Cab or no Cab

/ Cab or no Cab #1  

Horridfiber

Tractor
tbd
Buying a 4608 Massey and going to be in the woods a lot of weekends running the trails, food plotting etc .
Everytime will be a 3 mile run from the cottage to the woods ?
Bugs ? Smashed windows? Windchill ? rain ?

Any thoughts ?

/ Cab or no Cab #2  
I thought I would never own a tractor with a cab, but after borrowing my friends cabbed Kubota and using my RTV1100, my next tractor will be cabbed with heat and air. I am not getting younger, so my comfort is beginning to take priority nowadays.

/ Cab or no Cab #3  
I don't know how a cab will work in your woods.
But if I ever get another tractor it will have a cab.

/ Cab or no Cab #4  
depends on the weather I would think A cab makes sense if you can afford it. Going through the woods you may have clear branches more carefully- but rain, snow, and cold will matter less. ... Of course you will never want to leave it and face the heat of the day, the mosquitoes, the falling sleet!
Make sure the seat reclines and you have room for your legs!

Get a cab- good choice for Ontario!

/ Cab or no Cab #5  
LOTS of old threads on this with strong preferences on both sides. I now run only cab tractors, but had to add brush guards after knocking a hole in my roof. If a person can manage it, they are great, but for some they just aren't practical.

/ Cab or no Cab #6  
The 4608 is a big machine to play around in the woods.
I would be afraid to break windows or tear off lights or flashers, not to mention low branches.
Mine is platform and I am happy with it.
The kind of money they ask for a cab...I just could not justify that !

/ Cab or no Cab #7  
I'm sure this cab or no cab question has been asked quite a few times.
Cab will have its advantages during winter having heat, being out of the windchill, rain, or snow. Also will help keep out bugs in summer.
Disadvantage will be the need to take extra care in the woods watching out for low branches that could easily take out a window.
I spend more time plowing snow than I do in the woods so having a cab with heat is a blessing. The A/C in hot summer is nice too but didn't use it much last summer.
Farmers have got along without cabs for many years. The older I get the more creature comforts I'd like to have. I guess it depends on what creature comforts you want to have.

/ Cab or no Cab #8  
I'm in the same situation as George where I have probably more winter and snow removal use and not too much occasion to go in the woods. I've had two open station tractors but just got a cab model which i decided to purchase after another winter if freezing my keister off. I'm actually looking forward to next winter.

/ Cab or no Cab #9  
My new tractor has a cab but that was for snow removal and it has been great. In the summer I am able to remove the doors if needed and front window pops open, heater fan works ok to circulate the air, water shut off, and to keep comfortable. But I have older tractors with out cab to use.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Cab or no Cab #10  
It comes down to knowing which small limbs will bend and slide by the cab and which are strong enough to damage it. Going slow is your friend but there comes times when you just have to stop and cut the offending limb out of the way. If you are on an open station that same limb would have slapped you in the face so needed to go any way. A slow careful drive down your main woods roads in the spring will let you trim out any offending limbs and let you run up and down the road at speed leaving just your side trips at the end to be more careful about.