Price Check "Price too good to be true"

/ "Price too good to be true"
Re: \"Price too good to be true\"

You all changed my topic? ok, no problem.

There is a truth in that.
Overbuilt doesn't exist. It's only a adequate reflection of "underbuilt" items. So, we can say all real products on the earth are Underbuilt. If there were any overbuilt item like in the given example above (2002 hp tractor instead of required 1001 hp by attachment), then that 2002 hp tractor would have never been in the salvage area if you use it only for that attachment which requires half of its HP of that so-called overbuilt tractor.

So, returning back to original topic by connecting it to your topic,.. if all items are underbuilt, then isn't that saying "price too good to be true" valid for all items?

/ "Price too good to be true" #12  

Huh?????? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Huh?????? confused )</font>

Why confused? Because my post is more overbuilt than the others above?

/ "Price too good to be true" #14  

Why confused? Because my post is more overbuilt than the others above? )</font>
HUH ?? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ "Price too good to be true" #15  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Overbuilt doesn't exist. It's only a adequate reflection of "underbuilt" items. So, we can say all real products on the earth are Underbuilt. If there were any overbuilt item like in the given example above (2002 hp tractor instead of required 1001 hp by attachment), then that 2002 hp tractor would have never been in the salvage area if you use it only for that attachment which requires half of its HP of that so-called overbuilt tractor.
)</font>

If you contract me to build a bridge for the expressed purpose of transporting 100,000 pound vehicles over it and you require it to last 10 years, and fifty years later it still stands and now carries 500,000 pound vehicles over it. Is that not overbuilt???

/ "Price too good to be true" #16  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( </font><font color="blueclass=small">( Overbuilt doesn't exist. It's only a adequate reflection of "underbuilt" items. So, we can say all real products on the earth are Underbuilt. If there were any overbuilt item like in the given example above (2002 hp tractor instead of required 1001 hp by attachment), then that 2002 hp tractor would have never been in the salvage area if you use it only for that attachment which requires half of its HP of that so-called overbuilt tractor.
)</font>

If you contract me to build a bridge for the expressed purpose of transporting 100,000 pound vehicles over it and you require it to last 10 years, and fifty years later it still stands and now carries 500,000 pound vehicles over it. Is that not overbuilt??? )</font>

NO...... it is just over budget!!!!!!

/ "Price too good to be true" #17  

I know it's just a word game (can't spell semantics /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif), but I look at it as being "underrated" or "overrated".

For example, the bridge is rated at 40 tons. It won't fail at 80,001 pounds of load unless the engineer is on drugs. The design was for something in excess of the 40 tons, and the difference between the design and the rating is the safetry factor. It could have actually been designed for 60 tons and tagged 40. The more "underrated" something is, the more "overbuilt" it appears to be........................chim

There is no word game here. The game/problem is in definitions of terms which people have different understandings. Such confusions are due to the education system on the earth which is claimed to be objective. We see it's not. I will explain what I am trying to tell by an example/s;

That bridge's real rate is not 100,000 pounds actually, but more than 500,000 pounds. They don't say the truth (its real rate) and they say it is an "overbuilt" bridge.

Lets take a simpler example; a tractor. What quantity/parameter do you use to rate it? HP or KW, i.e. Power, isn't it? What's the simplest definition of the term Power? It's energy per time. Enegry units are joule or cal. Then, there is time there. What is it? Usually, it's taken as seconds to find the power. For ex. KW = KiloJoule / Second.
In old days, people didn't know about milliseconds, nanoseconds, etc. So, they usually used "second" as "instant" moment, smallest time interval. Using a tractor for 1 hour energy and calculating its power using "second" may not be a problem. But lets imagine this; your tractor will be used for 1000 (tousand) years to pull the same attachment nonstop. Now, you know how much energy (in joule or calory) you need. Say it is A joules. Divide it to 31536000000 seconds (total seconds in 1000 years) to find the power W. Lets say it is X Watts. Now, do the same by assuming you will use that tractor for 1 hour (3600 seconds). Your energy need is, say, B joules. Divide it to 3600 seconds to calculate the power you need from your tractor. Lets say it is Y Watts.

Now, accoding to the education system/science/technology, X = Y... because it's assumed that energy need changes with time linearly and continuously. And this assumption is valid even for 100000000 years... This is wrong. Science / technology / education system save themselves by introducing a new term like "fatique" not to take the "long term/time" periods in calculating the power. They use "instant energy" concept (usually, for ex., energy amount in 1 second) when calculating the power. But this "instant" time interval is NOT infinitesimal, but only 1 second. Mathematically/theoretically, there may exist an infinitesimal time interval and X may be equal to Y. But physically/in real life, things are different and X is not equal to Y. That's why they define a new term "fatique", a failure in time.

So, as a conclusion, if you consider all factors in designing of which many of them are ignored/neglected by the designers, no product today is overbuilt.

ps: sorry about long post. Next time, will keep it shorter by a simpler example to tell what I meant.

/ "Price too good to be true" #19  

Well if this thread didn't exist.. it would be "too good to be true".

Wake up Neo! The Matrix has you!

I never watch any movie. But this is a movie, I heard.
"It must be too simple to be true" as it's only a movie.
This thread is real.
Have your say on my original (first) post in this thread?