Buying Advice The trouble with choices! First time buyer

/ The trouble with choices! First time buyer
I had never heard of the ratchet rake before. It looks like something I might use. I got a lot of low brush to clear, Thankfully I had most of the woodlands on my property logged 8 years ago so no limbs the size of that one on the tractor seat. Though the mess left behind is one of the big things I have to clean up. Those cab protection bar look fairly straight forward I might build a set for whatever tractor I get. After the main clean up the need of the big tractor will be a lot less. I might get something smaller then, but I don't see finishing for several years. I don't think there is any kind of warranty on a used tractor. I not sure what kind of ware and tear cost I am likely to put on this. I am not sure if any of the dealers around here will bundle and finance with a used tractor. I still in all considering mode, so nothing is in stone yet.

/ The trouble with choices! First time buyer #22  
I have read that the insurance Kubota requires when you take out a loan to buy one of their tractors will cover about any sort of mischief, misdeed or accident, but on the other hand, a used tractor isn't likely to need any repairs from "normal" usage, if you just follow maintenance schedules and be sensible. Of course, dropping limbs are altogether another matter. You should be fine with a FEL grapple for your clean up.

/ The trouble with choices! First time buyer #23  
"I'm the boss now" ??? "My wife also jumps in the tractor" Every man on TBN KNOWS that those two statements are mutually exclusive!

Well put.
I took pictures of the tractor and tried to get her to the dealer before I bought. She did go to a John Deere dealer and a Kubota dealer with me. She liked the Kubota HST. I didn't like the steering wheel wasn't adjustable. Herniated disk in my back would scream at me after 8 hours on the Kubota, hunching forward to reach a functional steering position.
In the end, I made the buying decision. Took the loan in my name only, and figured she would be ok with it since she was the only one of us who had ever driven a tractor before so the power shuttle was fine. I'm totally ok with her taking an ownership role with it. She is half owner of everything we have. She is SWAMBO and I am the HMFIC. we work it out.

/ The trouble with choices! First time buyer
So Does any one have any Band/Model suggestions on the Implements, (Ratchet rake, Root Grapple, Rotary Mower, Landscape Rake, Box Blade).

/ The trouble with choices! First time buyer #25  
Any Brand/Model suggestions on the Implements, (Ratchet rake, Root Grapple, Rotary Mower, Landscape Rake, Box Blade).

Surf TODAY'S POSTS. There are threads running on all these topics.

/ The trouble with choices! First time buyer #26  
So Does any one have any Band/Model suggestions on the Implements, (Ratchet rake, Root Grapple, Rotary Mower, Landscape Rake, Box Blade).

I suggest using the Google search at the very top of this board to search and research each of these on TBN to see what may or may not be good for what you want to do. There is a lot of good info on here, so use it and you can't go far wrong.

/ The trouble with choices! First time buyer #27  
Well I went to HS in Cheraw so I'm no stranger to the heat and humidity but you'll have a very hard time maneuvering in the woods with a cab. It also complicates the backhoe a bit, not impossible just not as handy as an open tractor is when using a hoe. Then too you have to spend enough time on it to justify an extra 10 grand for the comfort of AC. But if you insist on the cab, be sure to get the disco ball too.

The factory Cab on my DK45SE HST was 5500.00,well worth it.... a bargain I think;)

/ The trouble with choices! First time buyer #29  

Lots of brands of implements can be used on different tractor makes. If you find a few of interest to you then ask about these specific models. Easier for people to comment on specific implements they have used and/or own.

Should also mention that the Deere 4xxx series tractors do not have an aluminum rear end. That stops with the 3xxx series. When I bought my Deere equipment at various times the discount ranged from 15% to 20% off msrp.

/ The trouble with choices! First time buyer #30  
That would be awesome:laughing:

What! It's not standard equipment with cabs?
We had a guy who used to run the Rubicon, a rock crawling trail, with a disco ball he'd run around the campfire at night. Of course he was called Disco. It takes all kinds.