Buying Advice Scag is crap Should have bought a Kubota ZTR

/ Scag is crap Should have bought a Kubota ZTR #31  
006.JPG
My current nearest Kubota dealer (biggest in north Texas, I guess, with several locations) also sells Scag ZTRs. The salesman told me, quite some time ago, that Kubota is best, if you want diesel engine, and Scag is best, if you want gasoline engine. Of course, since that's what he sells, you'd expect him to say that, but I also suspect he just might be right.;)

Or get a Scag with a Kubota engine......like this.......

/ Scag is crap Should have bought a Kubota ZTR #32  
My mower has the Kohler 27HP version. I have tried every way to shut the engine off to prevent a backfire. It has backfired in every way I shut it done.
Now with that said, The dealer said the backfire was due to a faulty solenoid on the carb. The factory warranty dept. would not let the dealer replace the solenoid alone and instead instructed them to replace the whole carburetor. Engine never ran consistently right again but the repair shop did not put "2 and 2 " together or at least until now. Yesterday they called to say the engine was running right now but wanted another day to make sure. The shop said they took the new carb apart and put it back together but don't see how that was the problem. The admitted they don't know what they did but it is running.

I don't have any faith in them of course I can hope.

I will post results about the mower if I ever get it back.

Ask them WHY they took the new carb apart? What was the reasoning behind doing so? They or you or both don't see how the new carb was the problem? They don't know what they did, but it is running?:confused2: As opposed to what? - not running? ? is: is it fixed?!

/ Scag is crap Should have bought a Kubota ZTR #33  
I domod one a couple years back. Ended up buying the Wright standers instead.

/ Scag is crap Should have bought a Kubota ZTR #34  
I domod one a couple years back. Ended up buying the Wright standers instead.
IMHO I have owned Ferris & Kubota 326 pro(diesel) and feel they are the best ZTR,s.LOL.

Attachments

• Ford Truck 125.jpg
    Ford Truck 125.jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 113
  • Ford Truck 122.jpg
    Ford Truck 122.jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 147
   / Scag is crap Should have bought a Kubota ZTR #35  
IMHO I have owned Ferris & Kubota 326 pro(diesel) and feel they are the best ZTR,s.LOL.
That can't be.
I've owned 2 Hustlers, so they must be the best;)

/ Scag is crap Should have bought a Kubota ZTR #36  
   / Scag is crap Should have bought a Kubota ZTR #38  
   / Scag is crap Should have bought a Kubota ZTR #39  
I have currently 2 z mowers and used to have a toro. I have a john deere and a hustler
The john deere is for personal use, and the hustler commercial. I have driven most of the major brands. I dont know about scag but I love the hustler. It is a much better mower then the deere. The only down side to the hustler is it doesnt have very good traction.

/ Scag is crap Should have bought a Kubota ZTR #40  
Don't use them for commercial use but my brother is a long time Dixon user and fan. Owns 2 of em.

Anybody care to comment on Bad Boys ??????????