Price Check "Price too good to be true"

/ "Price too good to be true" #21  
Re: \"Price too good to be true\"

excellent point. that is what i was thinking. in simple terms, if u have a 30 hp tractor and use it to do chores that require a 60 hp tractor, then your tractor is underbuilt, on the other hand if u use that same 30 hp machine to do tasks that require a 15 hp machine then it is overbuilt. it really is semantics.

/ "Price too good to be true"

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( excellent point. that is what i was thinking. in simple terms, if u have a 30 hp tractor and use it to do chores that require a 60 hp tractor, then your tractor is underbuilt, on the other hand if u use that same 30 hp machine to do tasks that require a 15 hp machine then it is overbuilt. it really is semantics. )</font>

HP (power) is, as I explained above, "energy/work amount at instant time interval". If you use that tractor with 30 HP for attachment which requires 15 HP for infinitesimal/instant time interval, then HP rating and talking about underbuilt/overbuilt would make some sense. Anyways, this is too sophisticated philosophy, although it's in the real life which is much more sophisticated than this. Ok, let me use your way of talking.

You say

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( if u use that same 30 hp machine/tractor to do tasks that require a 15 hp machine then it is overbuilt. it really is semantics. )</font>

If it's semantic, what you are saying is semantic too. If you say this, 30 hp machine/tractor takes the credit- unjustice- In your example, the truth is that that tractor is not overbuilt - it's that you don't know what to use. You don't know, but you rate a machine as underbuilt or overbuilt. No personal off. to you here. It's a mistake of big majority of people.

/ "Price too good to be true" #23  

As per the title & first message of this thread:

A price is too good to be true when the seller or manufaturer compares it to another item from a different manufaturer.

For example, Kubota tractors are pretty well made, and have a good reputation.

I was at one of those 'semi-truck' hardware sales last month, and they had some self-branded Chineese tractors there for sale.

They claimed those tractors were made by the China division of Kubota, and were just as good, but were a lot cheaper.

Now, those tractors were _way_ too "Price too good to be true"!!!!!!!

The castings were all poor, the machine finishes were poor, the iron was rusting already, the hyd control levers were very poorly built.

The seller was comparing these poorly made tractors to a well made tractor, and saying you were getting the same product (a 25 hp tractor with loader) for about 1/2 the money.

No, no, no. You were getting a poorly made, short-lasting tractor. You were NOT getting the same tractor.

It was priced too good to be true.

--->Paul

/ "Price too good to be true" #24  

Rambler, I agree 100% with your analogy. As to Overbuilt wether or not if the terminology is flawed. I would also consider any tool or piece of equipment that meets the publics perception of high quality and serves them well as an established standard. When another manufacturer exceeds those standards and the price is the same! I think that entitles said manufacturer to claim their product is over built.

/ "Price too good to be true" #25  

I would say this site is OVERBUILT!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif