kioti ck35 vs ls r3039

/ kioti ck35 vs ls r3039 #42  
Howd you know? :rolleyes: :laughing:

speaking of blue.. I am sure you have told the story before, but I must have missed it... how did you come by a blue Mahindra.? All of them I have seen are red (or pink:rolleyes:)

/ kioti ck35 vs ls r3039 #43  
speaking of blue.. I am sure you have told the story before, but I must have missed it... how did you come by a blue Mahindra.? All of them I have seen are red (or pink:rolleyes:)

I don't really like red as a main color. :thumbdown: The salesman asks what the problem is, as to why I'm not buying? I told him that I didn't know if I could take looking out over a red tractor for hours at a time. :confused3: He says "is that all that is stopping the purchase?" Yes that was the hold up I told him. What about painting it I was asked. The rest is history. :cool2:

/ kioti ck35 vs ls r3039 #44  
I don't really like red as a main color. :thumbdown: The salesman asks what the problem is, as to why I'm not buying? I told him that I didn't know if I could take looking out over a red tractor for hours at a time. :confused3: He says "is that all that is stopping the purchase?" Yes that was the hold up I told him. What about painting it I was asked. The rest is history. :cool2:

Well I be...I haven't heard that before.

/ kioti ck35 vs ls r3039
Thanks for all the advise on which tractor to purchase! Really guys? I thought this was the forum to get advise on buying a compact tractor but I guess I was wrong! All I got was prices on CUT's that I WASN'T looking at in regions that I'm not in. I joined this forum to get information on which tractor to purchase, looking for opinions from owners of these two tractors but got a bunch of this and that which was NOT helpful at all. PLEASE stay on topic!

/ kioti ck35 vs ls r3039 #46  
Thanks for all the advise on which tractor to purchase! Really guys? I thought this was the forum to get advise on buying a compact tractor but I guess I was wrong! All I got was prices on CUT's that I WASN'T looking at in regions that I'm not in. I joined this forum to get information on which tractor to purchase, looking for opinions from owners of these two tractors but got a bunch of this and that which was NOT helpful at all. PLEASE stay on topic!

Please don't take this the wrong way, but you're making an assumption/mistake that many people make on internet forums. The thread is not "yours", and it's almost guaranteed that they will all wander a little bit with sidebars, and related topics. The onus isn't on posters to stay on topic, so much as it is on the OP to filter out that which he/she doesn't consider helpful. It's not perfect, but that's just the way things seem to always happen.

A number of people have commented about which of the two brands they would buy, and I think some (me included) have said they're both good machines that have somewhat different strengths, which sort of balance out in the end. There really isn't anything anybody here can tell you that you can't learn from reading the data sheets available from the manufacturers. In other words, they'll both do the same tasks pretty much the same. Only you will know what particular strengths/weaknesses are more important to you, and only you will know how each machine feels to you when you run them....probably the most important factor of all when talking very similar machines.

BTW, the word you were looking for above is "advice", not "advise" (one is a noun, the other a verb)...kinda helps to get stuff like that correct when you're scolding folks ;-)

Last edited:
   / kioti ck35 vs ls r3039 #47  

I think your hats to tight, maybe take it off and let that blood flow to your brain.:confused2::eek:

/ kioti ck35 vs ls r3039 #48  
Heck, I read this whole thread and thought it was helpful. Seems like the consensus is that they're both good tractors and pick the one that (a) fits you, (b) gives you the best bang for your buck and (c) has the best dealer. And a number of people have given specific price quotes they received on certain models. I'd call that helpful.

You already said the Kubota dealer didn't seem too interested in taking your money. I wouldn't do business with someone like that. If they aren't interested while the money is still in YOUR pocket, how will they act once it's in THEIRS? My local Kubota, LS and JD dealers have all been very helpful and eager to try to get my business. I still need to go see the NH dealer.

/ kioti ck35 vs ls r3039 #49  
My first choice would be the Kioti, even if it cost more. We have a Montana (LS) at work and it has not been a reliable tractor.

:welcome: from Ohio Get the Kioti and get both remotes

I agree, get the kioti in this case. They have made quite a name for themselves.

I don't own both brands, but I was down to the same two when I bought my tractor a few months ago. I was wavering between an LS R4047H, and a Kioti DK40SE or DK45SE (both Hydro). It was a really tough choice, as they both had offsetting strengths.......

I've been very happy with my ck35. As Bart said, I'd probably be equally happy with the ls r3039, 4041 or 4047. Especially with the standard dual remotes. Wouldn't the dk series be a closer comparison to the r series of Ls?

the LS built tractors are built heavy and have a lot of features for the money. I have a 2010 McCormick CT28 (same as R3039 but with 30hp engine). .

I agree, get the LS in this case. They have made quite a name for themselves.

Check out the DK-40, I bought one and love it.

Seriously, you think you didnt get any helpful advise??

If you want helpful advise, chime in on your thread once in awhile and dont abandon it and come back a week later and be all up tight cause it veered off course. I'd say you got plenty of excellent advise, sure, 100 other people could add their :2cents:, but it gets a bit redundant after awhile....

Lighten up a bit. Have a beer. Relax. The advise you get (or not get) is worth exactly what you paid for it

/ kioti ck35 vs ls r3039 #50  

Really? As the OP, you need to be involved in the discussion, otherwise you get whatever you get. I'm not sure what else you're looking for either, as stated, you got lots of advice. I can't imagine to many people own two nearly identical tractors from different manufactures so I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for somebody to chime in who can give you a side by side comparison.

So here's some different advice for you. Both machines suck for digging footings, just the nature of the beast. I've owned a BH, I enjoyed it and it was useful, but I wasn't trying to make a living with it. You need a mini-ex if you're digging lots of footings.

You're not going to save any time switching from a ZTR to a 6' rear finishing mower, in fact, I'll bet you double it. Nothing cuts faster than a ZTR unless you're cutting a mountain side or very rough terrain. Both these machines will make lousy lawn mowers anyway, they're both what a tractor should be IMHO, big and heavy, built with a lot of steel. I'll only drive mine over my septic system in the dead of winter and the frost line is over 4' in my area. When it's wet in the spring, my tractor makes mud and ruts, same if we get a lot of rain. My ZTR floats over the lawn and only makes a little bit of a mess when I start to have to much fun and make my turns way to fast.

If you have any questions, ask, get involved with your own thread, but don't ***** at us when we chat amongst ourselves if you disappear.