1025R vs 2032R vs Kubota ??

/ 1025R vs 2032R vs Kubota ?? #21  
Oh. So there is no replacement for a Kubota B3030 orops? Is your L a gst?

The B3200 and B3300 are the same size ROPS tractors. I don't think they have a new model for them out yet.

My 4240 is HST. I can reach the brakes with my left foot or use the cruise control and my right foot on the brake.

/ 1025R vs 2032R vs Kubota ?? #22  
My 4240 is HST. I can reach the brakes with my left foot or use the cruise control and my right foot on the brake.

Thanks for clearing that up. I guess I understand your reluctance to use the steering brakes.

/ 1025R vs 2032R vs Kubota ?? #23  
Get a proper skid plate for the three point hitch and you won't have dirty logs.

/ 1025R vs 2032R vs Kubota ?? #24  
Get a proper skid plate for the three point hitch and you won't have dirty logs.

Or get a big enough tractor that you can cut the tree into two or three sections, and carry the whole thing away on the FEL with a grapple or forks :)

/ 1025R vs 2032R vs Kubota ?? #25  
Something to think about, a larger framed tractor is MUCH easier on the operator in rough terrain. Our B7500 is MUCH easier on the operator than the BX2660 and the L3830 is easier on the operator than the B7500.
Longer wheelbase and bigger tires (to absorb some of the bumps) makes an amazing difference.

Aaron Z

/ 1025R vs 2032R vs Kubota ?? #26  
A grapple on the front could come down the line, but at $5,000+ isn't in the cards right now as a priority.

I agree with the majority of posters who suggest something a bit bigger than what you initially considered. Grapples have gotten a lot more affordable in the last few years. Everything Attachments (vendor here) has an awesome line of Wicked Grapples that would be under $2K for the size you'd need (I'm getting one before long for my LS).

There are a lot of options now in the larger SCUT or smaller CUT classes that might be just what you're looking for. Tractors seem to shrink when you get them home! Folks will throw darts my way, but if the budget is much of a concern, Deere and Kubota are generally the two most expensive brands to look at. There are others that offer really good machines at a significantly lower price point, and for someone putting in 50-100hrs a year, you're not going to wear it out in any reasonable timeframe.

/ 1025R vs 2032R vs Kubota ??
As someone mentioned, I'm thinking that after the first cut of the season with the brush hog, maintaining the trails with a MMM would be doable and much easier to manage. I see that the B3200 had the mid PTO... are there other big differences between that and the B3300?

As for dragging logs, it was more to remove them from brush so they could be cut up and trailered to the barn. Not to drag them all the way to the barn. I love sharp chains on my Stihl :)

/ 1025R vs 2032R vs Kubota ??
I also came across a few posts about people having over-heating problems on their B series when cutting with a MMM. Is this an actual issue?

/ 1025R vs 2032R vs Kubota ?? #29  
I also came across a few posts about people having over-heating problems on their B series when cutting with a MMM. Is this an actual issue?
Generally speaking, those who have had problems have had dirty radiators. They can look clean, but when you get in there, you find fine chaff and crud built up in the middle of the radiator. A Deere would have the same issue.

Aaron Z

/ 1025R vs 2032R vs Kubota ?? #30  
Yes, be very careful to keep the front grill and radiator fins clean when working in dusty conditions with *any* tractor. The current B models have a very fine mesh on the grill, and it's easy to clean out. Not much dust makes it to the radiator.