Buying Advice Kubota or Kioti or Mahindra or LS or McCormick????

/ Kubota or Kioti or Mahindra or LS or McCormick???? #1  

PWM3rd

Tractor
Kubota L3800 HST
I am "cross-eyed" from trying to decide which direction to go with purchasing a compact tractor! After hours on-line, on Craigslist, at dealerships I'm looking for some "time tested experience" from "YOU" the end-user of a compact tractor:) I have about 6 acres of field/timber/ditches property with a small 3/4 acre pond. I also have horses on the property with a large Wick building..half stable/half work shop. Because I'm continually fighting the vegetation that grows along property lines (weeds, spindly trees, etc) and along the pond banks, I need my tractor set up with FEL, BH and bush-hog capabilities. I'm really wanting a compact tractor that will handle the "daily" up keep for keeping my property looking manicured. I'm not wanting the "Cadillac/Lexus" of compact tractors but definitely not the "Ford Pinto" either so I've tried to research with that perspective in mind. I just about pulled the trigger on a used Kubota BX-24 but decided it was too small for the property. Any direction/advise will be taken to heart as I make my decision on what direction to go. Thanks to all! PWM3rd in Illinois.:thumbsup:

/ Kubota or Kioti or Mahindra or LS or McCormick???? #2  
You are gonna get all kinds of responses. After I compared them all it came down to Deere and Kubota. I landed on the Deere 3x20 series because the dealer was great. The 3x20 series is the perfect size for the acreage you have. Buy the dealer.

/ Kubota or Kioti or Mahindra or LS or McCormick???? #3  
The reply's here will be folks talking about 'their' favorite brand of tractor.

You wont go wrong with any of the major brands.

Kubota has done me Very well since 1984.

/ Kubota or Kioti or Mahindra or LS or McCormick???? #4  
Three Kubota's and 2300 hours and minimal problems:eek:ur choice.Choose the "dealer" would be my recommendation.In the Kubota line the "B" as a minimum and may-be a small "L".

/ Kubota or Kioti or Mahindra or LS or McCormick???? #5  
It can be a little overwhelming with all the choices available but you have come to some conclusions with what you've written. IMO, good decision on backing out of a subcompact for your property as described. You could do all your chores with a subcompact but with your woods etc. ground clearance and pto power should be a consideration. For example, I would not consider anything smaller sized than the largest Kubota B which is a 32/3300 and since you outlined no need for a mid pto the B3300 could be a better choice between those two as far as price. However, Depending on your budget the smaller Kubota Grand L would be nice and in comparison to that check out Kioti similar sized models with similar standard features. A lot of members are quite happy with the Kioti's as well as LS etc. so I am not recommending a particular brand as I think quality is good across the board of the top brands. The dealer can make a difference once you get things narrowed down.

I would think around 25 pto hp at a minimum and you will enjoy having a BH. Quick attach FEL bucket is nice with pallet forks. I've done the trade up in size routine and am happy I did. Save some money and get a size that you want from the get go. Keep checking out tractors in person and reading and small details will become more apparent as what is important to you.

What is your choice so far if cost was not an issue? You can always scale back once you get over sticker shock! Good luck and post some of your thoughts on what you you've looked at so far.

/ Kubota or Kioti or Mahindra or LS or McCormick???? #6  
What was the attitude of the Dealers you visited. What is your Budget? What is the max you need to lift with a FEL. Why do you need a BH? Or is it a want?

/ Kubota or Kioti or Mahindra or LS or McCormick???? #7  
You are not going to go wrong with any of the brands you mentioned, I like Kioti, but I have owned 2 Kubotas too. Read and research is all I can tell you to do.. I think you need something from 25 to 35 horsepower. I prefer a slightly larger tractor, for its lifting capability as I do a lot of loader work. I would suggest operating as many of the brands and sizes as you can to get a feel for your needs. I prefer Hydrostatic transmissions for ease of use, and I prefer a tractor with telescoping lower links and stabilizers for ease of hookup on the 3 point hitch. I am getting older and I am all about easy of use:) Good Luck, and if you have a specific question about anything, get back with us.

James K0UA

/ Kubota or Kioti or Mahindra or LS or McCormick???? #8  
All the brands mentioned are good tractors. I would let the attitude/relationship with the dealer sell me on the brand.

/ Kubota or Kioti or Mahindra or LS or McCormick???? #9  
Wow I am proud of you guys, all grown up adult answers! I opened up this thread and just assumed there would be a totally different attitude taken one time I liked being wrong!

Oh yea can't improve on the answers given so far, I would also agree with the minimum of 25HP at the PTO.

/ Kubota or Kioti or Mahindra or LS or McCormick???? #10  
Kioti is a very good tractor, a solid company and brand and brand I think you have a dealer in you have a dealer in
your area. I would look at a CK35 which is the mid frame size and 35 hp.. Handles a backhoe well and a 5' cutter. Also recommend hydro trans.. For the money especially compared to Deere and Kubota, you can't go wrong. Has several features that the others don't have such as telescoping draft links, tilt wheel, removable loader, quick-attach (skid-steer) bucket, loader valve integrated w/ the tractor and 3 range hydro..

If you go to Deere and/or Kubota, their two models in this range (L3400 and 3032E) don't compare feature wise to the CK's but in the same price range or still a little higher.

You definitely get the best value w/ a Kioti and a 4 yr. warr. on major components.