental company may be the way to go. A 3ph stump grinder is like $4k.

Wow..that's pricey. I've got maybe 25 stumps, of average diameter of 16". Got a quote from a local for $3000 to take up 15 of them with a backhoe. Thought I'd rather own it in the end at that pice. Maybe renting is better still. As for remote, I think James said the switch can be placed on the joystick, and the hose run both forwards and backwards to effectively service both front or rear attachments? If so, I think I'll just add one.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #185  
I reneted one that you work all by hand for $150 for a weekend, I took out 40 or 50 stumps with it. I should have got the larger all hydraulic one.

The switch james is talking about on the joy stick is a 3rd function. If you get a 3rd function I recommend get flat face couplers so you can rent skid steer equipment and it will work.
http://www.(Temporarily blocked due to reports of company closure)/3rd-Function-kit-p/tra-3rd-funcl.htm

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #186  
Get two remotes with controls.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #187  
I forgot add that you could use a 3rd function to run stuff on the rear you would have to run hoses from the middle of the tractor to the back. That may be as expensive as a remote on some tractors.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #188  
I would buy the maximum number of remotes available. Most small tractors will have two rear remotes available and two front for the fel. When you think about it the rear angle blade can use more than most implements, for full hydraulic operation you need tilt side to side, angle for blade pivoting, offset swing, and top link. So up to four remotes for a rear blade, you problably won't have all those functions but you get the idea the more you can get the better off you will be. Most require two rear remotes for decent functionality. For a grappel you need three circuits, I have the joystick switch and that is handy but you could tee into one of the rear remotes if that is the best you can do. When not using the grappel you could unplug it from the circuit and still use the rear circuit or vise versa.

The short of it is get all that the tractor of choice has to offer.

Boomer 30 HST with SSQA FEL being prepped for me. I was told the sales manager lives up the road from me and rides the trail that cross the edge of my camp. Small world! lol. Anyway, Remotes cost $750 give or take.. and he recommends adding only one in the rear for now in case I use a log splitter, etc. A grapple could be run off it if need be or I could add another front remote as well. If I need more, they'll cart my ride back to the shop and install later at the same price. As for the $17,475 quote. That's for loaded rears, SSQA option, delivered. The price was so close to their margin, he all but turned the deal down when I pressed him for a hundred more and noted he was just trying to beat the other guy's offer but making very little on the tractor aside from future service and implements. He did agree to give me an accessory or two, whatever that might mean. Baseball cap? Bumper sticker? boomer.jpg

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #190  
Good luck with the new tractor.