1025R vs 2032R vs Kubota ??

/ 1025R vs 2032R vs Kubota ?? #11  
Hi All,

We have 40 acres of rolling hills with fields/forests that we maintain 10' wide paths on. We are looking to replace our 1950s Massey w/5' bush hog with something more user-friendly. The grass can get 3-4' high at times but only needs a rough cut for our needs. We also pull logs around to cut up and haul to the barn on a utility trailer. We will probably put around 50 hours on the tractor a season.

I've done quite a bit of reading on the forum and others but am looking for specific advice.

Will the 1025R be "enough tractor" to handle our needs?

For 40 acres, not even close.

Is the 2032R (I believe it was redesigned like the 1025R recently) worth the extra $3k?

Is a MMM rugged enough to handle our mowing needs? (A MMM is appealing for the driveability)

Has Kubota redesigned any similar tractors recently to compete with JD?

Thanks,

For some unknown reason, JD has designed the 2032R with the hydraulic hose routing to the front end loader sticking out from beneath the right hand floorboard, in front of the rear wheel. It's in a carefully engineered location to be precisely where your foot lands should it slip getting on or off the tractor, and in a prime location to be ripped off by any kind of snag you might run over.

For this reason alone, the 2032R is solely useful for neatly groomed terrain.

Kubota and others protect these delicate lines inside the chassis or bodywork of the machine.

You'll note that you'll be hard pressed to find a closeup of a JD 2032 from the right side if it has a loader on it- I believe it to be a coverup :)

I think for that type of acreage and terrain, you'd be happier with a mounted rotary or flail mower, than with the more delicate and expensive mid mount mower. You could even go with a B3200 series Kubota without the mid-PTO option and save some money.

The Mahindra Max28 is also in the physical B3200 size class.

/ 1025R vs 2032R vs Kubota ?? #12  
The 2032R is just a rebadged 2720, been around for quite a few years-also the same as the 2520 but with a bigger engine. Hose routing on that series (including the 2320) has not changed since they came out, and is rarely a problem.

The numbers are changing to a new scheme that JD is going to, the "new" 3E and 3R series was just announces, but they are just rebadged 3x20 machines.

/ 1025R vs 2032R vs Kubota ?? #13  
I think some of the responses may be focusing too much on the "40 acres" and not enough on the "50 hours per year". I would recommend a 2032 class tractor as a minimum only because of the larger tires and ground clearance. It sounds like the 2032 has adequate clearance for your use. Bush hogging 8 acres a few times per year is nothing for a 20 - 30 hp class tractor. If you go to a larger tractor you will lose a little in getting into tight spots at a significant cost. Unless the log skidding is a problem, I would stay with the smaller tractor. If you decide you need a larger tractor, look at the used market.

/ 1025R vs 2032R vs Kubota ??
Thanks for the feedback everyone.

We are going to look at the 2032R this weekend, along with the Kubota 3300.

From the specs and reviews, the 3300 looks like it might be the perfect tractor at the right price.

/ 1025R vs 2032R vs Kubota ?? #15  
I mow trails, about 3 miles' worth, through the woods, etc. with my 1025 and 4010 before it (the 4010 would be equivalent to about a 2019F in today's nomenclature @ JD). I mow with a 4' bush hog because our trails are only 7 to 8 foot wide. The 1025 has quite a bit of ground clearance, think more than the old 2305/2310 models. It's more like the 4010 in ground clearance, etc. but missing its dual brakes. You'll get dual brakes on the 2032 or a 2025 (don't know why you're comparing 1025 to a 2032 when there's a 2025; saw one at the Ohio state fair) and a tad more ground clearance. Refueling will be more difficult if you use 5 gallon containers. The filler is on top.

The 4010 was great for going up and down our hills and sometimes over stuff needing the ground clearance. Wish JD made a 1019R. This one has too much power and drinks too much fuel.

/ 1025R vs 2032R vs Kubota ?? #16  
With out seeing your property in person I think this is a tough question to answer.

The comparable Kubota's to the 1025R are the BX2370 and BX2670. The comparable Kubota's to the 2032 is the B3200 and the B3300SU. You could also go in between these 2 sizes with John Deere 2520 or a Kubota B2620. Will you also be getting a FEL? Any of these tractor may struggle to pull logs depending on the size and terrain.

You need a rotary cutter or a flail mower to maintain your trails.

If you have the money I doubt you will regret a larger tractor.

/ 1025R vs 2032R vs Kubota ?? #17  
The 1025 and/or the 2032 are too small for your needs. The problem with them is their ground clearance. Go to the JD website and pull up the specs on those two tractors. Look at tire size and ground clearance. You'll see very quickly that you are looking at too small of a tractor. I think the 3xxx series would be the smallest that would suit your needs.

In the Kubotas you should look at the B series at a minimum. Also check the L series There are a lot of models to choose from depending on what bells and whistles you want. Probably more choices in those size ranges than Deere offers. Not trying to sway you to either brand. To get a true idea of size you bout need to be standing on a dealers lot. You are considering tractors a LOT smaller than your Massey.

I started with a Kubota B series tractor which is considerably bigger than the JD 1025 or 2032. More like the 3xxx Deere models. When I replaced it I went up to a Kubota L series and got along a lot better. 75% of my work is in timber land. Ground clearance is critical.

As for a MMM, I don't know of any that are designed to mow in conditions such as a timber trail. You're better off to stick with the bush hog type. Your 5ft would work fine on a 3xxx series Deere or L series Kubota.

I like the way you think :thumbsup:

/ 1025R vs 2032R vs Kubota ?? #18  
Hey '94. Isn't the Kabota B3350 more like a deere 2032R? I mean at least it's the only hst Kabota with usable steering brakes. Of course a Kabota B3300 will be cheaper, but so will a deere 3032e. If all of the members here are trying to talk him out of a MMM, then why go after tractors with mid PTOs? If it were me, I'd not let the trails get so tall and cut them monthly with a MMM. Grass in the woods doesn't grow that fast. Skidding logs is tough on tractors, and chainsaw chains, I'm much happier making a couple trips with a loader bucket full of rounds, than having to saw a log that is packed full of skid dirt.

/ 1025R vs 2032R vs Kubota ?? #19  
Hey '94. Isn't the Kabota B3350 more like a deere 2032R? I mean at least it's the only hst Kabota with usable steering brakes. Of course a Kabota B3300 will be cheaper, but so will a deere 3032e. If all of the members here are trying to talk him out of a MMM, then why go after tractors with mid PTOs? If it were me, I'd not let the trails get so tall and cut them monthly with a MMM. Grass in the woods doesn't grow that fast. Skidding logs is tough on tractors, and chainsaw chains, I'm much happier making a couple trips with a loader bucket full of rounds, than having to saw a log that is packed full of skid dirt.

The B3350 is a cab tractor.

I could use the independent brakes on my L4240 but I leave them locked together.

The B3300SU doesn't have a mid PTO.

I agree skidding logs is tough on chainsaw chains. I cut my wood were the tree falls.

/ 1025R vs 2032R vs Kubota ?? #20  
Oh. So there is no replacement for a Kubota B3030 orops? Is your L a gst?