2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value?

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #71  
I have had both, and get along with either.. the electric/hydraulic independent PTO is convenient, but the clutch controlled live PTO gives a little better control of the spin up in my opinion. All I have used a PTO for is either a rotary cutter, or a finish mower.

James K0UA

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #72  
My thinking exactly!

The Mahindra weighs in at 500lbs less but claims an incredible lift at the 3PH. Their specs do not specify "at the ball ends, or at 24", only "hydraulic lift capacity". Leaves me to wonder. The lower weight and higher FEL lift capacity make me think the rig could lift the back wheels if I'm not careful. Personally, I like the downswept arms of the NH loader as it improves visibility of the bucket and looks great. If I can confirm that the NH has SSQA, I'll be pleased as punch. Kioti's a real nice package too. Mahindra, lags in PTO HP and is 500lbs less. Also lacks tilt, cruise control. Not big issues for me, but heck, all things being equal why not?

My Max28 has cruise and tilt. So, 3016 prob does too.

My Max28 has MORE PTO HP than the 3016.... maybe you should get the Max28?

If u don't want to lift heavy stuff, don't get a mahindra. Or, get the mahindra, and still don't lift heavy stuff. If you guys don't like the specs, feel free to fill the tractor buckets with cotton balls, and the 3pt can be fitted with knitted pillows. You can be as safety conscious as you feel you need to be. The tractor lifts what it lifts. If you don't want to.... just don't.

BUT... don't say it CAN'T, unless you have tried, and it couldn't. :pullinghair:

Quote hanging on wall at work:

"Those who say it can't be done, should stay out of the way of those who are doing it!"

And another replay of DavesTractor:

Mahindra Max 25 lifts the back of a forklift! - YouTube

Get the best tractor for you...

I wanted to be able to lift what I needed to, with the most compact tractor I could.

Mahindra.

Hands down.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value?
Kioti with FEL: bucket has max reach 92.5" and digging depth of 5.3"
NH Boomer 30: max 96.7", depth 8"

The Kioti is SSQA. NH's FEL is described as "The Quick-Mount system lets you attach the loader within minutes and take it off just as fast� without tools� and does not require the customer to drive "straight only" to mount the loader. The loader towers have ramps which allow the loader arms to slide right into place without the use of hydraulics." Not sure if this is a universal mount.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #74  
I am pretty sure the NH is ssqa.

Considering my needs, I'll be doing quite a few things with the FEL. Gravel the mud puddles on the road in, move fallen logs and the like. Root grapple and snow plow likely. Aside from that, brush hog, box blade, for the rear. Gonna clear a couple acres and make a hobby farm. Raw lifting ability would take second place to heft of the tractor. The MAX looks great and packed with goodies but the platform is slightly smaller than I ended up wanting. Out of the more than dozen tractors I first considered, the Mahindra 3016 is in my short list of 3. I still need to go see it and ride it and banter with the dealer. I don't think I'd go wrong in any of these three. Just wanna marry the right girl!

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #78  
A few things to get straightened out. The 3016 DOES NOT have extendable links. It has telescoping stabilizing arms (anti sway bars) As far as OEM rear remotes, there is only one available and it is around $800 I believe. Now it is not the simple in-out control as the Kioti and NH have, it has the float position also, but still over priced IMO. It will indeed out lift the other tractors that you are considering, put fluid in the tires and you would be set.

I am a big proponent of remotes, especially OEM remotes. The Kioti has 2 available and I think that the NH might even have 3 available. I believe that the remotes for these 2 tractors are much more reasonably priced and might even come with 1 as std equipment.

If you are for sure going to get a grapple, I believe that you will be happier with a diverter or even a 3rd function with the control function located on the loader joy stick. Not that using a rear remote won't work for the grapple, it just is not as convenient IMO.

Something else to consider, being new to tractoring, don't try to do everything with one or 2 implements-attachments. When you have a job to do, especially a big job, consider getting the right implement to do the job. Most of the time it will do the job better and faster than trying to get by with what you might happen to have. You will find that you will end up using those implements more than you imagined. If you have questions as to what should be used for a certain task, just ask here at TBN and you will get many good suggestions as to what to use-do.

Good luck with your final decision. ;)

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #79  
A few things to get straightened out. The 3016 DOES NOT have extendable links. It has telescoping stabilizing arms (anti sway bars) As far as OEM rear remotes, there is only one available and it is around $800 I believe. Now it is not the simple in-out control as the Kioti and NH have, it has the float position also, but still over priced IMO. It will indeed out lift the other tractors that you are considering, put fluid in the tires and you would be set.

I am a big proponent of remotes, especially OEM remotes. The Kioti has 2 available and I think that the NH might even have 3 available. I believe that the remotes for these 2 tractors are much more reasonably priced and might even come with 1 as std equipment.

If you are for sure going to get a grapple, I believe that you will be happier with a diverter or even a 3rd function with the control function located on the loader joy stick. Not that using a rear remote won't work for the grapple, it just is not as convenient IMO.

Something else to consider, being new to tractoring, don't try to do everything with one or 2 implements-attachments. When you have a job to do, especially a big job, consider getting the right implement to do the job. Most of the time it will do the job better and faster than trying to get by with what you might happen to have. You will find that you will end up using those implements more than you imagined. If you have questions as to what should be used for a certain task, just ask here at TBN and you will get many good suggestions as to what to use-do.

Good luck with your final decision. ;)

Yep I guess that is why there are no photographs of the rear of the tractor on the web site, just useless photos of owners and shots of the tractor doing something. I looked in the specs and it does just say telescoping anti-sway bars. So no telescoping lower links.. bummer..

James K0UA

have you looked at a yanmar, they makes some tractors and engines for JD.
Yanmar Tractors: Compact Tractors

Had requested a quote on the EX-2900. All the goodies. A nice tractor for sure. Never heard back. I'm glad you reminded me. I think I'll call them tomorrow and pester them for a price.