Kubota B2601 vs Kioti CK2510HST

/ Kubota B2601 vs Kioti CK2510HST #1  

aggc

Hey everyone,

This is a tough one. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a new compact tractor and have narrowed down my choices to either the Kubota B2601 or the Kioti CK2510, both with front end loaders and 60" belly mowers. They are about the same size though the Kioti weighs substantially more. The FEL on the Kioti appears substantially more powerful that the Kubota too. Its capacity is listed at about 150 pounds more than the Kubota. The maximum lift height is also listed at almost 10" higher! Is that possible? The only advantage I see the Kubota has is the 3 speed hydro over Kioti's 2 speed. Also, the Kubota dealer is only 5 miles from me where the Kioti dealer is about 50.

I am going to be using it largely for roto-tilling, some mowing, and some heavy loader work in the fall. I've owned Kubotas for years and have been very happy with them. The Kioti appears to be the more substantial tractor on paper but its hard to say just how accurate those numbers are. Any opinions would be appreciated.

/ Kubota B2601 vs Kioti CK2510HST #2  
The numbers are accurate. Kioti tractors are substantially heavier than Kubota tractors in all classes. It is just a difference in design philosophy. Kubota feels you can always add more weight to a tractor. Weight is a huge advantage in all of your tasks except mowing. There you have to consider how much mowing your are going to be doing and whether you will be doing it in wet conditions. You also need to consider the type of soil you will be mowing over. A lighter tractor like the Kubota can be an advantage in some of these conditions. A lighter tractor is at a disadvantage with your other tasks. I would be comparing the Kioti CK2610 not the CK 2510 though. It has a 3 speed hydro.

/ Kubota B2601 vs Kioti CK2510HST
Thank you for your reply. The mowing will be out in the fields. I'm not worried about leaving any tire marks out there. I have a zero-turn mower I use for around the house. I prefer the mid-mount mower over a pull-behind because I don't like to keep looking behind me when I'm mowing and the mid-mount also seems to add some stability to the tractor and lowers the center of gravity. Like you said, that extra weight could come in handy.

I admit the Kioti sounds like the better option but having a dealer only 5 miles away would be nice. I've had very good luck with Kubotas and that's something I can't overlook.

/ Kubota B2601 vs Kioti CK2510HST #4  
To reach the farther dealer with tractor for service, consider it will be 50 miles X 4 = 200 miles (two round trips). Whether you trailer the tractor or the dealer comes for your tractor with his trailer, that 50 miles X 4 represents quite a bit of time and expense.

Last edited:
   / Kubota B2601 vs Kioti CK2510HST #5  
When Kubota upgraded the B2620 to B2601, it made the choice a bit more difficult. k0ua pretty much sums it up though and he's owned both Kubota and Kioti. I've been really impressed with my brother's CK27, especially the loader. Both mentioned are good tractors, but all things being equal (which they never are), I'd go with the Kioti CK2610. Distance to a good Kioti dealership will keep me from ever owning one though.

/ Kubota B2601 vs Kioti CK2510HST #6  
Aggc, I haven't kicked the tires of either the B2601 or the CK2510, but I agree with James' reply.

From studying the specs a bit, the CK2510 is more substantial in terms of work capacity. I'm assuming at this point that you've actually driven both tractors at the dealers. Both brands are excellent, IMO. You haven't mentioned price points, so I'm also assuming that price isn't the most important factor to you.

Some additional thoughts. Have you ever had a tractor with a belly mower? If not, I'd really reconsider going that route if most of your mowing will be out in the fields. Belly mowers allow close and quick work around trees and in tight places. But they are a royal pain when you want to use your loader. It will suck up most of the 12"+ of the claimed ground clearance on either of those tractors. Removing and reinstalling it will get old real fast if you want to do frequent loader work, even with the "drive over" designs. Also, if you're mowing out in the fields, how often would you have to keep looking back at the cutter?

My other thought is your concern about distance from the dealer. Five miles is nice, but 50 miles isn't bad at all. Chances are pretty small that either of those tractors is going to need anything other than regular maintenance for a long time. If warranty work is required, either dealer should be willing to pick up and deliver for you. Confirm that before you close the deal. :)

/ Kubota B2601 vs Kioti CK2510HST #7  
I just wanted to add my Kioti has never been back to the dealer. I do order parts from him [filters and such].

/ Kubota B2601 vs Kioti CK2510HST #8  
I think you should be comparing the Kioti 2510 to the Kubota L2510.

Take care

870Wing

Yes, Ive owned a Kubota BX2200 I bought new in 2001 when they first came out with them and it has a belly mower on it. I just prefer it.

Other than regular maintenance, the only repairs ever performed on that BX was to replace the powering steering hoses a year ago. It's been a great little tractor. I also own a Kubota ZG23 zero-turn mower and its been equally dependable. I'll ask the Kioti dealer about pickup and delivery. I'm sure they could do it but I'm also sure it wouldn't be for free. Quite a substantial fee for that I believe.

I assume you mean the L2501. That tractor has a larger frame and I'm trying to avoid that.