Cab or no Cab

/ Cab or no Cab
The 4608 is a big machine to play around in the woods.
I would be afraid to break windows or tear off lights or flashers, not to mention low branches.
Mine is platform and I am happy with it.
The kind of money they ask for a cab...I just could not justify that !

Too big for the woods MIB ? Thoughts...
I started out looking at the JD 5075e.
Im convinced given some other tasks that the hP s what I need, but the size does make me a wee nervous.
Problem is have o pay HST on a smaller tractor under 60 hP, so I was thinking this would have better resale afterwards ..

/ Cab or no Cab #12  
Too big for the woods MIB ? Thoughts...
I started out looking at the JD 5075e.
Im convinced given some other tasks that the hP s what I need, but the size does make me a wee nervous.
Problem is have o pay HST on a smaller tractor under 60 hP, so I was thinking this would have better resale afterwards ..

She'll fit in the woods just fine. If there isn't eight feet between two trees they are crowding each other and the lessor of the two needs to go to the wood pile.

/ Cab or no Cab #13  
A cab would last until the third trip into the woods for me. (short memory... Heck, I've crashed the ROPS twice now)

Sometimes terrain dictates the available space.

A moose walked through our lot a few years back. Must of had a 6 foot rack. The fellow stopped twice to jog his path over and back. I took it as a sign ;-)

/ Cab or no Cab #14  
If I bought a second tractor it would have a cab. I only have one tractor, and I don't want a cab on it.

/ Cab or no Cab #15  
For the cost of a factory cab I could probably pay someone else to plow my driveway for 15 years/winters.

/ Cab or no Cab #17  
I used to take tractors through the woods and tree limbs when younger. Now that I am paying for them I am more careful to trim the branches and take care of the entire tractor. That in turn takes care of the cab glass too.

If I lived in Ontario a cab would be my first choice.

/ Cab or no Cab #18  
I had a late 70's IH 2500b with a cab for 10 years that got used "in the woods". Every light, mirror, and piece of glass with the exception of the rear window was broken or cracked. For woods work, I'd never have another cabbed machine. For field work, it was great in cold weather, but no air conditioning made it an oven in the summer.

/ Cab or no Cab #19  
Just always drive with the FEL up in the air to break any limbs off before they break the glass!!! :drink:

/ Cab or no Cab #20  
Just always drive with the FEL up in the air to break any limbs off before they break the glass!!! :drink:

That would bend them back, and then slap into the glass.