kioti ck35 vs ls r3039

/ kioti ck35 vs ls r3039 #11  
the LS built tractors are built heavy and have a lot of features for the money. I have a 2010 McCormick CT28 (same as R3039 but with 30hp engine). I recently had a problem with the shuttle shift going bad at 250 hours. I was not too upset at it breaking under warranty, I have had many toys and vehicles that have had a problem early on but go on to be rock solid reliable for years after the bugs were worked out. the problem arose with how long it took to get parts due to LS being at max capasity after taking on the Case/new holland compacts and their own, (according to my dealer). my tractor was down for almost a month causing me to miss out on a handfull of tilling and other small side jobs and getting my first cutting of hay done a little late. other than that it sips fuel and has no problem with my 6ft tiller, box blade, and 7ft sickle mower. service has been good aside from the slow parts, Dealer and factory rep looked it over and replace everything that was wrong and anything they suspected may have cause the problems, no questions asked.

i have looked at the kioti tractors as McCormick's new X10 series are built by them. I would have to say that the build quality on them is better than the ls built tractor i have now. But i was looking at the next size up tractor (dk40-50 size), and the price is way more than the screaming deal i got on my tractor.

/ kioti ck35 vs ls r3039 #12  
Well that big difference in price may indeed be the case in your area, but not mine. The few mahindra and kioti dealers around here, certainly arent 10k difference in a 30-40hp model. More like 4-5k on a CUT sized machine in the 25k pricerange.

Sounds like you haven't gotten any quotes lately....things do change.

You're only a couple of hours from me, so I doubt pricing is all that different. I actually priced tractors at dealers in Ohio because they were closer to me than their closest in Michigan.

Looking at similarly equipped 40hp models, the least expensive non-LS or Kioti was still right around $30K. Sure, you could get an economy model that would cost around $25K, but again, you're getting less, and still paying more....which is why I pointed out that your comment about less features was simply incorrect.

If one of the "big" names like Kubota, Deere, NH, etc sell a 40hp tractor for $20-22K I certainly couldn't find it...much less with all the features that come standard with an LS or Kioti.

/ kioti ck35 vs ls r3039 #13  
I believe the big names for 40HP are still right around 30k. However, to have a 10k difference, you would have to be able to get a kioti DK40 for 20k. Not around here. 25k is more in the ballpark.

Again, my comments about less features - less money was referencing economy models.

I am not currently in the market for a tractor. But if I were, it would be a very tough decision between the MX5100, L4600, and DK40/DK45. Last I looked, all those tractors are within a few grand of eachother.

I dont need, or want bells and whistles. More crap to go wrong. My philosophy with tractors is KISS. Therefore, All those bells and whistles that come standard on the kioti, arent worth anything to me personally, so the kubotas, being a bigger name and similar price point, would be most appealing.

Now if kioti offered a economy model of similar size and power to the DK40/45, for 5-6k less, that would be the ticket right there:thumbsup:

/ kioti ck35 vs ls r3039 #14  
I believe the big names for 40HP are still right around 30k. However, to have a 10k difference, you would have to be able to get a kioti DK40 for 20k. Not around here. 25k is more in the ballpark.

Brownies in Nelsonville, OH just quoted me $23,400 for a DK40SE Hydro with FEL (local dealer quoted me $22,600 as I recall in Dec/Jan). I got a price on an L4240HST with FEL from a local dealer and it was $31,500 (give or take a couple hundred). If the OH prices are higher, that's making the difference look smaller than it really should be since I didn't get a Kubota number from an Ohio dealer.

That's still $8K difference....or about 35% more. That would pay for a bunch of implements and diesel fuel ;)

/ kioti ck35 vs ls r3039 #15  

Again, my comments about less features - less money was referencing economy models.

I am not currently in the market for a tractor. But if I were, it would be a very tough decision between the MX5100, L4600, and DK40/DK45. Last I looked, all those tractors are within a few grand of eachother.

I dont need, or want bells and whistles. More crap to go wrong. My philosophy with tractors is KISS. Therefore, All those bells and whistles that come standard on the kioti, arent worth anything to me personally, so the kubotas, being a bigger name and similar price point, would be most appealing.

Now if kioti offered a economy model of similar size and power to the DK40/45, for 5-6k less, that would be the ticket right there:thumbsup:

I bought a DK 40 with BH for 27k and got the second remote too. Kioti sells a economy line the DS

/ kioti ck35 vs ls r3039 #16  
If you go with Kubota make sure to check for Jerky hitch before you buy.

/ kioti ck35 vs ls r3039 #17  
I agree, get the LS in this case. They have made quite a name for themselves.

/ kioti ck35 vs ls r3039 #18  
I am shopping to upgrade my Kioti CK30, I've narrowed my choices down to the Kioti DK40se HST/FEL/BH and Kubota L4060 HST/FEL/BH. The Kioti is $8500 cheaper and the Kioti dealer was going to give me $2000 more on trade in than the Kubota dealer. Making the total out of pocket difference $10,500, too much to ignore.

/ kioti ck35 vs ls r3039 #19  
I am shopping to upgrade my Kioti CK30, I've narrowed my choices down to the Kioti DK40se HST/FEL/BH and Kubota L4060 HST/FEL/BH. The Kioti is $8500 cheaper and the Kioti dealer was going to give me $2000 more on trade in than the Kubota dealer. Making the total out of pocket difference $10,500, too much to ignore.

Welcome to the pack

/ kioti ck35 vs ls r3039
Thanks for all the replys. I have JD and Kubota dealers 20 mins from my house. The Kubota dealer didn't have the size tractor I was looking for and wasn't interested in pricing one? Told me it would be ABOUT 30k but he acted like I didn't have any money (which I don't) but I do have excellent credit. The JD dealer, well as it been said many times before " that green paint sure is expensive!"