2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value?

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #251  
As I suspected. BTW, Brian, what's the implement being used in your Fit Rite Hydraulics page? Looks similar to a box blade but a bit different too.View attachment 281319

That is a roll over box blade built by Gannon. Old style and all but discontinued. Back when remotes were not yet thought of, Gannon came up with this so that a person could just pull a handle from the operator's seat and have rippers to use. There is actually 3 different positions that the box can be put in. These work VERY well and all of them were built heavy duty. Not industrial duty, but heavy duty. I actually have 3 of them, a 36", a 66" and an 81". The only one that I can move around by myself is the 36" unit. ;)

Attachments

• P4140004.JPG
    P4140004.JPG
    410.2 KB · Views: 142
  • P4140010.JPG
    P4140010.JPG
    412.3 KB · Views: 158
  • P4140006.JPG
    P4140006.JPG
    422.8 KB · Views: 141
   / 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #252  
rj, that's the BB in the video on their website. The 5.5ft is much lighter. Is there room for a large rock on top of it?

Yeah, the 5.5 is a lighter duty unit. There is a light duty 72" as well.... Can't say for sure, but putting a rock on any BB is going to be a bit precarious.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #253  
Any updates on the new tractor?

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value?
Hi Roger, just got back from my camp. I was still waffling over a Ck35 vs the NH30 so I took another test drive. I came to the same conclusion as last time. I liked the slightly longer reach of the FEL on the NH and double HST pedals, Independent PTO lever. Also the slightly larger rear wheels. With that decided, I went back to the closer dealership who only sells NH. I told him to drop his price below the first dealer. In the end, it was $17,375, loaded rears, delivered.

I also ordered the two rear remotes and told him the first dealer wanted $790, installed. The service manager and salesman brought the NH book in and showed NH's recommended price is $790 plus three hours labor. They dropped any labor charges since I bought from them and, in the end, got my business. I signed yesterday. Tractor will be dropped off next Saturday. Ah yes, got two baseball caps for me and granpa, too.. lol :cool2:

Doc

Last edited:
   / 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #255  
I have a 1720 NH that weighs in at 3300#with loaded rears...
My Woods HB60 box blade weighs in @ 550# and I believe is 66" wide...
That is a very good match...
I can pull a full load of dirt with the front wheel assist engaged...
That is what I would recommend for your tractor...

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #256  
Hi Roger, just got back from my camp. I was still waffling over a Ck35 vs the NH30 so I took another test drive. I came to the same conclusion as last time. I liked the slightly longer reach of the FEL on the NH and double HST pedals, Independent PTO lever. Also the slightly larger rear wheels. With that decided, I went back to the closer dealership who only sells NH. I told him to drop his price below the first dealer. In the end, it was $17,375, loaded rears, delivered.

I also ordered the two rear remotes and told him the first dealer wanted $790, installed. The service manager and salesman brought the NH book in and showed NH's recommended price is $790 plus three hours labor. They dropped any labor charges since I bought from them and, in the end, got my business. I signed yesterday. Tractor will be dropped off next Saturday. Ah yes, got two baseball caps for me and granpa, too.. lol :cool2:

Doc

Cool, bet you can't wait to get it.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value?
Cool, bet you can't wait to get it.

Roger, I'm shopping online for a portable shed/garage-in-a-box so she'll get a nice place to stay. A nice sturdy canopy with side walls will keep the rain and snow off of her. Gotta make 'er feel welcome... :D

Turbys, thanks for the advice. I'll have a look at the HB60. My dealer carries the full line of Woods BBs.

Doc

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #258  
BoonDoc said:
Roger, I'm shopping online for a portable shed/garage-in-a-box so she'll get a nice place to stay. A nice sturdy canopy with side walls will keep the rain and snow off of her. Gotta make 'er feel welcome... :D

Turbys, thanks for the advice. I'll have a look at the HB60. My dealer carries the full line of Woods BBs.

Doc
You could have a pole building built for it.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #259  
Doc, Congrats. Funny you say that you were looking for a portable garage. I spent all last evening doing the same. I too will need one that will survive snow. If you have any luck finding a good deal let me know and I will do the same. Congrats on your purchase. I eventually will be building a pole barn but for now a temp one will work just fine ;)