Kubota B2601 vs Kioti CK2510HST

/ Kubota B2601 vs Kioti CK2510HST #11  
Checking your old posts, I see you have been intermitently shopping since 2006. WOW!

You will know how to evaluate the dealer near/far equation relative to your situation.

/ Kubota B2601 vs Kioti CK2510HST #12  
Seems like the CS series from Kioti is a closer match to the B2601.

/ Kubota B2601 vs Kioti CK2510HST
Lol! No, this is a different tractor. I bought a New Holland TC33DA back in 2006 but sold it a couple years ago. I just never warmed up to it. Too much plastic.

/ Kubota B2601 vs Kioti CK2510HST #14  
I would also think the CK2610 might be a better tractor for you and as pointed out it gets you into the 3 range HST. If the HST was a 3 range on both tractors you were comparing this would be a no brainer for me, Heavier tractor, more able loader wins in my book just about every time. With one machine only being a 2range HST it would come down to the amount of ground you have to cover and how well the 2 range tractor will work in High range.
Distance from the dealer wouldn't play a part in my decision unless it was way out there. I guess it could be said that if I was that concerned about something going wrong I simply wouldn't be buying that product from any dealer even if they were my next door neighbor!

/ Kubota B2601 vs Kioti CK2510HST #15  
I was in your shoes this time last year, considering both machines. I opted for the kubota as my needs were more towards finish grading, lawn install, landscaping and snow blowing. For the amount of time I'm driving over finished turf, I wanted the lighter machine. When I need to do heavy loader work, I add extra weight via 3 pt implements or a cement block.

/ Kubota B2601 vs Kioti CK2510HST
I might add that the Kioti is $1500 less than the Kubota. I drove both over the weekend. The Kubota felt better to me but that's probably because I am used to Kubotas. The Kioti out-specs it in jut about every category though. Most of what I will be doing is breaking up ground and rototilling so I am starting to lean heavily towards the Kioti.

/ Kubota B2601 vs Kioti CK2510HST #17  
I might add that the Kioti is $1500 less than the Kubota. I drove both over the weekend. The Kubota felt better to me but that's probably because I am used to Kubotas. The Kioti out-specs it in jut about every category though. Most of what I will be doing is breaking up ground and rototilling so I am starting to lean heavily towards the Kioti.

What did you end up picking?? Shopping a CK2610HST vs. Kubota B2601 myself right now. I understand the weight-benefits of a tractor, but something about the Kubota that makes it really hard to ignore.....I think it's just the name though......

/ Kubota B2601 vs Kioti CK2510HST #18  
Hi, I know this is an old thread, but it’s still relevant. I have never owned a tractor before, but now find a need after purchasing a home on 5.25 acres. Both the Kioti and Kubota in discussion are fine machines.
As one poster mentioned, the price difference between the Kioti CK2510 and Kubota B2601 is approximately $1500. Looking at the differences, the Kubota has lighter weight and a smaller engine, though with 1 more hp. over the Kioti. The Kubota has a smaller turning radius, arm rests and tilt steering wheel. Mid PTO is included on Kubota but an added expense on the Kioti. Kioti has a suspension seat, and higher hydraulic performance with its higher pump flow.
The Kioti has higher ground clearance and a dedicated seat for the backhoe. The Kubota has quicker travel speeds in forward and reverse. The Kioti has longer overall dimension 109 inches vs Kubotas 95 inches
Both come with 6 year warranties. The price of a mid mount mower is quite high, that you would be better off buying a dedicated lawn tractor, and save racking up the hours on your tractor. There are things I like about both, but the dealer for Kubota is 20 km away, Kioti is over 100 km. though I understand you seldom need dealer support with these machines. I suspect that the fuel consumption will be less with the Kubota, due to smaller engine and lighter tractor weight. Interesting, that horsepower ratings are given, but not torque. The dealers for both, don’t have suitable space to properly test drive either one, just small paved lots.

/ Kubota B2601 vs Kioti CK2510HST #19  
Ron,

What tasks do you need to accomplish with the tractor? Then we can help you determine the correct frame and horsepower size for your property. Also, what’s your budget?

/ Kubota B2601 vs Kioti CK2510HST #20  
Ron,

What tasks do you need to accomplish with the tractor? Then we can help you determine the correct frame and horsepower size for your property. Also, whatç—´ your budget?

Hi,

Well this Kubota B2601 tractor is ~30k Canadian. I want to clear snow in the winter, have a long paved driveway.
We don’t get much snow in Fanny Bay, Vancouver Island, but when it does snow, it is the heavy variety.
As mentioned, our property is 5.25 acres, and has a mix of forest and cleared areas. My wife and I want to turn it into a park like property, as our passion is gardening.
The soil, is a sandy loam containing a high number of rocks of various size. Digging is a chore, with roots and rocks slowing us down. A backhoe and front bucket is a must. Will not be using it for lawn cutting.
Originally was considering a BX series Kubota, but think next size up will be better. BX seems a little too much like a glorified lawn tractor, though I still haven’t discounted it yet.
We pass the Kubota dealer with every trip into town, so a convenient dealer location favours them.
A couple months ago, we paid a contractor with a large excavator to do some clearing for us at a cost of $4000 for 3.5 days work. As a result, the ground is pretty roughed up.