Kioti vs LS

/ Kioti vs LS #11  
I think it's the other way around. I believe that some of the LS models are to be made by Daedong.

I never knew that.

/ Kioti vs LS #13  
I think that maybe you guys are getting confused. :confused: Some tractor brands such as Landini and McCormick that use to have LS manufactured tractors, now have Daedong manufactured tractors. I know that I am not aware of ANY tractors that one company is building for the other. Does not mean that they aren't, just that I believe that what I have mentioned is where the confusion is. ;)

/ Kioti vs LS #14  
I just bought a KIOTI DK55 from Chip at ARTRAC in Arkansas (delivered yesterday). He sells both LS and Kioti so I was able to compare them side by side. They are comparable tractors. The Kioti is turbocharged and the LS is not (this is not necessarily a drawback). The Kioti is physically larger but not heavier. They both had self leveling loaders. The Kioti could lift slightly more weight and had larger tires. The fit and finish of the Kioti is nicer. The Kioti also has a rear operating handle for the three point hitch.

While they are both made in South Korea I do not believe they are made by the same company. Daedong does make rebranded clones of the Kioti for McCormick and smaller tractors for Bobcat.

/ Kioti vs LS #15  
I think it's the other way around. I believe that some of the LS models are to be made by Daedong.

Sorry, I misspoke. It's Landini that moved to Daedong not LS.

/ Kioti vs LS #16  
I was mistaken; I get confused about who is making what under whose logo, etc. at times.:confused2: Sorry for any incorrect info....
I 'think' this is how it is currently. Daedong, S. Korea makes Kiotis. Bobcat WAS selling but recently dropped white colored Bobcats, essentially the same tractor as Kioti, but with some differences like FEL supplier, etc.
McCormick, Landini, are, as Mtn view said, produced by Daedong and keep their name branding.

Anyway, what I was attempting to convey is that there is a possibility that other Daedong manufactured tractors such as Landini or McCormick COULD decide to move away from Daedong, but I seriously doubt that would ever happen with Kioti. This is merely speculation on my part based on the Bobcat outcome.

/ Kioti vs LS #17  
Hello All

I'm new to this site but have already learned a ton. I'm looking at tractor for my 250 acres in the Adirondacks. I have various logging roads, food plots and maple syrup business.

I've narrowed down to Kioti DK 40SE HST and comparable LS R4041 HST. looking at both of them new. Both are in price range I can afford and each seems to be tailored to a new owner/operator.

Thoughts?:confused:

Had the exact same discussion very recently:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/buying-pricing-comparisons/267170-kioti-dk40se-hst-c-versus.html

/ Kioti vs LS #18  
This has been done before, not too long ago. Welcome to TBN and hopefully the pack. The DK has a FEL that boasts 2700 lbs of liftoff. Don't know if LS is in the same Ballpark.

The LS website says 2,500lbs to max height at the pins, but the loader manual says 2,640lbs to max height at the pins. The Kioti has a higher lift, which is useful.

/ Kioti vs LS #19  
As near as I can tell, if you compare the logical models that should be compared together... "six of one, half dozen of the other" I think they are both fine tractors.. My brother in law is looking for a tractor, and asked me about what he should look for, and I said check out both the Kioti dealer and the nearby LS dealer.

/ Kioti vs LS #20  
I just bought a KIOTI DK55 from Chip at ARTRAC in Arkansas (delivered yesterday). He sells both LS and Kioti so I was able to compare them side by side. They are comparable tractors. The Kioti is turbocharged and the LS is not (this is not necessarily a drawback). The Kioti is physically larger but not heavier. They both had self leveling loaders. The Kioti could lift slightly more weight and had larger tires. The fit and finish of the Kioti is nicer. The Kioti also has a rear operating handle for the three point hitch.

You're comparing different models. In the Kioti Line, they aren't turbocharged until the 55HP model, which is larger (physically). The wheels and tires on a DK 40, 45, and 50 are smaller than on the LS 4041 and 4047. The other dimensions and weights are essentially the same.

Something for the OP to consider is that the Kioti is 2.0L, and the LS is 2.5L. My thoughts were that a bigger engine working easier should last longer (in theory)....I also thought the LS ran smoother (not a deal-breaker).