Buying Advice Kioti DK40SE HST(C) Versus LS R4041H

/ Kioti DK40SE HST(C) Versus LS R4041H #11  
You haven't compared the engines, the LS Mitsubishi engine is 2.5L vs 2.0 for the Kioti. For me I would always rather have the bigger engine, and the Mitsubishi engine S4QL is a nice unit.

HS

/ Kioti DK40SE HST(C) Versus LS R4041H
Have you checked with Michigan Iron & equipment,they are a Kioti dealer located in Mt morris Mi.Best Kioti dealer in the state of MI.coobie

No, I wasn't aware of them, but I might give them a call. They're about 100mi from me, so it would be a bit of a hike for a test drive :)

The 7 pin connector is there, on the Kioti you just need the little end connector kit it snaps on to, and the bracket, and the work light wiring is there and hot too, just need to buy and install the work light. pretty minor stuff.

James K0UA

Good points, and none of those are deal-breakers for me.

You haven't compared the engines, the LS Mitsubishi engine is 2.5L vs 2.0 for the Kioti. For me I would always rather have the bigger engine, and the Mitsubishi engine S4QL is a nice unit.

HS

Great minds think alike....I was just thinking about that very topic. I've noted that the Mitsubishi engine is half a liter bigger, and that means it's likely running a lower compression ratio, which should make it be a little more durable over time (assuming all other things are equal). I started to look up the technical specs on the two engines, to see what the obvious differences are, besides displacement, but didn't have much luck.

/ Kioti DK40SE HST(C) Versus LS R4041H #15  
No, I wasn't aware of them, but I might give them a call. They're about 100mi from me, so it would be a bit of a hike for a test drive :)
Trust me it,s worth the drive.

/ Kioti DK40SE HST(C) Versus LS R4041H #16  
I have never dealt with Michigan Iron, but I've seen their work and read hundreds of posts where they have involvement. For all that I've seen and read, they are an outstanding dealer - experts, honest, loyal, and creative (they make excellent custom add-on themselves for Kioti's). So, I think the 100 miles might be worth the trip. I bought from Wallace in PA when he was a Kioti dealer. He is another of those great dealers. His store is over 250 miles from me. Have never regretted buying from a farther-away dealer. I'd at least discuss price with another Kioti dealer before deciding. Dealer to dealer pricing does seem to vary widely.

On the LS, I know some are concerned with parts, and maybe staying-power. I've been watching them the past couple of years. Over that time they have stepped up their game, filling the void left by Montana and providing tractors to New Holland too. Money talks, and $2K is significant. The free 2nd remote is also worth $400 or so (if you plan to use it). One thing the DK40 has that is real nice is control of the 3ph from behind the tractor. Never seen an LS in person (I do hate the blue). If NH is putting their reputation on them, I have to believe that it would not be bad choice. The risk is if they back away from the market the way that bobcat has done with Daedong (AKA white Kioti). Then your resale value will go down, if they do back away. And it would be worse than BC because at least Kioti is still going strong and can fill most BC maintenance needs. An LS wouldn't have that luxury; I don't see NH readily supporting LS owners if LS backs out as a stand alone brand. Tough call. Kinda where I was 7 years ago when I took a risk and bought Kioti.

/ Kioti DK40SE HST(C) Versus LS R4041H #17  
The LS also has 16 gears vs 12.

HS

/ Kioti DK40SE HST(C) Versus LS R4041H #18  
The LS also has 16 gears vs 12. HS

Seeing has he stated in the 1st post that he was going HST, I don't think that figures into the equation, although 16 gears sure would be nice. ;)

Michigan Iron just quoted me $20,804...decisions, decisions!

/ Kioti DK40SE HST(C) Versus LS R4041H #20  
Michigan Iron just quoted me $20,804...decisions, decisions!

I wish I had them as my dealer, but I will buy my grapple from them. Thats a better price than I spent last year.