What color

/ What color #1  

tooln

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45SE-HST
I'm in the market for a CUT in the 35-45 HP range. I've got quotes on a JD 3038e, New Holland Work Master 40 & a Kioti DK45SE HST. All are near the same price. From the specs the Kioti weighs more, has a higher hyd. flow (gpm) and rated to lift more than the other 2. JD & NH are names I know, are the Kioti's any good? Thanks for your input.

/ What color #2  
tooln,

Yes, Kioti is a good tractor. Add to your list LS and Mahidra tractors. All are good tractors, you need to find the tractor brand that best fills your needs and your body.

/ What color #3  
I cant believe that you haven't looked at Kubota or LS tractors. LS has been around for many years but only came to the USA about 5 years ago. They build many of the CUT tractors for other brands including New Holland. Check them out, they are usually a bit cheaper and have standard features that other brands consider options and charge extra for like rear remote hydraulics.

/ What color #4  
Do a search of dealers in your area and keep an open mind.As stated a lot of the compact tractors the "main" manufactures carry are built by someone else and somewhere else.

/ What color
I cant believe that you haven't looked at Kubota or LS tractors. LS has been around for many years but only came to the USA about 5 years ago. They build many of the CUT tractors for other brands including New Holland. Check them out, they are usually a bit cheaper and have standard features that other brands consider options and charge extra for like rear remote hydraulics.

I have considered Kubota and it was one of my top 3. But it came off because I don't like the treadle.

/ What color #6  
I have considered Kubota and it was one of my top 3. But it came off because I don't like the treadle.

The treadle peddle was the biggest disappointment I had with the Kabota. I went with the Kioti DK40 and couldn't be happier with its performance so far!

/ What color #7  
The treadle peddle was the biggest disappointment I had with the Kabota. I went with the Kioti DK40 and couldn't be happier with its performance so far!

I have both a Kioti and a Kubota, and I can switch between the treadle peddle on the Kubota and the twin pedals of the Kioti with no problems. That would not be a factor if I was buying a tractor.

/ What color #8  
I'm in the market for a CUT in the 35-45 HP range. I've got quotes on a JD 3038e, New Holland Work Master 40 & a Kioti DK45SE HST. All are near the same price. From the specs the Kioti weighs more, has a higher hyd. flow (gpm) and rated to lift more than the other 2. JD & NH are names I know, are the Kioti's any good? Thanks for your input.

The WorkMaster series isn't really a direct comparison to the others... It's a more basic model, the ones you mentioned from JD & Kioti have much more features.

You'll need to instead compare the Boomer 47 (or the LS XR4046)... also look at Massey if they are near you.

/ What color #9  
A Kioti DK45SE is a very nice machine with a lot more capability and features than the other two you mentioned....and a really powerful loader. Dollar for dollar, Kioti is hard to beat and they've got enough history now that I would be confident they'll be around for the long haul.

/ What color #10  
I have both a Kioti and a Kubota, and I can switch between the treadle peddle on the Kubota and the twin pedals of the Kioti with no problems. That would not be a factor if I was buying a tractor.

I assure you the rocker pedal was the main reason the Kabota was taken off my list. Just because some folks don't mind it dosnt mean others will or can tolerate it.
Ever single Kabota dealership I went to admitted that many people have not liked the treadle pedal and even admitted that they have lost some sales due to it. Why should I pay the kind of money we pay for one with things I/we simply cant stand when we can go down the road a few miles and get something that has a much better user friendly system for the same or less money? Yes it is a deal breaker for me and if I had to start shopping again tomorrow it would be again!
There are many good machines out there to choose from and if the manufacture wants to install a cheep and uncomfortable system for whatever reason and force it on you with no other options then vote with your wallet and buy the machine that conforms to your wishes/needs and wants not some other persons Idea of what they can or should tolerate .