Kioti vs LS

/ Kioti vs LS #21  
You're comparing different models. In the Kioti Line, they aren't turbocharged until the 55HP model, which is larger (physically). The wheels and tires on a DK 40, 45, and 50 are smaller than on the LS 4041 and 4047. The other dimensions and weights are essentially the same.

Something for the OP to consider is that the Kioti is 2.0L, and the LS is 2.5L. My thoughts were that a bigger engine working easier should last longer (in theory)....I also thought the LS ran smoother (not a deal-breaker).

May use more fuel too.

/ Kioti vs LS #22  
May use more fuel too.

A definite possibility. Pumping and fruction losses usually take a difference in RPM to show up with any significance, and these two engines are rated at the same RPM. The Kioti, with what must be a higher compression ratio would still have a theoretical edge, but I'm thinking it would be pretty slight. It would be great if we had a better way to gauge fuel consumption.

With my R4047H, I tend to go through 4-5ga in a full day...not very scientific.

/ Kioti vs LS #23  
A definite possibility. Pumping and fruction losses usually take a difference in RPM to show up with any significance, and these two engines are rated at the same RPM. The Kioti, with what must be a higher compression ratio would still have a theoretical edge, but I'm thinking it would be pretty slight. It would be great if we had a better way to gauge fuel consumption.

With my R4047H, I tend to go through 4-5ga in a full day...not very scientific.

Way more accurate that what I do. The tractor needs fuel, I fill it up. I have no idea how much. :eek:

/ Kioti vs LS #24  
GMan, I was comparing the DK55 and the 55 Hp LS.

/ Kioti vs LS #25  
GMan, I was comparing the DK55 and the 55 Hp LS.

Okay, but he wasn't asking about that size, and unfortunately, had half of your facts wrong. The LS 5030C is 5" longer, in both wheelbase, and OAL with FEL. Similarly, the rear tires for both Ag and Ind, and front Ag, are bigger on the LS. The Kioti is a couple of inches taller, and width varies with tire setting. The Kioti weighs nearly 200lbs more. The Kioti loader does lift a bit more, and go a couple of inches higher, but has lower breakout force.

Last edited:
   / Kioti vs LS
Well....

I guess I should change my profile. Yesterday I bought the Kioti DK40SE HST. :drink:

I took what everybody said and I liked the fit and finish the best as well as how it drove. Also, the dealer is terrific. Don Bassani at Bassani Power Equipment in Hamburg NJ. Answered all my questions, threw me the keys and turned me loose on his 18 acres...plus, the best part, he's delivering it. Might not sound unusual BUT he's delivering it to my place in the Adirondacks, 255 miles away :thumbsup: I live in NJ but spend half my time in the Great North Woods. When I first went to look I told him I have to be honest, probably not going to buy as final destination is upstate NY. When he said he'd deliver and asked where I figured he'd charge quite a bit but, nope, turns out he and his wife and family have a place 1/2 hour from mine! Great tractor and made new friend too! He'll even pick it up/bring it back and forth for any maintenance etc he can't do in my barn....

Got a new toy coming and I'm psyched. Thanks for all the great info :cool2: !!!

Next look for my threads on pto vs hydraulic vs portable (standalone engine driven) log splitters and implements in general!

/ Kioti vs LS #27  
Congratulations on your new machine ( and making a new friend:thumbsup:) and Welcome to the Pack!

James K0UA

/ Kioti vs LS #28  
Awesome! Welcome to the pack.

/ Kioti vs LS #30  
Now going post question on log splitters AND best/favorite implements!!

Congrats on the purchase!

Re Implements: What you do with it determines what implement(s) you need. Pallet forks for lifting loads, skidder winch for hauling logs, plow, box blade for grading, the list is endless.

Re woddsplitter: I got mine at TSC for around $700. 3pt mounted, works great. 3 - 4 cord takes a weekend or two to split, so if you don't use it for business,it may not get much use each year.