Kubota B2650 vs Yanmar 424

/ Kubota B2650 vs Yanmar 424 #11  
Well I stand corrected. My dealer near me said no it didn't. Now that has me wondering about them as a dealer
Thanks Yanmar Tractor

/ Kubota B2650 vs Yanmar 424 #12  
Powerful,

The Yanmar products are great machines (324 and 424). They are well engineered and to be able to get Japanese engine and tractor build and design for the price of Korean is a heck of a deal.

But in your opening post you mentioned Massey but then indicated you wanted Japanese built quality.

The 3 industry leaders for engine building quality and decades of acceptance are Yanmar, Iseki/Massey, and Kubota. All three have 30 years or more of engine building of Diesel engines and all three are Japanese quality. And all three both design and build the tractors as well as the enginesfor the SCUT and lower Compact sizes.

The only model in those 3 brands I'd consider not top quality is the yanmar 221 because it's design is great but they took off too many features they once offered.

/ Kubota B2650 vs Yanmar 424 #13  
I bought an LS J2023 over 3 years ago and I live on 6 acres. The two range tranny made no difference to me. Out of all the things I could have changed or done different, the two range tranny was not even on the radar. Low range for work and high range for driving around/transport.

I think both are good options though. The two range tranny would not bother me in the least though, especially on a property as small as you're on.

/ Kubota B2650 vs Yanmar 424
I bought an LS J2023 over 3 years ago and I live on 6 acres. The two range tranny made no difference to me. Out of all the things I could have changed or done different, the two range tranny was not even on the radar. Low range for work and high range for driving around/transport.

I think both are good options though. The two range tranny would not bother me in the least though, especially on a property as small as you're on.

Thank you for the insight on the 2 range HST. My worry was that the low would be "too low" and mowing would take forever. But after test driving the Yanmar the low range is a pretty wide range. With the RPM's in the PTO range it scooted along pretty good.

Powerful,

The Yanmar products are great machines (324 and 424). They are well engineered and to be able to get Japanese engine and tractor build and design for the price of Korean is a heck of a deal.

But in your opening post you mentioned Massey but then indicated you wanted Japanese built quality.

The 3 industry leaders for engine building quality and decades of acceptance are Yanmar, Iseki/Massey, and Kubota. All three have 30 years or more of engine building of Diesel engines and all three are Japanese quality. And all three both design and build the tractors as well as the enginesfor the SCUT and lower Compact sizes.

The only model in those 3 brands I'd consider not top quality is the yanmar 221 because it's design is great but they took off too many features they once offered.

I misspoke when I mentioned Massey in my original post, I meant to say New Holland. I went to my local Massey dealer to look at their tractors but they don't carry any of the compact tractors and that's when I stumbled up Yanmar since they were also a Yanmar dealer and had several models in stock.

/ Kubota B2650 vs Yanmar 424 #16  
I was looking at the 424 before finding my B3030. It's a nice tractor and I think you'll be fine with the 2 range HST. They way it's split, it is comparable to the Kubota, (see the images below). The only time I use the low range is for pulling and digging into heavy material. 90% of the time it's in mid range. Even most loader work is done in Mid range 0-5.3.

Yanmar 424...

Screen Shot 08-25-17 at 01.48 PM 001.JPG

Kubota B2650...

Screen Shot 08-25-17 at 01.54 PM.JPG

Well I found a 2017 Yanmar 424 with 116 hours on it. Came with a mid mount mower and a rototiller for a great price.

Thank you to everyone that gave your thoughts and opinions. Now I just gotta start putting this baby to work!

yanmar.jpg

/ Kubota B2650 vs Yanmar 424 #18  
Well I found a 2017 Yanmar 424 with 116 hours on it.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Looks like a brand new machine!!! Good luck with it.

/ Kubota B2650 vs Yanmar 424 #19  
Well I found a 2017 Yanmar 424 with 116 hours on it. Came with a mid mount mower and a rototiller for a great price.

Thank you to everyone that gave your thoughts and opinions. Now I just gotta start putting this baby to work!

View attachment 520083

Don't you just wonder how someone trades in or sells outright a 2017 tractor with implements to boot?

I mean geez . . . a used 2017 in the middle of 2017 . . . . and at a discounted price too? Some people get all the luck. Lol.