Buying Advice Kioti DK40SE HST(C) Versus LS R4041H

/ Kioti DK40SE HST(C) Versus LS R4041H #51  
Hi Bvanek
I just purchased a DK40SE it should arrive sometime next week. Anything I should know or look out for? It's got 55hrs. and still under warranty till 2017
I live over on laurel beach linberg rd.

/ Kioti DK40SE HST(C) Versus LS R4041H #52  
Hi Bvanek
I just purchased a DK40SE it should arrive sometime next week. Anything I should know or look out for? It's got 55hrs. and still under warranty till 2017

Change the HST and Hydraulic filters and see if you can still find the second remote kit.

/ Kioti DK40SE HST(C) Versus LS R4041H
Hi Bvanek

Check all of the loader attachment bolts...they sometimes need to be tightened a couple of times before they stay put (but still check them from time to time).

/ Kioti DK40SE HST(C) Versus LS R4041H #54  
Check all of the loader attachment bolts...they sometimes need to be tightened a couple of times before they stay put (but still check them from time to time).

Wheel bolts/nuts too. Same deal.. Also check the tightness of the bucket level indicator guide tube. I used blue locktite and staked mine after I wadded up the bucket level rod at a few less hours than that one.

/ Kioti DK40SE HST(C) Versus LS R4041H #55  
Thanks guys, I'm rather new to this, yes I grew up on a farm but our tractor was a JD and you had to spin the flywheel to start it and that was 45 years ago. I did my homework and my choice came down to Kioti or Branson (of course I looked at the specs on all in my range, money was not a consideration) but I went with the kioti because my dealership is about 4 miles from here. Branson gives a lot of tractor for the money. I just figured out what FEL meant, I had been reading the entire thread when it came to me!!!!!

/ Kioti DK40SE HST(C) Versus LS R4041H #56  
Thanks Murph, It's a tlb kioti all the way with fel and backhoe plus the owner threw in a wood spliter and box blade. I doubt I will put more than 30 hrs a year on it, it's just that I've always wanted my own tractor, I hate to rent stuff. I will need a brush hog, right now kind of partial to the Kodiak any suggestions?

/ Kioti DK40SE HST(C) Versus LS R4041H #57  
Thanks Murph, It's a tlb kioti all the way with fel and backhoe plus the owner threw in a wood spliter and box blade. I doubt I will put more than 30 hrs a year on it, it's just that I've always wanted my own tractor, I hate to rent stuff. I will need a brush hog, right now kind of partial to the Kodiak any suggestions?

Did you get the Kioti 2485 hoe? How about a thumb? I bought a medium duty 6' Land Pride and it works for me but I don't use it much. You got a nice machine. The DK-40 is a real beast for the money. You done good.:thumbsup:

/ Kioti DK40SE HST(C) Versus LS R4041H #58  
looks like you have the same year as mine?

The main issue for me was the ignition switch. It is prone to corrosion and the contacts are sensitive. Kioti is aware of this and have offered improved replacement ignitions at no cost if under warranty. I bought my tractor from Cowlitz River Rigging (Longview Wa) and they gave me a new switch. I have not had to use it yet because I figured out a way to prevent the ignition failure issue. Not rocket science, just simply squirting some wd 40 into the key entry (every week) and covering the switch with a rag when parked in my open, but covered, shed. It seems to work with just the rag only since moisture in the air gets soaked up in the rag and doesn't penetrate the switch. However wd-40 worked to get it started when I first had issues...no problems for the last two wet seasons using this method.
Mine is a manual transmission with the SE trim line. (special order because I wanted a manual trans. due to living on land that is anything but flat.) Also you get a little more power, especially at the PTO.
I think you will be happy with your purchase. You have a model that is before the "California" pollution standard which adds about 2,500.00 (+) to the price. (Computer controlled emissions and the re-burner.) Don't know how much this robs you of power but I am sure it does just that.

I bought my Kioti with several things in mind 1. close to the dealership (as you said) 2. beefy 3. good reputation of Daedong (Korea). Not to many people know this but Kubota and Daedong had a co-manufacturing agreement that made Kubota tractors back in the 80's.
Again for the money, Kioti was the best choice for me and it also had the best warranty. 4 years. Usually you can tell a lot about a company's product by the warranty they offer. Other than the initial ignition issue, I have had virtually no trouble with my tractor. This year I have used it to log some large danger trees near the house and outbuildings. (logging is pretty demanding)..........it has been a real workhorse.

Last edited:
   / Kioti DK40SE HST(C) Versus LS R4041H #59  
I had trouble with my ignition switch, after a few hours, then I sprayed some Fluid Film in it. Problem gone. I repeat application about once per year I have over 350 hours on it now. No further problems

/ Kioti DK40SE HST(C) Versus LS R4041H #60  
tillamook,

you mentioned a brush hog. My only suggestion to you is whatever you buy, make sure it has a clutching mechanism on the driveshaft before the gearbox. This is to prevent damage to the gearbox/drive shaft and also might prevent a broken blade if you were to contact a large rock or stump. Mine is a Woods, which is rather expensive about 1600.00 for a five footer but it has had a good reputation in the past. Mine has been very good with no problems.
However 3 years ago they were bought by Blount Inc. based in the South. Although this is a well established business I'm not sure of what will happen to the Woods product line? My wife formerly worked for Oregon Cuttings Systems (which is a saw chain division of Blount in Milwaukie OR) before she retired in 2009. Oregon chain is their flagship product. Have to say that China has taken control and the product quality has been compromised.
I have an older J-bar brush hog that does not have a slip clutch but has the "stump jumper" plate. The blades are mounted to a large disk that mounts to the gearbox. The blades are free to swing if they hit an obstruction and the disk is convex so that it supposedly will glide over things instead of getting hung up. Do not use any more and will likely sell with my other tractor. It has some fairly new blades on it, but I have not used it for 6 years. Would sell it for $100.00. Not the best mower by a long shot but works OK. It is US made but I think the gearbox is made in China? (which explains why it growls)

Last edited: