Comparison Deere 2025 vs. Mahindra 1526

/ Deere 2025 vs. Mahindra 1526
That is very interesting about the new 2025R- I had no idea about that. Since you seem to know a lot about this let me ask another question(s). So I am about decided on the 2025. I have a quote for $17,100 on it. First question, does that seem like a good enough buy?

Second question: The 3025 is a bit of overkill for what I need but it seems like a lot of tractor for only about $700 more. I could almost get away with a 1025 probably but they just look like riding mowers to me so I decided 2025 is the minimum I will do. If I can get the 3025 for less than a grand more is it worth it for the bigger motor etc? I saw on this forum where guys were getting the 3025 for less than 16k but I am looking at more around 18 for it. I don't need a belly mower and other than the loader being more difficult to get of the 3025 I don't see a downside.

/ Deere 2025 vs. Mahindra 1526 #12  
I would not recommend a Deere "E" model -- it's there to meet a price point but if you are willing to spend more to get a good machine, the "R" models are a much better choice.

/ Deere 2025 vs. Mahindra 1526 #13  
Glad you're shopping around. One thing to keep in mind per your "Buy American" preference, Deere's new 2025R is produced in Augusta, GA. The older (2017 and previous) 2025R's are the Yanmars painted green.

The Deere 3025E would be a direct comparison against the Kubota L2501. The 3025E has better hydraulic flow, turning radius, and an on-the-go PTO. The Kubota's PTO requires you to stop to engage, and it's awkward to do. If you're doing a lot of PTO work, this would be enough to cause me to look elsewhere. Also, Deere has almost a 3mph advantage in transport speed and loader/3 pt lift capacities are virtually the same.

The L2501 would have the advantage in weight, although their weight distribution is less than ideal for loader work. They also have a longer wheelbase.

Good luck with your purchase!

I can tell you must be a dealer -- that is quoting some of Deere's sales scripts. I think anybody that knows these tractors can make a good decision for themselves, and the stuff you're mentioning about the Kubota is either barely an issue or a non-issue. I regularly operate a Deere E model and it is substantially less machine than the Kubota or Mahindra the OP is looking at.

/ Deere 2025 vs. Mahindra 1526 #14  
That is very interesting about the new 2025R- I had no idea about that. Since you seem to know a lot about this let me ask another question(s). So I am about decided on the 2025. I have a quote for $17,100 on it. First question, does that seem like a good enough buy?

Second question: The 3025 is a bit of overkill for what I need but it seems like a lot of tractor for only about $700 more. I could almost get away with a 1025 probably but they just look like riding mowers to me so I decided 2025 is the minimum I will do. If I can get the 3025 for less than a grand more is it worth it for the bigger motor etc? I saw on this forum where guys were getting the 3025 for less than 16k but I am looking at more around 18 for it. I don't need a belly mower and other than the loader being more difficult to get of the 3025 I don't see a downside.

You're getting a good offer on both machines. FYI, they do make a kit for the 3025E that allows you to take the loader off easier, but that may add $300-$400 to the price. If you can get within $1k of the 2017 2025R, I'd go with the 3025E if you don't need a belly mower.

/ Deere 2025 vs. Mahindra 1526 #15  
I can tell you must be a dealer -- that is quoting some of Deere's sales scripts. I think anybody that knows these tractors can make a good decision for themselves, and the stuff you're mentioning about the Kubota is either barely an issue or a non-issue. I regularly operate a Deere E model and it is substantially less machine than the Kubota or Mahindra the OP is looking at.

You pretty much summed up my sentiments as well. Also, it seems almost commonplace that Deere and Kubota dealers have precious little time taking care of customers (potential or existing), which was similar to my own experience. When I told the Deere dealer that I decided not to go with the 3038E and instead buy a Mahindra, he became negative and said "it's poor quality, you'll be sorry down the road". That's a typical response from a used car dealer when you buy from his competitor across the street. When you have rabid fans showing up at your door throwing cash at you wanting to pay full price for your product, you tend to think that you're special and your product is too. With the advent of these internet forums, it has become clear that there are many happy owners of "non-mainstream" products, which many green and orange dealers will readily dismiss from their ivory towers looking down on us peasants. My experience with dealers selling Kioti, Branson, Mahindra, LS, and TYM were very positive -- they were genuinely interested in what I asked about the products and they did not talk negatively about other brands. Anytime I run into sales people who have the attitude "if you don't buy from me, you're stupid" I run away fast. I've come to the conclusion that everyone has their own reasons for buying what they do -- some buy features, comfort, weight, lift capacities, paint color & logos, dealer location, reputation and/or experiences, horsepower, the list goes on. I think it's great that these forums exist, especially when newbies like me are clamoring for feedback from owners and users to get their honest opinions and experiences with various products. I've read a lot and learned a lot from posters with a whole lot more experience than I have, but in the end, we all need to make our own decisions for what's most important to ourselves.

/ Deere 2025 vs. Mahindra 1526 #16  
I've had a 2025R for about 1 1/2 years. Love it. Best hydraulics of the 4010 or 1025R I had before. In fact, the hydraulics on the 1025R stunk, and the 4010s were a lot slower. I use for bushhogging, snow moving and chipping/shredding and just using as a diesel wheel barrow. Had an old JD soil ripper on the 4010 and used it once before going to no till. Missed not having the dual (steering assist) brakes on the 1025R. The 4010 could be whipped right around to the next row in the garden with the dual brakes.

Absolutely no problems with the 2025R so far. Was plagued with problems on the 1025R, a lemon and really rough running engine, etc. No problems initally on the 4010 but later broke both tightener gizmos on the tph arms and had some problems with the front turf tires. They're not adequate for loader work. Industrials are better but not much turning grip, e.g. greater need for those dual brakes. Lots of adjustments to the tph lift on the 2025R vs. none on the 4010, probably like the 2025E. I'd call the 4010 a 2019E in today's naming by JD.

I'd almost skip the 50 hour hydraulic oil change and just change the hydraulic filter (a spin on), as I found nothing when I opened up the hatch on the hydraulic fluid where the 4010 had its filter. Some others on this forum claim they've had some metal stuff in there though. For me, I'd just do the spin on filter replacement. Save you replacing a bunch of oil. Do the oil at 200 hours, and filter again.

Ralph