2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value?

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #171  
The CK35 has a bigger HST pump and motor (28 vs 23cc/rev) and it runs a higher
HST relief pressure, 4270 vs. 3980 psi. So the CK35 makes use of that extra power.
I would have paid the extra $ for the 35 if it was available when I bought my CK30s
back in 05.
I thought the hydros were different that the other CK's. I read that on here and a I asked a mechanic and he said it was different but I could not find the thread where it was being discussed.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #172  
I think this is the longest thread I have ever read and the OP still hasnt sat on a tractor yet.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #173  
Gary Fowler said:
I think this is the longest thread I have ever read and the OP still hasnt sat on a tractor yet.

That's what makes it the thriller it is... SUSPENSE!

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #174  

Wow- Now that brings up a thought. Perhaps we could have a contest - kinda like the 3 millionth post- that guesses when an actual tractor test drive occurs!!!

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #175  
I thought he had driven some tractors. I know he has not been on a Mahindra.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #176  
I thought the hydros were different that the other CK's. I read
that on here and a I asked a mechanic and he said it was different but I could not find the
thread where it was being discussed.

There were a couple of TBN threads about the HST differences, but very little was posted
about the CK35 specs. I recently found the volume differences in the CK35 service manual.
I had hoped to get someone to post specs on it and the Bobcat equivalent, CT235.

Supposedly, the Bobcat service manual is much different....better, I hope.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value?
I must say, both the CK30 and Boomer 30 felt very, very similar. Similar layout, size, curved loader arms, position of joystick control. The conveniences were the same too. Cup holder in slightly different place, lol. Not sure about the HST pedal. Felt odd moving same pedal forward and reverse. Despite touting the "superb visibility" that comes with the downward curved Boomer arms, the Kioti's were curved as well, and had slightly better visibility when lifting the bucket. The Kioti's arms were stabilized by a large bar between the two arms, located just forward of the steering wheel. Boomer lacked that. Significant? Who knows..just one of the few slight differences I noticed. Ah, also the NH had a cushy seat cover and really sank when I sat on it.. Anyway.. feel of the two? The Boomer felt just slightly more substantial. Kioti's knobs, looking a bit worn already just from being on the lot, were slightly smaller. I felt as though the rear wheels on the NH were a hair larger but not sure. Independent PTO was a great plus. Last but not least, The NH dealer was just 17 miles from my camp that beat the original price by a couple hundred and came well recommended by neighbors. Kioti is 45 miles but I'd be dealing with the owner himself, not the salesman. Not huge, but when I need to trailer it back for service, it counts. NH with it's 2 gross HP less, had the same PTO power, slightly more 3PH lift. Ironically, on the trip back from camp, we passed highway construction and noticed a fleet of shiny blue New Hollands. Not the same as the Boomer, I know, but nice to see the brand everywhere.

Never did see the Mahindras in person, but they lacked a few of the things that I felt would be important to me and are a bit far from my place.

Tough call, but looks like I'm going with the NH. Unless, of course, the first dealer pitches a better ball on the Kioti 35. What a tough choice.

Doc

Last edited:
   / 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value?
Gonna be doing mostly dirt road repairs, skidding some logs, running gravel in the bucket, and making the ground ready for planting. Really like the wide beefy look of the industrial tires most of my neighbors run here. The Ags looked skinny. On dry well packed grass, like a field, will the Ag's tear up the lawn? I'd prefer traction, but don't want to rip up the roads and grass everywhere I go. I'm thinking the industrials might be a good compromise.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #179  
Gonna be doing mostly dirt road repairs, skidding some logs, running gravel in the bucket, and making the ground ready for planting. Really like the wide beefy look of the industrial tires most of my neighbors run here. The Ags looked skinny. On dry well packed grass, like a field, will the Ag's tear up the lawn? I'd prefer traction, but don't want to rip up the roads and grass everywhere I go. I'm thinking the industrials might be a good compromise.

They are. for Max traction especially in mud, the Ags are best.. but If you are in the least worried about tearing up grass.. go with Industrials.. Most of us do. I have had Ags, and they are best in mud and soft earth,, Industrial are best for loader work, they are stronger, and wider, and more puncture resistant, and while not as good on "turf" as turf.. they are far better than Ag's

James K0UA

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #180  
R4's are more snag resistant, so if you are using it in the woods they would be best. Industrials are more stable. I have r4's on the bobcat and never got stuck. The r'4s will allow for more flotation over mud too.