Comparison Deere 2025 vs. Mahindra 1526

/ Deere 2025 vs. Mahindra 1526 #1  

jdmilleresq

Tractor
case 1835
Hi Guys,

I have been lurking on this site for awhile but its time for me to buy a tractor this week and I am a bit torn. I need some advice. I am stuck between a Mahindra 1526 quoted at $15,400 and a Deere 2025 quoted at $17,200. Both Hydros, both 2017s. Both have good warranties and financing deals that are comparable.

I am located in Central Illinois, so I'm in serious Deere Country. I like the local Deere dealer well enough but I am just not too crazy about the tractor. I believe in buying American and would buy a solid American machine if I could but I guess in this size its not an option. The Deere is a Yanmar painted Green as far as I can tell.

The Mahindra dealer is somewhat new to Mahindra but is a very long established dealer in other brands. The Mahindra has a Mitsubishi engine, is heavier and seems more solid. Has 3 speed vs 2 speed on the Deere, almost double the 3-point lift capacity and it looks like a lot more lift capacity on the bucket too. Plus, the Mahindra has the bobcat/universal quick attach while the Deere uses their system. I would think its a lot easier to find the bobcat stuff if I want to buy some used forks etc.

I'll be using the tractor to maintain a very long driveway (gravel and snow removal) some brush hogging, very light cultivation, a lot of post hole digging and general work on 10 acres.

I thought about LS & Kioti but the dealers don't seem to be great here. I am totally unimpressed with Kubota. I like the New Hollands but haven't looked hard at them yet.

Besides resale I am having a very hard time finding a reason to go with the Deere. If I was convinced it was a better tractor I have no problem paying more but I just don't see it. The Mahindra is even assembled here in the States at a plant in Georgia. Does anyone have a reason why I should consider a different tractor or a compelling reason for me to buy a Deere? Maybe I should be looking at a smaller machine?

Thanks in advance for your wisdom!

/ Deere 2025 vs. Mahindra 1526 #2  
So why are you totally unimpressed with Kubota? The L2501 is a real sleeper with a large displacement Diesel putting out relatively low horsepower but very high torque. Plus Kubota builds the entire tractor from the wheels up and it's under the requirement for emissions equipment.

My neighbor just ordered a L2501 HST for ~$17K and change. Great machine.

/ Deere 2025 vs. Mahindra 1526
Well, on the Kubota: I don't know that I have looked at that model and maybe I should. But in general the Kubotas around the HP I am looking at seem lighter than the Mahindra.

I guess I also have a bias because of a lousy dealer experience back in Missouri. My folks have a smaller Kubota and it has not been a great machine and the dealer terrible. So Maybe I should give them a second look. I believe both the Mahindra and Deer are under the emissions requirement too.

/ Deere 2025 vs. Mahindra 1526 #4  
The L2501 is heavier than the Mahindra 1526. The Kubota loader also has a higher lift height than the Mahindra, so take the loader lift capacities with a grain of salt. The higher they lift the lower the spec will be on the spreadsheet, but in the real world the Kubota loader could be lifting just as much as the Mahindra.

/ Deere 2025 vs. Mahindra 1526 #5  
Well, on the Kubota: I don't know that I have looked at that model and maybe I should. But in general the Kubotas around the HP I am looking at seem lighter than the Mahindra.

I guess I also have a bias because of a lousy dealer experience back in Missouri. My folks have a smaller Kubota and it has not been a great machine and the dealer terrible. So Maybe I should give them a second look. I believe both the Mahindra and Deer are under the emissions requirement too.

Pros and cons to both the Mahindra and the Kubota. Spec them out, sit on each one, operate each one, make a decision from there. If you want to go JD, look at the 3025E model. Do the same thing. Make some spread sheets and compare all available specs, then sit & operate each and make a decision.

Need to consider options also while you are comparing.

Good luck and please report back. :thumbsup:

/ Deere 2025 vs. Mahindra 1526 #6  
You are not comparing comparable models. As Mtn Vw states, it is the 3000 series Deeres you need to be looking at. Also, I found the hydro 3016 (now called the 1526) a bit anemic for ground engaging. Not enough hp to suit my needs which are mostly skidding logs and snow plowing. Engine always revving to high **** with the hydro so I went with the geared 3016.

I feel Kubota produces the superior machine and here you'd be looking at L3000 series as well or if they still make the L2800. I didn't end up with Kubota because the sales staff was unbelievably arrogant. They were giving me dirt for my trade and Kubota has the propensity of putting their tie rods in front of the axle where I would have bent them like pretzels in the woods. I also need to be able to mount and dismount from both sides and Kubotas fel controls were squarely in the way to do so.

I also went to JD as that is what my trade was. They were also giving me dirt for my trade and I did not like all the plastic JD uses on their stuff along with their aluminum gear cases while charging exorbitant amounts for their stuff.

/ Deere 2025 vs. Mahindra 1526 #7  
Do you other dealers like Massey Ferguson in your area? Agree with Mt View that you will have to look at the "real" specs (load locations, heights, etc.) side by side and then operate them. One might just feel better than the others.

Do you other dealers like Massey Ferguson in your area? Agree with Mt View that you will have to look at the "real" specs (load locations, heights, etc.) side by side and then operate them. One might just feel better than the others.

I went by Massey today. They have one 1526 (last years model) but the price is basically the same as a Deere. $16,800 cash or $19,400 with financing. I like the tractor a lot but the stats on the loader are about 50% of the Mahindra. (breakout force, load etc.) I don't know if I can believe the Mahindra numbers but if they are correct nothing else even compares. on the numbers. I guess I'll go by Kubota but I think the Mahindra, at about $4000 less and better stats seems to be the standout. I am a bit concerned about the corporate and warranty issues but that is my only reservation. Headed to the Kubota dealer now, we will see if they can talk me out of it.

So the local didn't have the L2601 which I was hoping to see but I think it might be a little big for my purposes anyway based on what the sales guys was describing it. He did have a B3350 which I really like the frame size. Not crazy about getting one of the Tier IV models but I liked the tractor a lot. Waiting for a quote but it sounds like it will be around $18k. Sales guy basically told me the Kubota was better than the Mahindra regardless of lift etc. and that Mahindra was suspect on their warranty, which I have heard on forums here as well. I guess I'll see what the final quote is but I am still leaning to Mahindra for the universal quick attach, price and overall beefier feel.

/ Deere 2025 vs. Mahindra 1526 #10  
Glad you're shopping around. One thing to keep in mind per your "Buy American" preference, Deere's new 2025R is produced in Augusta, GA. The older (2017 and previous) 2025R's are the Yanmars painted green.

The Deere 3025E would be a direct comparison against the Kubota L2501. The 3025E has better hydraulic flow, turning radius, and an on-the-go PTO. The Kubota's PTO requires you to stop to engage, and it's awkward to do. If you're doing a lot of PTO work, this would be enough to cause me to look elsewhere. Also, Deere has almost a 3mph advantage in transport speed and loader/3 pt lift capacities are virtually the same.

The L2501 would have the advantage in weight, although their weight distribution is less than ideal for loader work. They also have a longer wheelbase.

Good luck with your purchase!