2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value?

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value?
You could have a pole building built for it.

Great idea. At 8ft on center, I'd only need 6 posts for 8ft width and 16ft depth. That puts me under minimum size for permit and without concrete footings, no tax assessment either. I wish I had the auger for my tractor now so I could drop the posts in a snap!

Of course, someone should make a nylon canvas that rolls up onto the ROPS. Pull the velcro and let the sides down. Velcro the corners together. Instant tractor cover. :D

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #264  
Great idea. At 8ft on center, I'd only need 6 posts for 8ft width and 16ft depth. That puts me under minimum size for permit and without concrete footings, no tax assessment either. I wish I had the auger for my tractor now so I could drop the posts in a snap!

Of course, someone should make a nylon canvas that rolls up onto the ROPS. Pull the velcro and let the sides down. Velcro the corners together. Instant tractor cover. :D

You could rent a post hole digger for the weekend, your dealer may do rentals.

Already putting her to good use filling a trench.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121007_193838.png
    ForumRunner_20121007_193838.png
    574.6 KB · Views: 251
  • ForumRunner_20121007_194011.png
    ForumRunner_20121007_194011.png
    633.1 KB · Views: 304
   / 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #266  
Already putting her to good use filling a trench.

She sure is a beauty.. and you look mighty happy! Please remember to always move with the bucket low (top of the bucket below the top of the hood).. That will keep that dirt off of the hood, and the shiny side of the tractor up:thumbsup: Good luck and congratulations on your beautiful new tractor!

James K0UA

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #267  
Congrats on the tractor. I'm glad to see it has already been put to work.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #268  
Congratulations on the new Boomer, Lord knows you did your homework.

Thanks guys! I'm glad I didn't go with a SubCUT. The 30 looked so big in the showroom but the woods make it seem rather small. Lifting log ends and rocks, I can feel her limits already. An interesting note. Four hours on the tractor and I had already filled in a long ditch, cleared debris from a woodpile and planed a bit of rutted driveway. I'm pushing a log deep in the woods and suddenly she stalls. Can't start her again. Doesn't turn over or click. ****! I shot a txt to the salesman, Ron, over at Springer's in St. Johnsville for advice. 30 minutes later, he's on his way over to see if he can help. This, mind you, at dusk, 2 miles off the highway, on a raining Saturday night! Talk about service. Anyway, he checks everything to no avail.

Fast forward to Monday to 8am. He and a mechanic found their way back in to the camp, (with an accidental visit to the only other camp in the woods). 20 minutes later the problem was solved. I had offered to tow it out to the main road but they said there's no place they can't get to. Anyway, seems the butt end of one of the logs laying in the woodpile must have flipped up under the front wheel, spearing back a steel bracket. That caused the HST pedal safety relay to bend and show it as being in gear, thus, it wouldn't start. I'll need to be more mindful of vulnerable spots in the undercarriage. The larger lesson here for me, and perhaps all future owners sharing my ignorance, is that buying locally from a good dealer is critical. Could be you'd never need them. Could be, like me, you need them badly. What would I have done, way up in the woods with 4000lbs of dead tractor? Not much.

Very happy with the dealership. Very happy with the tractor. So a big thanks to all you guys here for being good coaches. Box blade should be here tomorrow. Tooth bar and multipurpose spade on order.

Best,
Doc

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #270  
BoonDoc said:
Thanks guys! I'm glad I didn't go with a SubCUT. The 30 looked so big in the showroom but the woods make it seem rather small. Lifting log ends and rocks, I can feel her limits already. An interesting note. Four hours on the tractor and I had already filled in a long ditch, cleared debris from a woodpile and planed a bit of rutted driveway. I'm pushing a log deep in the woods and suddenly she stalls. Can't start her again. Doesn't turn over or click. ****! I shot a txt to the salesman, Ron, over at Springer's in St. Johnsville for advice. 30 minutes later, he's on his way over to see if he can help. This, mind you, at dusk, 2 miles off the highway, on a raining Saturday night! Talk about service. Anyway, he checks everything to no avail.

Fast forward to Monday to 8am. He and a mechanic found their way back in to the camp, (with an accidental visit to the only other camp in the woods). 20 minutes later the problem was solved. I had offered to tow it out to the main road but they said there's no place they can't get to. Anyway, seems the butt end of one of the logs laying in the woodpile must have flipped up under the front wheel, spearing back a steel bracket. That caused the HST pedal safety relay to bend and show it as being in gear, thus, it wouldn't start. I'll need to be more mindful of vulnerable spots in the undercarriage. The larger lesson here for me, and perhaps all future owners sharing my ignorance, is that buying locally from a good dealer is critical. Could be you'd never need them. Could be, like me, you need them badly. What would I have done, way up in the woods with 4000lbs of dead tractor? Not much.

Very happy with the dealership. Very happy with the tractor. So a big thanks to all you guys here for being good coaches. Box blade should be here tomorrow. Tooth bar and multipurpose spade on order.

Best,
Doc

Glad to hear it all worked out!

I'll second the sentiment about finding a quality dealer... My tractors came from Springer's as well, and you will not find a more considerate, conscientious dealer. To those on the fence with their tractor purchase, keep in mind that brand plays second fiddle to dealer support.