Buying Advice Kioti DK40SE HST(C) Versus LS R4041H

/ Kioti DK40SE HST(C) Versus LS R4041H #61  
Thanks Brad,
I went over to cowlitz river rigging also. I bought the dk40 se hs from an add on CL it's coming up from California next week. I am not a tractor guy but have operated a case 580e backhoe and owned a d4 7u cat. All this new electronic stuff scares me, I have all the tools and always worked on my own stuff but I now see that has passed. When I look under the hood of my car, i close it quickly! Definitely will keep that key issue in mind. Grew up in this area in Clifton and had been living in tillamook the last 10 years since selling our ranch in silverlake.

/ Kioti DK40SE HST(C) Versus LS R4041H #62  
Thanks, Yes it came with the tractor I paid $27,850 delivered from Redding Calfornia. I didn't get a thumb but I think I will get one added on. Right now I looking for a brush hog and a set of forks.

/ Kioti DK40SE HST(C) Versus LS R4041H #63  
Tim,

I read that the "re-burner" was reviewed by the EPA and they have instead opted for a "diesel particulate filter", ..which is now required on diesel highway trucks over a certain hp. (175, I think) It might have the electronic injection system which is probably Ok but again adds another equation (or 2 or 3) to troubleshooting. Usually this electronic stuff shuts down your rig and leaves you out of business when you might otherwise run and get a project done ( since most tractor owners live in remote areas it's essential that you can quick fix something to get by until a more detailed repair can get done.)

Not much respect for us rural folks any more. I have nothing against clean air and I understand the concerns about man's contribution to climate change, but I don't think government has the best alternatives when it comes to proportionate values of getting clean air. (long story and just an opinion)....but here's the short story. We now use 10 % ethanol gas, and 15 -20% diesel ....efficiency is anywhere from 6 to 11 % less, and along with multiples of emission controls, has you going to the pump more often and subsequently burning more fuel? So, if you do the math ?

Mine has tier 4 but there is a tier 4 "final" that includes electronic injection and some with dpf (in anticipation of a probable tier 5 in the future.) Look out!

Last edited:
   / Kioti DK40SE HST(C) Versus LS R4041H #64  
I noticed when in Arizona with our 92 corolla I consistently got 42 mpg ( at that time Arizona did not have alcohol in their gas ) when we would return to Oregon the best I could ever do was 37 mpg. Doing the math it never worked out, I just burned more and got less.
My story of America, I was born in Vancouver Washington in 1952, my father had met my mother in New Zealand during the war, he was in the Marines (shot in three different engagements so he spent a lot of time recuperating there) In 1961 my mother passed away at 36, I was in the second grade.My father was in the merchant marine and away fro home about 11 months of the year. My brother and I were sent to live with our grandparents in New Zealand. Everyone loved Americans and we were treated like royalty, we had saved them from the Japanese and god were they ever thankful. Everyone wanted to have American friends and all the kids in school would sit in a big circle around my brother and I during lunch break. Of course I was chosen captain of the soccer team and captain of the cricket team.
Well my uncle (a New Zealander) sold Caterpillar earth moving equipment. He would often take me with him on his sales missions, showing off his American connection. I remember the words he would tell his clients and this is word for word what he would say " well she's yank stuff mate, best in the world" and when he would say this everyone in the room would nod their heads in agreement.
My grandfather to his dying day hated the Japanese and once when mt father sent me a transistor radio from Japan my grandfather looked at it and said, "look they use the name General trying to steal the good name of General Electric a fine American company"
I returned to America in 1965, today I ask myself what has happened to my country?