Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 50
  1. #1
    Elite Member GManBart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,678
    Location
    Belleville, MI
    Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 241, Massey Ferguson 2244 crawler

    Default Kioti DK40SE HST(C) Versus LS R4041H

    Like the title says, I'm looking at these two for a purchase in the very near future. We have 15 acres, which could grow to 50-60 in the next year or so. The terrain is mostly level, with a lot of newer growth trees, much of which is dead Ash. There is a derelict house on one parcel, and once that comes down, I plan to clear that lot of the scrub brush and smaller trees, and see if one of the local farmers would be interested in putting beans or corn in (primary crops around here)....probably something like 3 acres to farm. That parcel, plus a second, have a boatload of old garbage, dilapidated sheds, chicken coops, chain link fence that needs pulling, piles of old telephone poles, etc, i.e. a significant amount of cleanup. Between those two, I also plan to put in a shooting backstop that's something along the lines of 50' wide by 8+ feet tall (USPSA/IPSC shooter). If I need something really big, I can borrow a loader, excavator, dozer, etc from a neighbor, but don't want to wear out that welcome.

    Which would you pick, and why? Side note: I need to stay with a hydrostatic transmission so my wife can help with mowing, and brush hogging. The local dealer carries both, seems very responsive, and has been in business 30+ years. They're asking $22,250 for the Kioti w/FEL, and $20,400 for the LS w/FEL. Thoughts?
    Last edited by GManBart; 12-27-2012 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Spelling

  2. #2
    Veteran Member chim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    1,769
    Location
    Lancaster County, PA
    Tractor
    Kubota L3200, Ford 1210

    Default Re: Kioti DK40SE HST(C) Versus LS R4041H

    When I shopped earlier this year, the final four brands considered were Kioti, Bobcat, kubota and Mahindra. Each of these had a fair amount of good press here and on other sites.

    A few others were ruled out because they were made by the same company (LS) that produced the Montana. My first-hand experience with a Montana we have at work was the reason. It was purchased new, so it isn't as though it came from a neglectful owner. When we needed parts, they came via a very slow boat. There were a couple electrical problems that were eventually worked out. Removing and reinstalling the loader required three men, big hammers, prybars and a drill. It could last a long time but it sure is a rough piece of equipment.

    In contrast, I removed the loader from my Kubota yesterday to make it easier to make connections for the heater. It's been parked in the weld shop at work for the past several weeks getting a cab. I pulled it forward, removed the loader and backed it to where it was being worked on in less than one minute. It goes back on just as easily.

  3. #3
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    759
    Location
    Trent Hills, ON
    Tractor
    Kioti DK40SE HST

    Default Re: Kioti DK40SE HST(C) Versus LS R4041H

    I like the bigger front tires on the LS but I never looked at them closely.
    Just make sure to compare apples to apples, the DK is pretty loaded from the start. SSQA, telescopic 3pth arms, 1 remote, rear position control lever, cruise control, fancy seat, etc.
    I think the LS comes with alot of features standard too so maybe the prices won't even out if equipped the same.
    2011 DK40SE HST

  4. #4
    Elite Member coobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2,516
    Location
    S.Michigan
    Tractor
    Kubota RTV 900, JD 740,Kioti DK 40 with KL401 loader .

    Default Re: Kioti DK40SE HST(C) Versus LS R4041H

    Quote Originally Posted by GManBart View Post
    Like the title says, I'm looking at these two for a purchase in the very near future. We have 15 acres, which could grow to 50-60 in the next year or so. The terrain is mostly level, with a lot of newer growth trees, much of which is dead Ash. There is a derelict house on one parcel, and once that comes down, I plan to clear that lot of the scrub brush and smaller trees, and see if one of the local farmers would be interested in putting beans or corn in (primary crops around here)....probably something like 3 acres to farm. That parcel, plus a second, have a boatload of old garbage, dilapidated sheds, chicken coops, chain link fence that needs pulling, piles of old telephone poles, etc, i.e. a significant amount of cleanup. Between those two, I also plan to put in a shooting backstop that's something along the lines of 50' wide by 8+ feet tall (USPSA/IPSC shooter). If I need something really big, I can borrow a loader, excavator, dozer, etc from a neighbor, but don't want to wear out that welcome.

    Which would you pick, and why? Side note: I need to stay with a hydrostatic transmission so my wife can help with mowing, and brush hogging. The local dealer carries both, seems very responsive, and has been in business 30+ years. They're asking $22,250 for the Kioti w/FEL, and $20,400 for the LS w/FEL. Thoughts?
    I can only comment on my 2008 Kioti DK40se with KL401 front loader.I have around 300 hours on the clock and it has been flawless with NO issues.The only thing I would have changed I would have got the ag tires verses the R4 tires.coobie
    Kioti DK40se hst cab with KL401 loader,Kubota RTV 900,John deere X740,Kioti 73 inch tiller.Ingersoll 4020 3pt,troy bilt tiller,Billy goat brush cutter.

  5. #5
    Elite Member GManBart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,678
    Location
    Belleville, MI
    Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 241, Massey Ferguson 2244 crawler

    Default Re: Kioti DK40SE HST(C) Versus LS R4041H

    The LS does have telescoping lower links, bigger tires, two remotes, a rear work light, an extra year on the warranty, and I think a 7-pin trailer plug. The Kioti has one remote, no work light, no 7-pin, but it's a bit wider and longer (which should improve it's stability), the loader can lift an additional 260lbs to about 12" higher, and the driver's seat reclines.

    Those aren't huge differences, but the extra remote, larger tires and rear work light are attractive considering the LS is nearly $2K less expensive. I'm not out to pinch pennies, but the difference would pay for the forklift attachment and most of a larger brush hog or finish mower (haven't decided which of those two will be first), so it's a consideration.

  6. #6
    Elite Member coobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2,516
    Location
    S.Michigan
    Tractor
    Kubota RTV 900, JD 740,Kioti DK 40 with KL401 loader .

    Default Re: Kioti DK40SE HST(C) Versus LS R4041H

    Quote Originally Posted by GManBart View Post
    The LS does have telescoping lower links, bigger tires, two remotes, a rear work light, an extra year on the warranty, and I think a 7-pin trailer plug. The Kioti has one remote, no work light, no 7-pin, but it's a bit wider and longer (which should improve it's stability), the loader can lift an additional 260lbs to about 12" higher, and the driver's seat reclines.

    Those aren't huge differences, but the extra remote, larger tires and rear work light are attractive considering the LS is nearly $2K less expensive. I'm not out to pinch pennies, but the difference would pay for the forklift attachment and most of a larger brush hog or finish mower (haven't decided which of those two will be first), so it's a consideration.
    Have your dealer throw in the rear work light.My DK40 has the telescoping lower links also.coobie
    Kioti DK40se hst cab with KL401 loader,Kubota RTV 900,John deere X740,Kioti 73 inch tiller.Ingersoll 4020 3pt,troy bilt tiller,Billy goat brush cutter.

  7. #7
    Elite Member coobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2,516
    Location
    S.Michigan
    Tractor
    Kubota RTV 900, JD 740,Kioti DK 40 with KL401 loader .

    Default Re: Kioti DK40SE HST(C) Versus LS R4041H

    Quote Originally Posted by GManBart View Post
    Like the title says, I'm looking at these two for a purchase in the very near future. We have 15 acres, which could grow to 50-60 in the next year or so. The terrain is mostly level, with a lot of newer growth trees, much of which is dead Ash. There is a derelict house on one parcel, and once that comes down, I plan to clear that lot of the scrub brush and smaller trees, and see if one of the local farmers would be interested in putting beans or corn in (primary crops around here)....probably something like 3 acres to farm. That parcel, plus a second, have a boatload of old garbage, dilapidated sheds, chicken coops, chain link fence that needs pulling, piles of old telephone poles, etc, i.e. a significant amount of cleanup. Between those two, I also plan to put in a shooting backstop that's something along the lines of 50' wide by 8+ feet tall (USPSA/IPSC shooter). If I need something really big, I can borrow a loader, excavator, dozer, etc from a neighbor, but don't want to wear out that welcome.

    Which would you pick, and why? Side note: I need to stay with a hydrostatic transmission so my wife can help with mowing, and brush hogging. The local dealer carries both, seems very responsive, and has been in business 30+ years. They're asking $22,250 for the Kioti w/FEL, and $20,400 for the LS w/FEL. Thoughts?
    Have you checked with Michigan Iron & equipment,they are a Kioti dealer located in Mt morris Mi.Best Kioti dealer in the state of MI.coobie
    Kioti DK40se hst cab with KL401 loader,Kubota RTV 900,John deere X740,Kioti 73 inch tiller.Ingersoll 4020 3pt,troy bilt tiller,Billy goat brush cutter.

  8. #8
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    96
    Location
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Tractor
    JD 755, Kioti DK40SE

    Default Re: Kioti DK40SE HST(C) Versus LS R4041H

    I looked at LS, Massey, McCorrmick, TYM and probably a couple others. My key item was a front mount blower and only the Massey and Kioti had a true offering. At the end of the day I went with the Kioti since the blower kit was $5500 vs $11000 for the Massey, I don't need an $11000 blower, the Kioti blower is more then enough for my needs.

    The other thing was I liked the Kioti dealers personality, I felt he wasn't just in it for the sale, he took the time to make sure I got the right machine with the right pieces.

    The single biggest reason why I excluded LS and TYM was my concern about parts supply. The dealer had a mobile repair truck which was free while your machine was covered under warrantee but it doesn't do me a lot of good if I'm waiting a couple weeks for something to arrive.

    In the end the Kioti has served me well so far and I'm very happy with my choice.

    Jason

  9. #9
    Elite Member GManBart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,678
    Location
    Belleville, MI
    Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 241, Massey Ferguson 2244 crawler

    Default Re: Kioti DK40SE HST(C) Versus LS R4041H

    Quote Originally Posted by coobie View Post
    Have your dealer throw in the rear work light.My DK40 has the telescoping lower links also.coobie
    I should have been more clear; the DK does have telescoping lower arms. I think that used to be optional on LS, but appears standard now.

  10. #10
    Super Star Member k0ua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    14,154
    Location
    Branson, Mo.
    Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

    Default Re: Kioti DK40SE HST(C) Versus LS R4041H

    The 7 pin connector is there, on the Kioti you just need the little end connector kit it snaps on to, and the bracket, and the work light wiring is there and hot too, just need to buy and install the work light. pretty minor stuff.

    James K0UA
    James KUA

    Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN


Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Price Check Dk40se hst
    By landedakioti in forum Kioti Buying/Pricing
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-14-2012, 07:01 PM
  2. My Kioti DK40SE report !
    By coobie in forum Kioti Owning/Operating
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-23-2011, 12:16 AM
  3. Comparison TYM versus Kioti versus other compact tractors
    By austrac in forum Buying/Pricing/Comparisons
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 10-05-2009, 10:52 AM
  4. We bought the kioti DK40se
    By Baranx4 in forum Kioti Buying/Pricing
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-22-2008, 10:55 AM
  5. New Kioti DK40SE
    By gboudreau in forum Kioti Buying/Pricing
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-01-2007, 06:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.