What color

/ What color #11  
tooln,

Yes, Kioti is a good tractor. Add to your list LS and Mahidra tractors. All are good tractors, you need to find the tractor brand that best fills your needs and your body.

I thought the Workmaster is an LS in N.H. garb.

/ What color #12  
Of the 3 tractor the OP mentioned, the Kioti is the best choice. The JD and the NH are the basic economy models, while the Kioti is the deluxe tractor of that series. If you have a good quote on a DK, get it, because the series is no longer in production and are becoming very hard to find now new. The DK is also thought of very highly around here. If you want the comparable JD, look at the R series, although they are quite a bit more expensive. Also the Kubota Grand L series does not have the treadle, and very nice tractors, although you are looking at about 30K baseline. LS is good too, although they are quite a bit lighter for their horsepower than I think they should be, this can be good or bad depending on use. I could name every maker out there, but you have to set limits somewhere. In my opinion, when I looked a few months ago, the Kioti DK was the best value tractor in terms of horsepower and features for the price. I ended up with a CK for size reasons, but in your case, especially with JD dealers attitude, I would go with the DK and not look back.

Some bias here, but not much. If not Kioti, definitely look at LS, and the Kubota Grand L3560 if it's in your budget.

/ What color #13  
I assure you the rocker pedal was the main reason the Kabota was taken off my list. Just because some folks don't mind it dosnt mean others will or can tolerate it.
Ever single Kabota dealership I went to admitted that many people have not liked the treadle pedal and even admitted that they have lost some sales due to it. Why should I pay the kind of money we pay for one with things I/we simply cant stand when we can go down the road a few miles and get something that has a much better user friendly system for the same or less money? Yes it is a deal breaker for me and if I had to start shopping again tomorrow it would be again!
There are many good machines out there to choose from and if the manufacture wants to install a cheep and uncomfortable system for whatever reason and force it on you with no other options then vote with your wallet and buy the machine that conforms to your wishes/needs and wants not some other persons Idea of what they can or should tolerate .

There's no reason you should buy one if it bothers you. But just because it bothers some people, doesn't mean it will bother the OP. And vice versa, just because it doesn't bother me doesn't mean it won't bother him.

My point was that someone who is new to tractors shouldn't cross Kubota off their list just because of the treadle peddle design.

This is sorta like the old BMW motorcycle turn signal switch design. There were people who hated it, and others who loved it, and others (like me) that just didn't care. I had multiple bikes with both kinds of switches, and never gave it a second thought.

/ What color #14  
Growing up, my father had a Troy Bilt gtx18 that had a "treadle" style setup. I can honestly say that I prefer that over the "separate peddle's" design that is on my JD garden tractor and on my Mahindra 4035. I think i like the treadle design just because I spent a good amount of time using that setup, so thats all I was use too.

Sorry for getting off topic on this thread lol.

I actually pulled the trigger on a Mahindra 4035HST a few weeks ago. I also worked into the deal a 6' LandPride cutter and 7' LandPride rake w/wheels. I liked the 0% for 84 deal as I was looking to keep my payment lol. I shopped around, looking at Kubota, Deere and Massey, but I like what I was getting with the Mahindra 4035 as far as specs go and liked the financing options. I was interested in Kioti and LS, but never really pursued them.

Instead of buying the expensive brand tractors(Deere,Kubota), the money you save by going to say Mahindra, Kioti, LS, might allow you to move up in tractor size or buy attachments.... just some food for thought. I like my Deere ridding tractors and Backhoe(1966 JD300), but couldn't justify spending more money. My advice is, take your time and do your research till you know exactly what you want. Good Luck!!!

/ What color #15  
Actually if he looked at it and sat on one and didn't like it even sitting still he should skip it and go to an other brand with a more comfortable set up. It really dosnt matter if he is new to tractors or not. What matters is what he likes and is comfortable with especially since he is new!

/ What color #16  
I've had two Kiotis and would buy another without hesitation. Major bang for the buck advantages over JD, NH and Kubota for equally reliable well featured tractors. Downside is smaller dealership network. My 2007 DK40se HST has never needed to go back to a dealer. I change fluids myself and the only warranty issue was a leaking fuel bowl after three years. My dealer and the UPS man got me the replacement part in three days. Very happy ten year Kioti owner here.

Last edited:
   / What color #17  
I went from a gear drive (crash box, not a fancy shuttle shift) Kubota to a Grand L with the treadle pedal, and didn't much like it at first... but then, after using the tractor several times, I realized I was getting used to it, no problem! It actually works pretty well for the intended purpose. And, from what I read here on TbN over the years, Kioti is definitly worth giving consideration.

/ What color #18  
I went from a gear drive (crash box, not a fancy shuttle shift) Kubota to a Grand L with the treadle pedal, and didn't much like it at first... but then, after using the tractor several times, I realized I was getting used to it, no problem! It actually works pretty well for the intended purpose. And, from what I read here on TbN over the years, Kioti is definitly worth giving consideration.

I went the other way. My first Kioti CK20 had the treadle pedal and the DK has dual pedals. I was used to the treadle but never particularly liked having my foot trapped in the same position on the pedal all the time. The dual pedal system allows you to move your heel around. I could use either system without problem but rather prefer the separate pedals now.