kubota 3300su vs L3800 vs bobcat ct235

/ kubota 3300su vs L3800 vs bobcat ct235 #71  
   / kubota 3300su vs L3800 vs bobcat ct235
I don't know if the CT235 was rough and vibrating because it was cold out? I want to get it to operating temp, and see if it runs better and looses some vibration...(it was -2F when I started it up). I only ran it for a few minutes; so I didn't give it a chance to warm up.
On the L3800; it seems I have to go over the HST pedel to get to the brake, where the CT235 was a little more off to the side. I'm concerned my clunky size 13 workboots are going to tap the HST pedel when going for the brake.
You guys really help me out ALOT! I just want to make sure I don't have buyers remorse either way. I want to keep this tractor for 20+ years, so I want to make sure I make the right choice. My main experience with these compacts is my fathers New Holland TC40D...very nice tractor, but I want a frame size smaller. I can always borrow this for larger work.
We have 240 acres of newly aquired hunting land. Mostly wooded, but also swamp, and some grassland. Going to be doing numerous food plots and a trail system. Wife will also use around the house for garden work, landscaping, etc. My 8 year old boy wants the bobcat :).

/ kubota 3300su vs L3800 vs bobcat ct235 #73  
Well, any diesel is cranky when it's that cold and will be more than a little rough. Man, with 240 acres, I'd ask if they have a great deal on a CT440 instead. Not much more money and then you're comparison would be the L4240.

/ kubota 3300su vs L3800 vs bobcat ct235 #75  
Even though it was real coldmout it should have ran fine after 5-10 seconds. You could aslo look at a Kubota l4600 and a MX5100.

/ kubota 3300su vs L3800 vs bobcat ct235 #76  
I never liked on the Bobcat how after you started it the glow plugs would continue to heat.

/ kubota 3300su vs L3800 vs bobcat ct235 #77  
Kiotiken mentioned a Grand L would be a different story, just for comparison sake maybe it would be worth looking at the 2 smaller Kubota Grand L models. I think you are doing the right thing by taking your time since it sounds like you have not quite found your tractor. My only other suggestion is find the model or brand you really want for the next 20 years and work on price or comparison to a lesser model from that reference point. You received a lot of good info from koua and Kiotiken and one cosmetic item I like is the flat deck.

I was going to suggest going to Barlow's website for used or new as I thought you were in Minesota where they deliver, but I see it is Canada. Anyway, best of luck on your tractor hunt!

/ kubota 3300su vs L3800 vs bobcat ct235 #78  
Even though it was real coldmout it should have ran fine after 5-10 seconds. You could aslo look at a Kubota l4600 and a MX5100.

That's pretty cold to think it'd run smooth after only 5 or 10 seconds. Even after it has stabalized and is running smooth, it will be louder, clangier (problably not a real word) for a while until it warms up, then it should run more quietly. That's how both of my Kiotis have been and my JD as well. I'm not sure it gets cold enough in Virginia for you to have the same experience, but in Ottawa at -30C, all equipment makes strange and funny noises for a while, gas vehicles included.

I never liked on the Bobcat how after you started it the glow plugs would continue to heat.

I've never had that, although I'll often give them a second cycle AFTER starting it to get it to smooth out faster. As long as I wait for the glow plugs to finish their cycle, they've never come back on.

/ kubota 3300su vs L3800 vs bobcat ct235 #79  
Kiotiken mentioned a Grand L would be a different story, just for comparison sake maybe it would be worth looking at the 2 smaller Kubota Grand L models. I think you are doing the right thing by taking your time since it sounds like you have not quite found your tractor. My only other suggestion is find the model or brand you really want for the next 20 years and work on price or comparison to a lesser model from that reference point. You received a lot of good info from koua and Kiotiken and one cosmetic item I like is the flat deck.

I was going to suggest going to Barlow's website for used or new as I thought you were in Minesota where they deliver, but I see it is Canada. Anyway, best of luck on your tractor hunt!

Thanks.

IMHO, Bobcat (Kioti) offers more value in the smaller tractors, but as you move up, that advantage is greatly reduced. I really like the Grand L series, they're full featured, heavy and strong, everything I want in a tractor. IMHO, that's the Bobcats advantage in the smaller tractors, you get all the features and they're stronger and heavier than the standard L versions. Typically, you'd compare the CT2XX (Kioti CKXX) to the Standard L Kubota and the CT4XX (Kioti DKXX) to the Grand L. The one thing I'd love that you get in the Grand L is the HST+. I find the CT2XX is more tractor than the standard L equivalent, but I find it's very close when you look at the CT4XX vs LXX40. If they were the same price, I'd take the Kubota, unfortunately, they're not.

/ kubota 3300su vs L3800 vs bobcat ct235
Nothing like muddling things more. My dealer has 1 CT440 left in stock (40HP). This baby has more features, bigger loader, bigger everything. He says with rear remote, 9TL FEL, I would be around 21K. That sounds like a great deal, what do you think?