Tractor & hoe...Deere 4105, Bota L3800, LS R4041, Mahindra 4025, or?

/ Tractor & hoe...Deere 4105, Bota L3800, LS R4041, Mahindra 4025, or?
I have recently been using a Mahindra 4110 borrowed from a friend. We bought tractors about the same time. I can say that my Kubota B3200 is easier to transport and is very nimble in tight spaces as compared to the Mahindara.

Test drove a B3200 HST a few days ago and like it, but still trying to figure out what size tractor is best for me. Will look into attachments you mentioned. Thanks for the advice

I Just recently got a Kioti DK40 HST with a loader and backhoe. It is a nice machine and so far it seems to be a work horse. I would recommend taking a look at them.

Closest Kioti dealer is an hour and a half away. I'm concerned that's too far. Probably isn't but want to weed out closer brands before I look further away. Wish Kioti and TYM were closer because they seem to be very good tractors. I sort of rate them same as LS in my mind. Good enough to buy if can't swing a similar kubota or jd. Might be way off base though

/ Tractor & hoe...Deere 4105, Bota L3800, LS R4041, Mahindra 4025, or? #43  
If you looked at a Kubota B3200 and saw the price of a M59, consider looking at the smallest 2 Kubota construction TLB's, the B26 and L39. For what you outlined as to power, compactness, toughness, reliability, and ease of transport, the B26 would more than handle your workload as listed. Check out the optional features available, in any event, you would have a bulldog of a workhorse.

Do a search on B26 or L39 on the site. The only disadvantage on the above units is the FEL is semi permanent attached, but there are reasons for that.

If you continue to look at tractor TLB's I would suggest getting a BH from the git go, ii will be less if it is part of initial deal. Kioti, Massey, and as you read on the site LS seems to also be getting very good reviews. Good luck in your search!

/ Tractor & hoe...Deere 4105, Bota L3800, LS R4041, Mahindra 4025, or? #44  
I think you are way off base on your thinking of the other brands. TYM, LS and Kioti all make some very nice machines and TYM and LS make machines for others that are sold with different name badges. You need to get out and look at all the machines and compare options as standard or with those options added to the other brand to get a true feel of the price point. I paid thousands less for my DK40 than you were quoted for that L3800 and got a lot more machine. I figure I could have saved even more if I went with the 35HP Kioti but the comfort level of the DK and the loss of the treadle pedal was a big factor for me.

You also need to be patient and watch for special offers from each company such as free loader programs and compare prices offered from both far and close dealers. I had been quoted some better prices from some dealerships that were a few hours out. They were more than enough to merit the drive and I actually told the dealers that were close how much those offers were. Most were able to find ways to match or at least come so close to the prices that the drive wasn't needed and I was able to buy close to home.

Son on his great grand dad's massey...

IMG_0763.jpg

I think he recommended the M59 because he thought you were going to be using it a lot. By your first post it sounded like you were going to be using the tractor commercially. Are you going to be using this machine daily, weekly, or monthly?

Was messing with jenkinsph a bit. I will be using it commercially but i'm not a contractor making money off of each job. I own rent houses and rent mini ex's or skid steers when required but have managed to get by for many years without owning. Have dug by hand or on bigger jobs rented equipment or hired out. I moved gravel with a 5 gallon bucket and spread with a rake. This is how I survived and now I can afford some mechanical help :). This purchase will basically save me some money every now and then, but to be honest, will save me physically, hopefully, for the rest of my life.

I'm 36 years old and I can't remember a time when my shoulder, back, or knees didn't hurt. Not slight pain when it comes to shoulder. I need rotator cuff surgery now. When it's bad i can't lift a light bag of groceries with that arm. It's been that way for ten years.

I'm at the point that buying a stout compact tractor with backhoe might not be the wisest business decision financially, but it comes close enough that it will not put the business in a bind and hopefully allow me to play in the yard with my son for many many years.

Might have a second son...or daughter. Wifes pregnant. Wife, son, and i went to doctor yesterday. Saw babies heartbeat. 7 weeks along.

Now i need two tractors to pass down

/ Tractor & hoe...Deere 4105, Bota L3800, LS R4041, Mahindra 4025, or? #46  
1st write down your needs 2nd write down your wants. 3rd get some seat time. 4th price the machine.

Do a search on B26 or L39 on the site. The only disadvantage on the above units is the FEL is semi permanent attached, but there are reasons for that.

Looking them up as i type. Wait, that's not possible...

1st write down your needs 2nd write down your wants. 3rd get some seat time. 4th price the machine.

Have put this off but about to put all tractors i'm considering in excel. Might be too **** but i'm known for analyzing "too g#d d#mn m&ch". Please don't judge harshly on my cussing. Live in the bible belt but i believe God really does't give a sh@t about words, as long i'm not using them to hurt someone :)

/ Tractor & hoe...Deere 4105, Bota L3800, LS R4041, Mahindra 4025, or? #49  

I agree with murphy, that is good advice. I would also recommend you talk to your accountant to get an idea of the depreciation over 5 years. With tractors holding their value better than cars and trucks ownership cost over a 20 year period is a bargain.

I agree with murphy, that is good advice. I would also recommend you talk to your accountant to get an idea of the depreciation over 5 years. With tractors holding their value better than cars and trucks ownership cost over a 20 year period is a bargain.

Definitely, and after looking at the Kubota L39 I am trying to figure out a way to get it to my backyard. Really nice machine! No hst option though. Think the L45 has hst but might be too expensive.

4b5790d0-f404-4d96-8d24-b9674e9f544a.jpgb0ec90ad-e1b3-494f-8aab-ac67ff5961d7.jpgdf2d0f08-00b1-4898-a7b2-d9375ddb868b.jpg

I remeasured carport and it's actually 86". Tractor with fold down rops would work but L39 is 96". So I measured the side yard and iv'e got 100" of width but would have to remove brick planter, a few small trees, change out gate, and drive through front yard :eek:. The best solution might be to use my neighbors driveway, through their backyard, and straight to my back lot. My backlot wraps behind their backyard.

Or go with a regular tractor....