Tractor & hoe...Deere 4105, Bota L3800, LS R4041, Mahindra 4025, or?

/ Tractor & hoe...Deere 4105, Bota L3800, LS R4041, Mahindra 4025, or?
Just thinking to myself but a used hoe would probably be the better route either way. Put savings toward better tractor.

Got several projects waiting on my decision but might be best to rent mini ex for those and wait on buying b hoe until find decent used

/ Tractor & hoe...Deere 4105, Bota L3800, LS R4041, Mahindra 4025, or? #22  
L3800 and JD 4120 are very highly rated on this site. LS G3033 is too. Figure LS R4041 would be but probably hasn't been around long enough

In the LS section there are more 4041 owners than anything else except maybe R3039s....as best I can tell...haven't seen many/any significant complaints. It's only recently I've seen more folks buying the G series, which are a bit more basic. I would get a G3038 before a G3033 because the 3038 has 300lbs more lift capacity on the FEL.

/ Tractor & hoe...Deere 4105, Bota L3800, LS R4041, Mahindra 4025, or? #23  
Sounds like you're narrowing down what you want.

I think getting the backhoe attachment after you've used the tractor for a while is a fine idea. Try out a few at the dealership or through other folks you may know. Consider the 4k-8k you'll put into a used one...and then think how many times you can rent a mini-excavator AND not have to worry about maintaining the darn thing or detaching it. Not saying you won't want the backhoe (I want one!) but in a commercial setting it really might be more efficient to just rent out the equipment needed for a specialized jobs.

Test drove a Kubota L4600, L4060, and a MX5100 today. The Grand L4060 is nice. Really too nice. Loved the joystick on the fender. The MX5100 is probably the best fit out of the 3. Will find comparable JD and LS model tomorrow.

A stout 3000 series will dig trenches and move gravel, but is the difference between that and a 5000 series substantial? Will a loader with 1400lbs capacity at pivots be able to move a full load of gravel? The MX5100 is 2400 at pivot.

Wanted to stay around 30k but i'm tempted to spend more. Wife has ok'd 450 payment and can go out 72 months or so. Can put down what i need to get payments there. Just really want to buy right. Hold onto for 30 years.

The service manager at the Kubota dealership said finding a used kubota b hoe attachment would be very difficult. Might just wrap that into financing.

I'm talking myself into a more powerful tractor. Am I crazy because as I think bigger I start doing this in the living room... :cool2:

Last edited:
In the LS section there are more 4041 owners than anything else except maybe R3039s....as best I can tell...haven't seen many/any significant complaints. It's only recently I've seen more folks buying the G series, which are a bit more basic. I would get a G3038 before a G3033 because the 3038 has 300lbs more lift capacity on the FEL.

Was looking at the top 50 reviewed tractors and the LS G3033 is on the list. Didn't see the 4041 on there but maybe those owners don't submit reviews very often for some reason. 4041 owners are probably out working their's and the 3033 owners are sitting on the couch browsing the internet :)

/ Tractor & hoe...Deere 4105, Bota L3800, LS R4041, Mahindra 4025, or? #26  
Test drove a Kubota L4600, L4060, and a MX5100 today. The Grand L4060 is nice. Really too nice. Loved the joystick on the fender. The MX5100 is probably the best fit out of the 3. Will find comparable JD and LS model tomorrow.

A stout 3000 series will dig trenches and move gravel, but is the difference between that and a 5000 series substantial? Will a loader with 1400lbs capacity at pivots be able to move a full load of gravel? The MX5100 is 2400 at pivot.

Wanted to stay around 30k but i'm tempted to spend more. Wife has ok'd 450 payment and can go out 72 months or so. Can put down what i need to get payments there. Just really want to buy right. Hold onto for 30 years.

The service manager at the Kubota dealership said finding a used kubota b hoe attachment would be very difficult. Might just wrap that into financing.

I'm talking myself into a more powerful tractor. Am I crazy because as I think bigger I start doing this in the living room... :cool2:

I don't understand why you are looking for a tractor with fel and then look into adding a backhoe but are not considering a tlb? The fel on most tlbs' are more sturdy than the ag fels are and there isn't any difference in removing and replacing the backhoe on any of them. Now you are asking about a 5000 size machine that likely won't be much different in hp from an M59. Good luck with whatever you buy but I would warn you about buying too small and lesser equipped machine if you wan't to keep it for many years.

/ Tractor & hoe...Deere 4105, Bota L3800, LS R4041, Mahindra 4025, or? #27  
Of the Kubotas, the MX is the value tractor. The 4600 is more $ and less ability than the MX. I'm sure the grand L is very nice, but I don't personally consider the premium features to be worth the expense. The MX is a super capable tractor that isn't too costly and still says Kubota on the side.

You'll probably still find more features on the LS, but to me the price tag on the MX, combined with a great local dealer and a great reputation made it a simple choice. Good luck, keep us posted.

/ Tractor & hoe...Deere 4105, Bota L3800, LS R4041, Mahindra 4025, or? #28  
I dont think their is any tractor currently made that isnt capable of lifting a full bucket of gravel. So comparing a 3000 series to the mx5100, they will both do just fine. But obviously the 5100 has a larger bucket...

I don't understand why you are looking for a tractor with fel and then look into adding a backhoe but are not considering a tlb?

I was under the impression that switching implements was more difficult on tlb's and thought the number of attachments were limited. Really don't know much about them except they are stouter and more money than the same size tractor.

I need to get to my backyard, live in the city but have a couple acres, and have to go through 89" carport. Will fold down rops on tractor. Need to look at height of tlb canopy. Most digging will be 40' trenches at most and 2-3' deep. But i'll probably use the backhoe once a month. I hate renting. And since I won't be using BH everyday i figured I could put more money into attachments and save some on BH by going smaller. Need bush hog, boxblade, pallet forks, and who knows what else. want something that is very flexible...many attachments but at the same time handle projects with relative ease.

Working around houses is very important, but the length and width difference between a 3k and 5k series doesn't look like much. Seems like 3k series will accomplish what i want to do. A 4 series will probably do it in an amount of time that won't cause me to start cussing and hate that i didn't get something bigger. If i can get an economy 5 series for same as nicer 4 series...why not :)

Of the Kubotas, the MX is the value tractor. The 4600 is more $ and less ability than the MX. I'm sure the grand L is very nice, but I don't personally consider the premium features to be worth the expense. The MX is a super capable tractor that isn't too costly and still says Kubota on the side.

You'll probably still find more features on the LS, but to me the price tag on the MX, combined with a great local dealer and a great reputation made it a simple choice. Good luck, keep us posted.

Yeah, i agree. Need to go over specs more but i like the MX5100, most capable for about same price. All were quoted with tractor and fel. The 4600 was actually 1k less than mx and the grand L was 2k more.

L4600 hst & La764 ~ 27k
mx5100 hst & La844 ~ 28k
L4060 hst & La805 = ~ 30k

I can get the L3800 HST, Loader, and BH for around $30k. Just worried i'd be going small.

Still am going to check out JD and LS tomorrow...

I dont think their is any tractor currently made that isnt capable of lifting a full bucket of gravel. So comparing a 3000 series to the mx5100, they will both do just fine. But obviously the 5100 has a larger bucket...

Yeah probably dumb gravel question, still trying to get a good understanding of real world difference between different pto hp, hydro pump specs, weight and real world capabilities. Right now I am basically analyzing specs.

Thank god i'm getting some feedback.